Worst game you played and worst game you finished

Lord_Azrath

Completed - Adam's Venture: Origins. A steaming pile of shit that I remember only buying for $4. It is 3 hours of complete trash. I even got stuck on a sneaking section for an hour so it was 4 hours for me personally.

Played - Ash of Gods: Redemption. A blatant rip off of the Banner Saga Trilogy. The plagiarism is hilarious. Of all the games you want to copy, you use the Banner Saga, an obscure title in its own right, and then you copy it badly at that. The similar character dynamics, the gameplay systems. It's all bad. And it just plays infinitely worse to round it off.

Edited by thekingsman123

• 1 month later...

Both awards go to:

Velvet Assassin (Xbox 360) - this was one of the worst games I have ever seen. In all aspects, be it graphics, story, gameplay, everything seems to be wrong with this game to me personally. But thanks to my trophy-hunting genes I had to complete it nonetheless.

Wondering if this fact should make me rethink my gaming habits ?

Finished - The Order 1886, don't get me wrong it plays well it looks beautiful and it has interesting concepts. But it did not do the one thing that it needed to do for me and that is making me care. I did not care about the characters, both the main characters or the enemies. And that's something that I can't overlook, it disappointed me. I was honestly glad that it was a short game because I knew very quickly that I wanted the game to be over.

Played - There are so many games that I've played but one that comes to mind is The Wonderful 101 on the Nintendo Switch. The biggest problem I had with it is that it gave me so many tutorials in a row that I forgot how the game worked the next day so I just quit. It's probably a weird reason, but that's the biggest reason.

Played - Drawn to Death. Not even close. Tried it when it came to PS Plus a few years back and it's the shortest I've gone from loading up a game to hating it. The art style and general try-hardy nature of the game was so off putting. Gameplay was mediocre at best and a maximum of 4 players per game in an arena shooter in this day and age really doesn't cut it. It's 3 trophies are a stain on my trophy list.

Completed - Heavy Rain. I've played some real dross over the years but I've enjoyed or at least tolerated my time completing them. The only thing that kept me playing this was to get the platinum so I'd never have to play it again. The plat requires that you see all the endings but I was sick of the game on my first playthrough. Granted, I'd known the story and twists for years but even if I hadn't, my opinion that it makes no sense in places it really should wouldn't have changed. The "big" twist just does not work.

I enjoyed my time with Heavy Rain so little that it's put me off playing Detroit, which I gather is way better.

My answer to this will probably change depending on when you ask me, but right now, the worst game I've played (and not finished) from this generation is Mass Effect: Andromeda. With the recent glimpse of the next Mass Effect game, I thought back to this mess, and I honestly can't think of a single good thing about it. Brutally tedious exploration, brutally tedious combat, brutally poor writing - there's just nothing here. I gave up a little way into the Ice planet (brutally tedious setting), and I remember thinking that this entire game plays like it's still in alpha. It's so bad, in fact, that it's actually killed any interest I have towards future instalments.

Games which I hated but still finished is harder to answer - generally, if I finish a game, I don't hate it at all. I guess Fallout 4 was hugely unremarkable for me, and The Last of Us 2 fell flat on its face, thematically, but I don't hate either game. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition and Rise of the Tomb Raider definitely outstayed their welcome, too. Again, it's not that these games are terrible - I just wanted them to be over far sooner than they were. 

Went through the topic and honestly, i had quite a few different opinions on games mentioned here. say, Vevlet Assassin or ME: Andromeda. 

I usually pick my game carefully so it is hard to find one, especially on console. If i have to, i would say FF XV is the one i finished and ICO is the one i didn't.

I would've used ME3 to replace FF XV but I played that abomination on PC. And there were many worse games I played on PC, much worse i would say.

Edited by Maverick6146