DLC trophy thoughts

Hunt4Platinum

I honestly think this tis the best way to do the lists and should keep most people happy, you will never please everyone. This way people can experience the story and grab the plat along the way and move on and those that want to push themselves have the option to go a little further with the DLC. Completionists have to go for it but if it was in the game to start with they would've had to do it anyway so no different. I like it and look forward to re-visiting the game.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I need to know when this actually comes out so I can combine my second run for the collectibles with Grounded mode. 

This for me too. I'm playing the game blind and doing collectibles during my second run. I'm glad this is launching while I'm around two thirds of the way done with my first playthrough -_-

43 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I honestly think this tis the best way to do the lists and should keep most people happy, you will never please everyone. This way people can experience the story and grab the plat along the way and move on and those that want to push themselves have the option to go a little further with the DLC. Completionists have to go for it but if it was in the game to start with they would've had to do it anyway so no different. I like it and look forward to re-visiting the game.

If these trophies were in the game from the start I probably would have just played it on my second account

1 hour ago, Flipendo52 said:

People like harder trophy lists but releasing the game as an easy plat and then releasing hard DLC trophies fucks over completionists

I wonder if that would actually unlock the trophy though

Then I wouldn't really call them completionists lol.

If it's too hard for someone it's too hard, not much else you can do.

2 minutes ago, Flipendo52 said:

If these trophies were in the game from the start I probably would have just played it on my second account

Also this doesn't sound hard in the slightest especially since they didn't even do permadeath correctly.

My thoughts begin with 'fuck' and end with 'that'. I played through this game twice en route to the platinum and the second time felt like kind of a drag. A silver trophy for grounded mode is a piss-take and 'permadeath'? Yeah think how many enemies, including a particular boss encounter, where you get immediately one-shotted, then you get to spend three hours riding around Jackson again..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

Then I wouldn't really call them completionists lol.

If it's too hard for someone it's too hard, not much else you can do.

Also this doesn't sound hard in the slightest especially since they didn't even do permadeath correctly.

If you wouldn't call people who keep 100% account completionists what else would you call them? It does seem like permadeath is potentially much easier though, it's weird to call it permadeath if it only resets you back to the start of the chapter

1 minute ago, GarciaFever said:

Never played either the first one or this game, but I thought the dlc was going to be something multiplayer related?

Wouldn't be surprised if that is included in the next year or 2.

Sounds very odd to me that they would throw multiplayer DLC... but we all know how Naughty Dog has handled that in the past. 

It’s just a few people crying about DLC trophies. I can understand not wanting to go back to a game you already finished. But crying about it being too hard/tedious? 

This reminds me when people cried about Mein Leben in Wolfenstein II, to the point where they avoided the game altogether because of that one trophy.

Some people here need to grow a spine. Not all trophies should be obtainable for everyone.

1 hour ago, Flipendo52 said:

If you wouldn't call people who keep 100% account completionists what else would you call them? It does seem like permadeath is potentially much easier though, it's weird to call it permadeath if it only resets you back to the start of the chapter

You said this fucks over completionists when ultimately it fucks over people who whinge...

Keeping 100% is completionist but if people want to be one and are upset at DLC then I think they'd be better off not being one if they're unable to handle it.....

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

You said this fucks over completionists when ultimately it fucks over people who whinge...

Keeping 100% is completionist but if people want to be one and are upset at DLC then I think they'd be better off not being one if they're unable to handle it.....

Well said.

33 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Sounds very odd to me that they would throw multiplayer DLC... but we all know how Naughty Dog has handled that in the past. 

It’s just a few people crying about DLC trophies. I can understand not wanting to go back to a game you already finished. But crying about it being too hard/tedious? 

This reminds me when people cried about Mein Leben in Wolfenstein II, to the point where they avoided the game altogether because of that one trophy.

Some people here need to grow a spine. Not all trophies should be obtainable for everyone.

Mein Leben is different, the trophy is in the base game so you know before playing if it's for you or not. What Sony has been doing with first party games recently feels a little bit like clickbait, people start the game thinking they are going to have a relaxing and enjoyable time then they patch in trophies that are much harder than the base game later on. I didn't even enjoy replaying this game the first time for the upgrades, replaying it two more times sounds very boring. If it was actually new content I wouldn't even be annoyed, its just the same content but completionists have to replay it again.

19 minutes ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

Your first sentence doesn't even make any sense. Even if you aren't active in the forums, if you have played TLOU2 and disliked it (as many people did) and are a completionist then of course adding new trophies for basically doing the same thing over again is going to annoy you. The only difference is some people are active in the forum, so of course in a trophy thoughts thread we will express our trophy thoughts.

10 minutes ago, Flipendo52 said:

Mein Leben is different, the trophy is in the base game so you know before playing if it's for you or not. What Sony has been doing with first party games recently feels a little bit like clickbait, people start the game thinking they are going to have a relaxing and enjoyable time then they patch in trophies that are much harder than the base game later on. I didn't even enjoy replaying this game the first time for the upgrades, replaying it two more times sounds very boring. If it was actually new content I wouldn't even be annoyed, its just the same content but completionists have to replay it again.

It sounds like another case of Horizon Zero Dawn, Marvel's Spider-Man and Days Gone. All three were Sony exclusives, all had a New Game Plus trophy list that was separate from the base game. All lacked any originality and all were there to simply pad the game without adding any meaningful content.

If that's what people are complaining about, that is a valid reasoning.

In the past such trophies like that would be part of the base game. All of the Uncharted games on the PS3 required you to beat the game on Hard before you could unlock Crushing, which was an entirely new playthrough. Nowadays it's basically just the one playthrough while the rest of the list is basically clean up. Nowadays the lists are designed to where most of everyone can get the platinum, whereas in the PS3 generation that simply wasn't the case. In that aspect, trophy hunting has become more mainstream, because it turns out most people aren't hardcore trophy hunters who have to play X amount of games like they had to in Killzone 2.

inFamous: Second Son, while being easy overall, still required you to do two playthroughs because of the Good/Evil aspect. If that game were to come out today they would of found a way to just make the game one playthrough for the platinum. That just tells me trophy lists in general have become a lot easier and more streamlined. 2014 was still a time when trophy lists with a platinum presented a modicum of difficulty. Now thanks to Ratalaika and other publishers, there is no modicum of difficulty. Anybody can shoot for 300 - 500 platinums if they so desire.

I would probably be at 20,000 trophies if I were to just stack all the easy games I could pick up. But I don't, because I find that boring and just not fun to do.

In short, The Last of Us Part II's Grounded Mode will separate the casuals from the more dedicated trophy hunters. To me it's just more padding, just like the other Sony exclusives I mentioned (Horizon is no longer exclusive however).

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Spaz said:

It sounds like another case of Horizon Zero Dawn, Marvel's Spider-Man and Days Gone. All three were Sony exclusives, all had a New Game Plus trophy list that was separate from the base game. All lacked any originality and all were there to simply pad the game without adding any meaningful content.

If that's what people are complaining about, that is a valid reasoning.

In the past such trophies like that would be part of the base game. All of the Uncharted games on the PS3 required you to beat the game on Hard before you could unlock Crushing, which was an entirely new playthrough. Nowadays it's basically just the one playthrough while the rest of the list is basically clean up. Nowadays the lists are designed to where most of everyone can get the platinum, whereas in the PS3 generation that simply wasn't the case. In that aspect, trophy hunting has become more mainstream, because it turns out most people aren't hardcore trophy hunters who have to play X amount of games like they had to in Killzone 2.

inFamous: Second Son, while being easy overall, still required you to do two playthroughs because of the Good/Evil aspect. If that game were to come out today they would of found a way to just make the game one playthrough for the platinum. That just tells me trophy lists in general have become a lot easier and more streamlined. 2014 was still a time when trophy lists with a platinum presented a modicum of difficulty. Now thanks to Ratalaika and other publishers, there is no modicum of difficulty. Anybody can shoot for 300 - 500 platinums if they so desire.

I would probably be at 20,000 trophies if I were to just stack all the easy games I could pick up. But I don't, because I find that boring and just not fun to do.

In short, The Last of Us Part II's Grounded Mode will separate the casuals from the more dedicated trophy hunters. To me it's just more padding, just like the other Sony exclusives I mentioned (Horizon is no longer exclusive however).

100% agree. Sony is not helping the platinums being worthless situation when they don't even require the hardest trophies for plat.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flipendo52 said:

Your first sentence doesn't even make any sense. Even if you aren't active in the forums, if you have played TLOU2 and disliked it (as many people did) and are a completionist then of course adding new trophies for basically doing the same thing over again is going to annoy you. The only difference is some people are active in the forum, so of course in a trophy thoughts thread we will express our trophy thoughts.

I can reword it if English is harder to comprehend. The first sentence definitely made sense.

Again, if they are annoyed then DON'T be a completionist. Last thing anyone wants is to hear people sook over pixelated metals... 

Express the thoughts sure but to say completionists are fucked over that's a bit dramatic lol...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

I can reword it if English is harder to comprehend. The first sentence definitely made sense.

Again, if they are annoyed then DON'T be a completionist. Last thing anyone wants is to hear people sook over pixelated metals... 

Express the thoughts sure but to say completionists are fucked over that's a bit dramatic lol...

So just because the new TLOU2 trophies are annoying you suggest to quit being a completionist? Hell no. I was just expressing frustration.

20 minutes ago, Flipendo52 said:

So just because the new TLOU2 trophies are annoying you suggest to quit being a completionist? Hell no. I was just expressing frustration.

No because it "FUCKS COMPLETIONISTS ASSHOLES REPEATEDLY" is why I said for people who sook about it to not be one :)

The update coming with more detail like infinite and max everything but the nice think you cant use them for unlock trophy cause they disabled if you use infinite ammo .. etc but the parmadeath you can beat it with ( cloud save playstation plus ) its like checkpoint - naughty dog company sorry you are not good enough with insane player