Worst game you played and worst game you finished

Lord_Azrath

Hey all,

I thought I could put a spin on the "worst games you ever played" and also add on worst game you actually bothered to beat.

For me, the worst game I ever played was Ride to Hell Retribution. Still have no clue how that passed QA and was released to the public!!! 

The worst game I ever finished was Ghost Recon Wildlands in 2017. I only beat it because I was depressed at the time and had nothing else going on, so I sat through the whole thing and beat it, I think I only had 1 fun moment in the whole game. To be honest, after Breakpoint was announced I was so shocked they would actually make a sequel and it turned out Breakpoint was even worse!

How about everyone else?

Edited by Lord_Azrath

I passionately and actively dislike Manual Samual.

How are you going to create a good concept of a game - doing everything manually - and halfway through decided that there wasn't enough shooting and too much story and turn it into a mech battle simulator instead? Not only that, but you are going to make intentionally frustrating battle sequences where you don't instruct the player what to do and are unforgiving when they can't read the devs mind. I'm not going to get started at the laziness of the devs to not even properly port their most important part of the game - the controls -  on PC so it's anyone's guess what button 'b' is. The game had so much potential and we instead got Manual Mech Samual Mind Reader: The Game. 

Honestly, of my PS4 collection, worst game I have played has to be Skyrim. Couldn't stand that bad graphics, bad art design and clunky controls. Worst game finished maybe Yooka-Laylee? The more time after I plat it I realized it wasn't all that good. One game I do very much not like is Yoshi's new island, god it was bad. Crafted World wasn't that great either

2 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Final Fantasy 15 and Final Fantasy 15. I even got 100% on it and I hated every minute. Definitely the worst game on my list. What the hell were they thinking?

nah, FF XV is pretty good just not a great FF

The worst game I've never finished is a game called Dark. It's a vampire game that came out the same year as Ride to Hell and I could hardly finish the first level given how broken it was.

The worst game I finished is something I played last year called Black Mirror, not to be confused with the TV show. It's  remake of an old adventure game from my country that happens to be my favorite, so imagine my otter disgust for how they bastardized this suppose new take on it. I don't know what happen, cause the trailer actually made me excited, but the game is so lazy in pretty much every single way.It's quick platinum, but that's about it. 

• Like 1

For me both are the same but I'm going to name two games because both are pretty equally awful: Demetrios and Gem Smashers.  Neither was a good game, but both had very serious bugs that interfered with my ability to play the game and get the plat.  To resolve the bug in Gem Smashers I had to reformat my Vita.  I had to replay a chapter of Demetrios because the game out of the blue wiped my inventory.

Well so far Worst game I ever played is Duke Nukem Forever. I don't have the energy to complete it either, it's THAT bad and bland and boring and whatever you want to call it. The pinball and table hockey are atrocious and ... I don't think there's any fun in this game overall. The only remotely interesting part was finding the weights to add on the pressing machine just for a stupid Ego point. That's it, 5 seconds of fun. Other than that, I recommend avoiding the game like the plague. And no, Duke's one-liners ain't the worst part in the game.

The worst game I ever finished was Devil May Cry 2. I considered adding Lords of the Fallen here, but that game had its moments and actually made me laugh at some points with how bad it is (not the DLC, that one can go to hell). DMC2 however... it's atrociously boring. That's the worst part at it : I'd rather have a bad game than a boring one. DMC2 is so bland and uninteresting, it's a shame it is part of that glorious franchise. Other than Dante's outfit, I don't think there's any redeeming qualities of this game.

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 2

The worst would have to be Rocky and Bullwinkle on the NES. Pretty old television cartoon series from the time of the Flintstones and the Jetsons. Wasn't a huge fan of it but watched it on DIRECTV when it aired via reruns and it was alright. The game itself is terrible. Some of the worst music of the 8 - bit era. A shame that James Rolfe himself (Angry Video Game Nerd) never gave it a proper review, although it was one of the Christmas episodes he did on his YouTube channel several years back.

Here's the episode:

====================

I don't remember anything truly bad that I've done, because I forgot about the games shortly thereafter. So until I remember them the worst I've finished is Orc Slayer. Easy platinum, completely terrible game. Terrible framerate, enemies get stuck in random places, gameplay is tedious and boring, music is so so, and I believe the game has a chance to crash. Utterly awful, it literally amazes me that some trophy hunters did this game TWICE.

I never get tired of claiming that Dino Crisis 3 is probably the worst game i've ever played and finished (just because I didn't want to waste the money I spent on it). Besides that, I would say that most of games based on a movie that were released for both the original Xbox and PS2 are terrible. 

As a Harry Potter fan, I was counting down the days to play The Goblet of Fire, after playing the first three installments, and it was so disappointing. 

Together with my ps4, I got Killzone Shadow Fall, and I disliked it so much that I never got into it ever again after finishing the first mission.

Ooo I remember another one and I actually bought it on the same day as Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust. The Wheelman. 

I went out with the lads on an all dayer and got wasted. Woke up the next day and had a copy of these two games on my sideboard. What made me go drunken shopping I will never know, but I haven't done it ever since.

I remember the games well. It was when I started my very first completion profile back on 360. RacePro was my first completion, then Larry, then Wheelman. Surprised I got so into achievements/trophies after that shit of a start. 

• 1 month later...

I could say fortnite because its cool to hate on that game, but I'm not going to do that, so;

Worst game I've played so far: Probably Goat Simulator, since that game is completly broken en straight up dumb (it's fun in the beginning but there's not really anything to do). The platinum trophy isn't that hard from what I've heard but the challenges you have to do in order to get it are either really dumb or really hard. 

Worst game finished: Assassin's Creed Liberation. I feell it's the overall weakest game in the entire series with a boring city to walk in, not a really interesting story (again, compared to the rest of the AC games) and I did not deel connected at all to the main character in this game. The new mechanics were a nice improvement such as getting dressed  to avoid being hunted but it felt more like a gimmick than an actual improvement. And don't get me started on themany hidden collectibles in the swamp area.....

Edited by its_ArchroniX

On 8/10/2020 at 2:32 PM, Lord_Azrath said:

The worst game I ever finished was Ghost Recon Wildlands in 2017. I only beat it because I was depressed at the time and had nothing else going on, so I sat through the whole thing and beat it, I think I only had 1 fun moment in the whole game. To be honest, after Breakpoint was announced I was so shocked they would actually make a sequel and it turned out Breakpoint was even worse!

Actually, I enjoyed Ghost Recon Wildlands ?...a guilty pleasure I suppose. I guess I just like sync'd silencer kills. ?. Definitely a flawed game though and it took listening to podcasts in the background to do all the collectibles.

Hard to narrow down worst game I have played as I have playing games for over 40 years, but in the past couple of years, I think the worst game I've completed Final Fantasy Type-0 HD...that game was torture.

Recently decided to do some backlog games from my vita and played Silent Hills Book of Memories, I only can say that the game is BAD and the lvl grind that you need to get the platinum is the worst part, at least if you have the dlc there are some really broken weapons that make the game go from frustrating to cakewalk in terms of difficulty ?

Nightcry. First off, I'm a fan of Clock Tower which this clearly patterns itself on, main guy having been involved in the Clock Tower games. Are there some interesting things in the game? Yes. However the sheer level of how terrible it runs means you have to will yourself to get through it. Framerate crapping out big time often (not talking oh damn the framerate went from 30 to 27 here. Talking single digits), bad animations if they even play and don't just skip, everything outside character models being blurry messes, massive and I mean massive load times (turning a radio gives you a load time of a minute for what reason who knows, though this is an extreme example), bad camera that in chase scenes (happen often) puts you looking at your characters feet for some reason, stalker enemy shown popping in on screen when chase scenes start, it's just an avalanche of problems.

The nicest thing you can say about it is it is impressive that they somehow got a game running that badly and yet, not having it crash constantly. Don't recall it crashing even once, though it did once glitch itself and not allow me to use items. Game took forever to finally come to Vita from PC and honestly it feels like they couldn't get it running on Vita well, gave up, and then decided to just release it the mess it is.

If we ignore technical issues (Nightcry is a solid enough game on PC from what I remember, the Vita version is just horrible) then I would say Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness. I've played a lot of VNs, including those like this one that have no gameplay... and yeah, just terrible. Dull. Predictable. Takes what you think will be an interesting concept and ruins it. Only VN on my list that like half way through I just gave up and started skipping. VNs like it don't have gameplay to fall back on if the story is a dud and damn did the thing just bore me.

Completed - Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within... Buggy repetitive shambolic game that recycles the same areas sometimes 3 to 4 times throughout a playthrough and because the difficulty trophies dont stack your forced to play it 3 times, game has random game breaking bugs too, a broken combat system all together and to top it all off its boring, really boring

Played - Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones... Currently on first playthrough, considerably better than the former but its still a ps2 game being played in 2020 which doesnt help either of these games that already fail, when this is done it will be the last pop i play... Ever

Completed- Quake 4 (Xbox 360). Quake 4 is not too bad of a game in itself. It's just that the Xbox 360 version was ported terribly. This version does try for 60 FPS, but unfortunately is rife with a lot of framerate death zones. So, a decent game is turned into something bordering on unplayable. Either play it on PC or just forget about it.

Played- Street Fighter 1 (arcade) This series has most certainly come a long way. I'm not really impressed with the first one. You probably take the hadoken, tatsumaki senpuukyaku, and shoryuken for granted in other SF games. I do. Anyway, they are in this one... but your timing has to be 110% spot on to execute them. If your motion is even slightly off, it's not working for you. Good luck.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge