Soulcalibur Lost Swords coming exclusively to PS3

xzero4812

I'm gonna try it, but I'm not expecting much. Tekken Revolution was crap.

I'm not of the same opinion, from my point of view the F2P was well implemented and actually I find it much more user friendly them most F2P games (starting by allowing to unlock all character for free through grind, and ending in not being a pay-to-win game), and I do like how they heavily reduced bound (making it a lot like pre-Tekken 6 games), still the introduction of the invincibles wasn't a bright move though..

Lost Swords is a single player game so hopefully its not as bad as the Wii Soul Calibur game

I don't know what exactly is that Wii game, but from what I read it's a mix of RPG elements (think of elemental stuff from Tekken 6), weapon finding and forging (probably buying too..), mission based with SC5 gameplay..

From that it sounds a lot to SC3 campaign mode (forgot the name), but if it's that with more longevity I will be happy.

Also Sophitia is back, (3rd character revealed, the others are Siegfried and Mitsurugi), so I don't know what the cast will be, but they may be bringing back more from the pre-SC5 cast, instead of the SC5 (that would actually be a smart move IMO).

Here's 1 source for that info + TGS trailer:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/19/4746172/free-to-play-soulcalibur-lost-swords-ps3-north-america

Still Namco is giving a good opportunity to people who never played or gave up on their long running series a chance to try them again (and possibly selling a few more copies, since I know quite a few persons who got TTT2 after playing TR)

I absolutely loved the gameplay in Tekken Revolution, and in many ways quite a bit more than Tag 2. The problem was, of course, that you can't play long sessions against friends (or randoms for that matter.) You could use the excuse that it's supposed to emulate playing at the arcade, but: if you keep winning in an arcade, you can keep playing without needing to spend more quarters/yen/etc. Even places with a ten-win limit still only charge you one credit per ten wins if you go on a streak. Whereas in Revolution, you're done after five matches no matter if you win or lose.

So I look forward to this new F2P Soulcalibur for sure. I love SC even more than I do Tekken. Though I'm sure I'll end up loving the gameplay in Lost Swords and be depressed that I can only get in five fights at a time. Then go back to SCV haha. ^_^

That reminds me... I should go back and play Soulcaliber V.... =.= Those online trophies...

The online wasn't that bad. Only gets rough when you can't lose and still rank up. :lol: Good luck if you do go back to it!

I'm looking forward to this. Picturing it to be more of an arcade fighter than the others for some reason or another. It can hold me over until SC II. 

The online wasn't that bad. Only gets rough when you can't lose and still rank up. :lol: Good luck if you do go back to it!

I'm looking forward to this. Picturing it to be more of an arcade fighter than the others for some reason or another. It can hold me over until SC II. 

Oh the online was pretty bad. I was barely ever able to connect and it took me forever to get all the online trophies (and I was boosting).