The team you get put on is not entirely random.

ThatMuttGuy

On 8/11/2020 at 8:00 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

After a lot of playtime in a squad, I'm very positive on this. If you play with a full 4 man squad, you will be out on red team every time (except team tail tag which puts you on green for some reason). If you have a 3 or 2 person squad, you will most likely be put on blue, although it's still possible to be on red. Solo players have a very high chance of being put on yellow, but they can end up on any team. But yellow team is all solo players, as far as I can tell. 

So, if you're going for the 5 wins trophy, it's clearly better to not attempt it solo. 

I'm usually on red team when I play with my wife (just us two in a group). It actually got to the point last night where she said "It seems like we're always on red". After she said that, we started taking note, and yup... never fails, we're always on the red team. Now granted, I know you said most like be on blue but still possible to be on red..... but it was 100% on red (after we started taking note). Of course we only played maybe 10-12 more teams games once we started taking note... so not a huge sample size. Also, I'm not saying that 2 people will always be on red. I'm just saying if I made a post like yours, I'd have my colors the other way around when it comes to 2 person.

When i play in 3 person squad, I tend to be on green most of the time (when green is available)

I haven't played in a 4 player group yet, so can't say for that one.

As far as the 5 wins trophy goes.... it's meaningless now :(.  Once they patch the glitch/exploit/cheat, hardly anybody will be getting that trophy. There will always be players who got the trophy Pre-Patch, and those who get it Post-Patch. And all those getting it now, will be assumed to have cheated to get it......thus making it meaningless.  I feel kind of bad for the players who actually got the trophy legit (I'd guess maybe around 12 players), because they too will be assumed to have cheated to get it.

But at least they'll still have an ultra rare platinum :)

Edited by Fish613

Update, currently I seem to get on yellow team more often, with blue and yellow about equally (still only played solo so far). Occasionally but rarely get on red, and have never been on green the few times I got a game with it