Trophy thoughts?

adam_31256

There is no guide/roadmap for the game and I was looking for people who have 100% this game to give me and others trophy tips, tricks and techniques. I am considering playing this game via my PS Now subscription, I just need someone to point my in the right direction (in terms of trophies) so I don’t go into this completely clueless. I have never played a tennis game, so any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards, Adam_31256

I'm currently finishing my 3rd Season in Career.

You can do everything on Easy, with only 1 set/1 game. You will win a match without struggle in 1 minute.

So far I'm only missing the "4 wins in Doubles Grand Slams with the same partner trophy". Even with Nadal as my partner, I lost in the first round of Roland Garros. So now I have to start a new season! But you can skip all months until you reach the Grand Slam events.

• Like 1

I started the game on career mode. Took so long to finish just one match that I can’t face playing as much as needed for the plat. It’s just not fun. Everything is just so slow and, well, irrational.

Nothing will ever beat smash court tennis, although everybody’s tennis came close.

24 minutes ago, Pieckenhagen4 said:

I'm currently finishing my 3rd Season in Career.

You can do everything on Easy, with only 1 set/1 game. You will win a match without struggle in 1 minute.

So far I'm only missing the "4 wins in Doubles Grand Slams with the same partner trophy". Even with Nadal as my partner, I lost in the first round of Roland Garros. So now I have to start a new season! But you can skip all months until you reach the Grand Slam events.

Really? Didn’t know you could drop it to one set on career mode. Think I might give it another go. Although the gameplay is still extremely strange compared to every other tennis game I’ve played.

23 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I started the game on career mode. Took so long to finish just one match that I can’t face playing as much as needed for the plat. It’s just not fun. Everything is just so slow and, well, irrational.

Nothing will ever beat smash court tennis, although everybody’s tennis came close.

Really? Didn’t know you could drop it to one set on career mode. Think I might give it another go. Although the gameplay is still extremely strange compared to every other tennis game I’ve played.

Singles Career is very easy, you can win a tournament in 7 rounds, and to win a match you only need to win 4 points. 

So it will take 10/15 minutes of gameplay to win each tournament.

Doubles is much harder... Because your partner is not good enough, and the opponents get tough to beat, even on the lowest difficulty!

1 hour ago, Pieckenhagen4 said:

Singles Career is very easy, you can win a tournament in 7 rounds, and to win a match you only need to win 4 points. 

So it will take 10/15 minutes of gameplay to win each tournament.

Doubles is much harder... Because your partner is not good enough, and the opponents get tough to beat, even on the lowest difficulty!

Truth be told I’ve played one match and don’t even know how to play properly. Like what is the red/green colour all about and how do you get green? Timing seems to come down to pressing the button as soon as possible so you have time to move the reticule to where you want it, but sometimes that doesn’t work.

i mean I won the game, but the whole system seems counter intuitive compared to all other tennis games I’ve played.

22 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Truth be told I’ve played one match and don’t even know how to play properly. Like what is the red/green colour all about and how do you get green? Timing seems to come down to pressing the button as soon as possible so you have time to move the reticule to where you want it, but sometimes that doesn’t work.

i mean I won the game, but the whole system seems counter intuitive compared to all other tennis games I’ve played.

Well, if you play on the lowest difficulty, you won't have this problem, because the timing is always right, and your ball will always go inside the lines of the opponent field.

ATM, I'm missing the 25 press conferences, I'm at 17 or so... Quite close to the plat!