The team you get put on is not entirely random.

ThatMuttGuy

After a lot of playtime in a squad, I'm very positive on this. If you play with a full 4 man squad, you will be out on red team every time (except team tail tag which puts you on green for some reason). If you have a 3 or 2 person squad, you will most likely be put on blue, although it's still possible to be on red. Solo players have a very high chance of being put on yellow, but they can end up on any team. But yellow team is all solo players, as far as I can tell. 

So, if you're going for the 5 wins trophy, it's clearly better to not attempt it solo. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

This would explain why I'm almost always on yellow then. I had 1 round today where I was put on blue and 1 where I was put on red. Good to know! I wondered why I always get yellow!

Yeah, a lot of people say it's completely random, but I know it's not. I got downvoted on Reddit for trying to let people know this info my friends and I have discovered. 

At first, I thought the "yellow team is bad" meme was just false. But now, it totally tracks if it's all solo players. They can't have any proper coordination. 

• Like 3

Just another reason to add a separate solo queue.

It's the same with starting spot on Fall Mountain. We discussed this in another thread, but there has to be a reason I have never ever started on anything other than front row. Sure I guess it's nice for me, don't get me wrong but still kind of stupid.

Only thing that comes to mind is the load in time. (I use a PRO with an installed SSD. That's the only advantage I can see myself having versus most players). Nice randomizer there aswell.

Edited by Misshandlad
  • Like 2

Kinda sad players had to find that out by themselves. Would be more interesting if squads get paired together first but that would mean a longer waiting queue. It is comparable with World of Tanks where platoons of five in a 15v15 match cause lopsided matches because of poor matchmaking.

Giving team colors to players depending if they are solo, duo or squad is odd and gives away too much information about who could be in a squad and who is playing solo. If that stays that way it could lead to tactics like blue and yellow preying on red - or the squads go after the yellow team.

This could have been avoided by randomizing team colors. Not game-breaking but annoying, and something that cam be patched.

1 hour ago, Misshandlad said:

It's the same with starting spot on Fall Mountain. We discussed this in another thread, but there has to be a reason I have never ever started on anything other than front row. Sure I guess it's nice for me, don't get me wrong but still kind of stupid.

Only thing that comes to mind is the load in time. (I use a PRO with an installed SSD. That's the only advantage I can see myself having versus most players). Nice randomizer there aswell.

I've wondered that myself. I'm always in the first row, always and I have seen a lot of Mountain finals. I was thinking it has something to do with the positions you placed in the rounds before but Pro and SSD could also be a good explanation (playing on Pro and SSD as well)

1 hour ago, Samasyxx said:

90% of the time I play this game I am with a 2nd person and we mostly get put on the yellow team so I don't believe what you're saying is entirely true but I agree with the fact that it's not completely random.

I'll play some later tonight with my partner (we've mainly just been playing solo so we don't have to wait for each other if one of us gets knocked out early) and I'll see what happens with the team events and report back.

4 hours ago, Misshandlad said:

Just another reason to add a separate solo queue.

i am in the last row of fall mountain 100% of the time. its terrible, especially when its the 3rd or 4th row. basically and instant loss.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

After a lot of playtime in a squad, I'm very positive on this. If you play with a full 4 man squad, you will be out on red team every time (except team tail tag which puts you on green for some reason). If you have a 3 or 2 person squad, you will most likely be put on blue, although it's still possible to be on red. Solo players have a very high chance of being put on yellow, but they can end up on any team. But yellow team is all solo players, as far as I can tell. 

So, if you're going for the 5 wins trophy, it's clearly better to not attempt it solo. 

I play solo and I'm always on the blue team

Update must have fixed some of this as today I was on yellow all day and we won every time, ?  go yellow, then for the first time got put on a blue team and lost at hoarders as the team was rubbish just running all over the place randomly.

Yellow is back!

So having now done some more experimenting, when I played in a party of 3 we were on red team every time. Playing on my own, yes, usually yellow, however there's times/days where I'm often put on blue. I don't recall ever having been on red on my own though. I feel like red quite often seem to win/qualify. Yellow doesn't lose all the time, in fact sometimes the blue team I get put on are completely useless and literally seem to do nothing. Playing on red team definitely seemed the most consistent with qualifying though. 

This sounds like some form of placebo effect to me. I’ve only played with friends for like 2hrs out of the 25+ hrs I’ve played in total. So as someone who primarily plays solo, I’d say I’m equally placed on each colored team. Sure you have a string of the same color here and there but that’s just random chance.

Kudos if you’re right though.

Edited by Skurkitty