Considering a new account, did you ever think about that too?

YonahFuriae

I don't really care about milestones. If I'm ever gonna start a new profile it's because my completionist mindset has made me do some things I'm not proud of and tainted this profile for good. The only thing that keeps me from abandoning it right now is the fact that there are quite a few Platinums on it that I worked really hard for and won't be able to do again (GT5 for example). If we get the option to delete trophies at some point that might save it (and no, I'm not talking about deleting games where I failed to get 100%). Otherwise I'm going to start over fresh at some point.

Edited by Baka_Marimo
  • Like 1

I think it depend of your goals how trophy hunter (if you have any with your account of course) personally, I just started with a new account because I just want replay games and earn one more time the same trophies/platinums because I enjoy it and I don't  have any problem to play two or more times a game with +90 hours in order to get the platinum like Persona 5, sora no kiseki, sen no kiseki, Atelier's games etc. In any case, if you want talk about this let me know!

• Like 1

Nope, well not for milestones anyway.  Like, it's a journey and it's fun looking back on what I've played.  I did try to set up a milestone, but it didn't pop like I thought it would.  The Master Thief trophy, I wanted it to be the Virtuoso Healer.  I thought you had to max out the skill tree for the trophy, nope just hit Lv99.  Popped all out of order.  Now whenever hit a milestone, it's whatever I'm playing at the time.

Now I was considering making a new account just to change my name.  Even then, it was over 7 years old.  Luckily they finally implemented name changes.

• Like 1

I have, some of the milestones are not to my liking, one game is blocking my 100% and some games I really hate are on my profile and I would prefer if they were no longer on it. In the end I decided against it, I just spent too much time collecting trophies, playing games far longer than I would have, that can't all have been for nothing, also I really do not want to replay most of my games to get my profile back into a somewhat decent state, one I can't even replay cause it is no longer online. Sometimes it is better not to obsess over something so much and just accept it as it is, incomplete, imperfect, slightly flawed and with a few regrets, at least it makes it unique to your playstyle.

• Like 3

Nope, never considered it. Heck I ain't going through the slog of getting certain games to 100% again.

Besides it's the perfect way to see your evolution in gaming tastes. How would I be able to remember that I played PES at some point in time if I changed my account? xD 

Of course not. My trophies are just a record of my play history. It’s not important what ones are milestones on this site or what the stats actually are, I can look at my trophies and remember the games and experiences. 

My only regret is that I mained a 360 too and spent a lot of time on the inferior achievement system. And even that has now been deleted by MS because I failed to log in for years. A lot of loss there, so deliberately losing my trophy collection too?! LMAO. Never.

Although, as an aside, if anybody had ever played on my account and earned a trophy I would have to get that trophy myself, even if I had to buy the game. Hate the idea of any trophies on my profile I hadn’t earned. Wouldn’t really care that the actual date of earning it was “incorrect”

Edited by thefourfoldroot

I thought about it for a bit but then decided against it. There's history in my account and I can always look back at the feats and plats I accomplished along the way. Sure, having 95%+ completion looks pretty sweet, but I made my peace that I am never going to go there. And my completion is deteriorating even more now days as I am focusing on just completing games and going through my backlog and not trophy hunting everything. It's kinda freeing, to be honest. I don't want to worry about pesky online trophies and other things. I still love trophies and enjoy getting them, but it's not my sole focus anymore, not until I get through my backlog at least, which is probably going to take years. 

Would I welcome a trophy/trophy set remove feature? Sure I would, but it is what it is. Then again that would mess up my milestones which I managed to time/earn quite well so far if I might say so myself.

Just don't forget, you're all amazing and breathtaking. Keep on kicking ass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YonahFuriae said:

Your account is 7 months old, mine is 12 years. There wasn't even trophies for the first PS3 games, I was a child, and have matured since them. Still, of all my profile I only regret a couple games friends played on my console for just a couple hours as I said, Modern Warfare 2 and Burning Blast 2.

Still reading your first 4 words already made I wouldn't take into account anything else you said, as showing stupidity is the best filter to know someone opinions will be equally unconstructive.

Also you say how careful you chose games, but do you enjoy what you play? I see many dupes with 11 min plats, I guess each one their own, but I totally would start over if I had a profile like that. No matter how many times I play Steins;Gate, Fate or any other VN, I would never replay if I won't read and enjoy it in full again. Also don't respect people who skip these and finish in an hour or so because they just played them, but again, to each their own.

At least MW2 doesn't have online trophies. Can always do little by little. 

Yeah, same here.

I having nothing against people who dupe easy ass games. To me it's just makes your profile look cheap. The only time I'm ok with duping plats is if it's a hard as hell kind of game. I would just stare at your profile and say "what a fucking nutjob.." or "must be a masochist" 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YonahFuriae said:

Your account is 7 months old, mine is 12 years. There wasn't even trophies for the first PS3 games, I was a child, and have matured since them. Still, of all my profile I only regret a couple games friends played on my console for just a couple hours as I said, Modern Warfare 2 and Burning Blast 2.

Still reading your first 4 words already made I wouldn't take into account anything else you said, as showing stupidity is the best filter to know someone opinions will be equally unconstructive.

Also you say how careful you chose games, but do you enjoy what you play? I see many dupes with 11 min plats, I guess each one their own, but I totally would start over if I had a profile like that. No matter how many times I play Steins;Gate, Fate or any other VN, I would never replay if I won't read and enjoy it in full again. Also don't respect people who skip these and finish in an hour or so because they just played them, but again, to each their own.

Well I'm going to sound like an asshole by saying this... but according to your profile you were only 6 years old back in 2007. So you were definitely a child. I wasn't even allowed privileges to make an account of any sort online until I was about 13 - 14 years old, but back then the internet wasn't as mainstream as it is now.

I started out with a lot of easy - medium platinums, avoiding anything that I felt was too difficult. This is indicated if you look at the first several games I finished. Then I basically trophy whored for a while, playing stuff like Adam's Venture Origins, Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space and other monstrosities that I wouldn't even think to play without trophies. I even paid the money to get SIX STACKS of Sound Shapes by having to pay for those other regions. You have to pay for PSN money for UK, Hong Kong and Japan if you do not live in those regions. Found out it wasn't worth the trouble.

Since then I've mostly played stuff I've wanted to play while challenging myself here and there. Currently at a 96.50 percent completion rate and it feels good to be that high percentage wise.

You were 6, I was 19 years old. It just amazes that you somehow managed to play PS3 games in 2007.

• Like 3

For me it has been all or nothing, since I have started my account. So I can feel ya, if the whole situation annoys you.

Judging by the long post this is the case indeed ?so go for a new profile and think wisely about the games you play and who you let play on your console :)

Edited by Jasko_SOA

19 minutes ago, Jasko_SOA said:

For me it has been all or nothing, since I have started my account. So I can feel ya, if the whole situation annoys you.

Judging by the long post this is the case indeed 1f605.pngso go for a new profile and think wisely about the games you play and who you let play on your console :)

Saw your trophy list.. Jesus youre skilled and dedicated.. 

I aspire to have my trophy list like yours.. but I suck lol

6 hours ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Yes. This is my new account and @Kristen Danielle 2 is my old one, which is now my alt. I started over when the Dante's Inferno (PS3) servers went down and EA was being a brat about it. They've since come back online, but there's no telling how long that will last, so I'm not going to try it on this account.

haha you did what i suggested you to do 

• Like 1

I got missing timestamps on two trophies in Neptunia. Luckily for me there were two games early on in my profile with one trophy each that I was never going to play again. I just hid them and my milestones went back to how they were. Now I have to quadruple check everything if I'm aiming for a specific trophy for a milestone because this site and PSN habe different counts for me. Essentially, if I ever start a new profile I've been killed and someone's impersonating me to spy on my cat.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Saw your trophy list.. Jesus youre skilled and dedicated.. 

I aspire to have my trophy list like yours.. but I suck lol

Thank you for your kind words :). However I am not that skilled tbh, just persistent.

If you want to see some skilled guys check out these ones: @JIVe_____ @quickfoozlle @Floriiss @grimydawg___ @SlimSanta94

• Like 2

I know how you feel when wanting to create a new account cause i too wanted to do 100% but majority of the times i barely have time like looking for stable work, social life, family errands etc. 

I was conflicted on whether to start a new account but things lead me to decide and stay many times and here are my reasons

- Games once  platted or 100% wont be obtainable any more

- More time wasted redoing the games again (especially on ps3) when you can move forward to playing

- Itll be a pain to find new boosters esp on time difference 

- having a new account would just feel like you wasted money, time and progresss to doing some trophies (esp online )

- some games are platted already depsite not 100% and at least the plat is better to obtain

- new account can start something new but not your age

in conclusion its up to you really esp on your account you have for years (if you only have a few games that would be okay to change) but for me i stay cause i already have many games that i would never dare redo or its impossible

Edited by maurjen

6 hours ago, YonahFuriae said:

So what if I did have multiple same games at once and platinum it? VN's aren't that bad and they have interesting routes for good, bad and neutral. For someone stupidity like yourself who don't like replay the platinums on same games. I enjoy what I played. Get a grip lol.

34 minutes ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Thank you for your kind words :). However I am not that skilled tbh, just persistent.

If you want to see some skilled guys check out these ones: @JIVe_____ @quickfoozlle @Floriiss @grimydawg___ @SlimSanta94

I’m just like you bro, very persistent lmao! Thanks for the shoutout though ? I’m nowhere near @Floriiss or @SlimSanta94these guys are in a league of their own lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JIVe_____ said:

I’m just like you bro, very persistent lmao! Thanks for the shoutout though 1f603.png I’m nowhere near @Floriiss or @SlimSanta94these guys are in a league of their own lol

Your profile is awesome dude, really. Impressive stuff :)

49 minutes ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Also, thank you for the shoutout dude :) I don't consider myself to be skilled.. I would just say i'm extremely passionate about music/rhythm games and I have way too much patience for my own good xD 

• Like 3

Nope, I would never, for no reason in the world (besides my account getting hacked..), start a fresh profile. And not necessarily because I wouldn't have the time to replay most of the games (which I wouldn't have..), but because even the games I didn't like belong on my profile. I spent time with them, and despite me not having the fondest of memories when seeing them on my profile, they are still part of my gaming history. 

As for completion... Also that is part of it. I have most of my games complete, and if some day I find the game that I cannot complete... well, that also will stay on my profile, showing where my skill ceiling really is :) 

Also, @Jasko_SOA, @JIVe_____, don't wave aside the compliments, you deserve them! :)  

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

No, never.

I try to make my profile look nice with certain milestones and completion percentage.

Sure, not everything is great, but its mine and its honest. It contains the games I've played on PS for the last 7 years (joined late PS3).

In my opinion, getting a new profile because you don't like your completion or certain milestones is just lying to yourself. Getting a specific 100th plat on that new account won't be your 100th, it would be your 100+however many plats you had on your old profile. It's not the same as your genuine 100th platinum just because your new profile says its your 100th on that one.

In the end it's just a gaming profile, you don't have to make it more important than it is. Its also sort of a personal gaming journal, it's always much better if it's genuine in my opinion.

Edited by Ric
always with the typos, I should proofread better...
  • Like 1