DLC trophy thoughts

Hunt4Platinum

9 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

What’s cookie cutter about it? If that’s all you thought it was you missed the point. Also boring? What game did you play? Last of Us Part 2 is great, if you found it boring, you’re the issue not the game. 

It kind of does. Lol 

The game is not boring the story is. The story is predictable as fuck after Joel dies. Knew from the start that we wouldn’t get to kill Abby. So because I don’t like your favourite game I’m the problem ? Grow up. People have a thing called opinions.  Maybe you’ll grow up to learn that one day.  

• Like 1

Directly from the blog post:

you can choose to enable Permadeath mode with checkpoints on a per-chapter or per-act basis

This would make it rather easy task to achieve. Each act contains multiple chapters. If you can combine this with the easiest difficulty, this will be a walk in the park by the looks of it.

Edited by HusKy

12 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Isn't that just for Encounter Select though?

I checked the VOD, you can use those settings even on Grounded without the Encounter option, but you cannot use the new modifiers such as infinite ammo.

If you are curious, simply skip to the moment where Ellie is walking with Jesse after Ellie leaves her room at the beginning of the game and you can see him looking at the options, he scrolls down rapidly but you can see that all of them can be used. Then you can go backwards to see that he started a new game on Grounded difficulty (video in the spoiler tag).

Spoiler

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Isn't that just for Encounter Select though?

no, just watch the livestream. Its at the start. Around 17-18 mins in. He says this is going to make my grounded run so much easier.

Edit: Thanks SealedCard.

Edited by FRKN4O
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

Tbh people are silly to think Devs or Sony give a SHIT about hunters lol.

That's strange.. Trophies are literally mentioned in the trailer for this DLC. Also, Sony made platinums easier for the exact reason of making their games accessible. They are very aware.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Directly from the blog post:

This would make it rather easy task to achieve. Each chapter contains multiple acts. If you can combine this with the easiest difficulty, this will be a walk in the park by the looks of it.

It is the opposite, right?  Ellie Seattle Day 1 is an act, of which there are multiple chapters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, djb5f said:

It is the opposite, right?  Ellie Seattle Day 1 is an act, of which there are multiple chapters.

I mixed up the words, you are correct. Fixed my post now.

Edited by HusKy

2 hours ago, SealedCard said:

I think you can, it seems that permadeath is a modifier you can apply to any difficulty. We will only know for sure on Aug 13 when it goes live though.

edit: I checked TLOU Strategist's live stream and yes you can do both:

uaDmaoP.png

That is good for those who want to try that. 

9 minutes ago, Allhelluja said:

Can we switch to Grounded at any given moment? If so, how does the game track our progress for the trophy?

Once you Pick Grounded you are committed to it, it locks the option to switch from it.

How are they both only a silver and bronze? That story is like 500 hours long, now doing it all again in a mode harder than any previous difficulty and with no hud is only worth a silver? I'm really not in the mood to play it all again and that incentive is kind of dog shit but that 95% is going to bug me to no end.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

That's literally the trophy hunting community lol.
I see that shit so much.. "Let's have harder lists!! this is too easy." 
>Makes it harder

"Wow these are too hard, I'm boycotting the dev because they are clearly putting a target on my head over my pixelated metals."

It's a huge yikes.

People like harder trophy lists but releasing the game as an easy plat and then releasing hard DLC trophies fucks over completionists

6 hours ago, FRKN4O said:

Just saw it one a livestream. On YT check for the guy named ps5trophies and scroll back at the start. There he is checking all the options.

I wonder if that would actually unlock the trophy though

• Like 3