Share your level strategies

Alos88

Team Tail Grab- once you have a tail, hide next to the pillar inside one of the pink-striped spinners- next to no one will be able to touch you. It's a great way of keeping them away and if enough of your team do it you can pretty much run out the clock.

That's mine, share yours!!!

22 hours ago, basil_flash said:

DON'T try shortcuts in Slime Climb. I've managed to actually finish the level taking the proper route, because everyone else is knocking into each other back down trying to take the shortcuts

The shortcut right at the start is handy. Where u jump on the yellow thing to skip the first turn

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, basil_flash said:

DON'T try shortcuts in Slime Climb. I've managed to actually finish the level taking the proper route, because everyone else is knocking into each other back down trying to take the shortcuts

I always try the shortcuts first time to win the race. But once I've been knocked down, I take it slow and steady. There really is no reason to rush. Slime is one level I've yet to lose on.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mattematics-94 said:

not much to the strategy, you just need alot of luck on your side, its either a good day or bad day. Goodluck

Incorrect. It just takes skill to overcome the odds and make it to the finale. 

The best freebie tip I can give to people is to dive on the seesaws. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, basil_flash said:

Disagree, but I will add a "BUT"

Take shortcuts BUT you must have confidence in it. If you aren't confident in your shortcuts, don't take them. I've watched too many... noobs bounce around on shortcuts and it cost them time and/or gets them eliminated.

I am very good at shortcuts on slimeclimb, so I take it, but there are definitely people who are better off taking the normal route. Truly, the main advantage of succeeding a shortcut is that it separates you from the mass of bodies that keep bumping into you.

With the exception of the Finale, just remember this... You don't need to be #1... you just need to qualify. Calm down and make solid decisions on the fly. You may not be in the front of the pack, but watch all those buffoons in front of you fall off cliffs or get hit by obstacles and you'll make it to the end. Same goes for team games. You don't need to be #1... Just need to make sure someone else is #3.

Also a tip for Fall Ball... don't forget that as soon as a goal is scored on either side, a new ball is immediately spawned in the middle... Take advantage of that fact.

• Like 2

Grab everyone and hope to steal their good luck!

Ok, here's some actual things that work for me, though I don't know if they really count as strategies:

- For those trying to get 1st place on Whirlygig: when you reach the final conveyor belt (the one with the fast fan that usually sends most people flying to the right), just stay as much to the left as possible. The fan will knock you down, but instead of flying you'll just stumble forward, getting the check point and the shortcut.

- Egg Scramble: at the very start, rather than putting the eggs in your area, just pick them and hurl/drop them beyond the little barrier and start a mini-relay. While the other teams fight in the middle your teammates can easily pick the eggs you throw, and since you don't have to run far you can pick a lot more eggs before the opponents. Also, always jump and throw the egg from afar, don't bother walking up to the nest.

- Tail grab (both team and solo): use the hammers to fly far. Most people will just lose sight of you and give you some space. Oh, and for the solo version, if you're desperate run along the lower side of the platform (under the bridges) while holding R2: many people try to run (on even stay still) there because they hope no one see them, so you might end up with a random tail without even noticing.

Edited by DarkBahamutZero
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

i kind of agree, you need skill to a degree, but its mainly Luck & jumping is a must on the seesaws too.

My Tip, never grab anyone unless its a Tails or Jynx game, you just end up screwing yourself over more than the other person, its not worth it.

Edited by Mattematics-94

2 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Great tip! I had been having trouble with these as they were to tilted but diving on them helps.

Here's a few I personally do, which are mostly common sense honestly.

on whirlygig, if you stay as left as possible on the final ramp you rarely get hit by the fan. and even then you usually land on the set of platforms on the right. 
on the match thing the final pair always seems to only have 3 panels.
In team games you only have to avoid coming last.. it's usually much easier to stop a team from stealing your stuff than stealing theirs. 
Literally playing defensive on fall ball.. and jumping under the ball when a new one appears is op if you time it right. 
Also just play casually.. I've seen a lot of people make stupid decisions due to being to eager to win...

In Slime Climb, hen you arrive to the yellow slippery cilinders, if you have problems on the second one, try aiming to the farther side when jumping (if you start from the one on the left, aim to the right side, if you start from the right one, aim to the left side). Trying to jump directly at the center of the second cilinder is too risky, I don't know if it's gravity of the game or the hitbos, but since I used this "mindset" I never had a problem in this level.

I'm not sure if this helps also, but in Fruit Chute, I THINK that if you run for 1,5 second, jumpo forward and repeat the process you could make a little more distance than running.

Ah, and in See Saw you can jump on the yellow rails, in case you want a bit of advantage in height for the jump in the next seesaws.

Edited by IosonoOtakuman

7 hours ago, basil_flash said:

this is true so long as you arent in the front row. front row, always attempt the shortcut once and if you mess up then go around because if you mess up twice the slime will kill you. 2nd-4th row, play it safe and go around.

Edited by EightBitArtist
  • Like 1

Tip that I learned from my friend, I already was able to keep to myself in Hex-a-Gone, but with this I could stay atop players even longer if I didn’t get knocked off already:  you can make  platforms in Hex-a-Gone last a bit longer if you wait for a split second. No need to jump to the next tile immediately after you jump over, you can wait until the tile sort of pops back up after being pressed down to jump. My friend told me it gives you a quarter of a second more out of each tile, I tested it out, and yeah, that seems to be case. Ever since, that’s been guaranteeing me a safe spot above other players. And since now I can spend more time up top, it gives me more time to observe where the other players are, in case they’ll come my way, or if I decide to go and cut them off so that they don’t isolate me from whatever platform I’m on. And if there’s players above you if there’s still platforms above you, watch out for their shadows. If their shadows are near or on you, best you stray, you don’t know if they’ll fall and fall on you and eliminate your tile.  People seem to take it slow when there’s few tiles left, so people reckon to eliminate as many tiles right away, but I think you should play it safe at all times, even if it does make the process of survival longer. 

9 hours ago, Alos88 said:

Team Tail Grab- once you have a tail, hide next to the pillar inside one of the pink-striped spinners- next to no one will be able to touch you. It's a great way of keeping them away and if enough of your team do it you can pretty much run out the clock.

That's mine, share yours!!!

I see people do this a lot.....  

First: I laugh at them

Second: I go in, no problem, and grab their tail.

It's really not a good strategy (sorry to rain on your parade). But I have seen other people get knocked around a lot trying to go in for the tail grab... so I guess it works against new players.

Here's a tip for Team Jinxed:  Get jinxed. Get good at grabbing people, get jinxed within the first 5 seconds and start chasing the other team. Most people just run around trying not to get jinxed. Why not do the jinxing yourself? :)

See Saw: Dive onto the next platform. If you don't dive and the platform is slanted, you start ragdolling and fall off. If you dive, you'll never ragdoll (unless the platform is nearly vertical).

Fruit Chute: The fastest way I've experienced to get up the ramp is the run a few steps, then jump, run a few steps, then jump. Keep repeating that. Do NOT just run, or do NOT just jump the entire time.

Roll Out: Stick to 2 side wheels. Do not go running across the entire thing.

Hex-a-Gone: If there's a lot of people (at the start), drop down to the last level on purpose and start running around. If there isn't a lot of people (at the start), drop down to the 2nd or 3rd to last level...run around for a little bit, then drop down to the last level and start running around. Ever since I started using this strategy, I've either finished 1st or 2nd in Hex-A-Gone, every time.

That's probably it. There's lots of other strategies for the other levels, but I feel like they're all obvious strategies that I see almost everyone doing already. The ones I listed above, I do not see many people using..... so that's why I shared those.

Is there some pattern for how the hoops spawn in Hoopsie Daisy? I have begun to really hate this mini-game as it seems to boil down to mostly RNG. If your team was blessed with enough hoops spawning right in front of them, we qualify. If not, we lose.

Edited by Guardian_owl

Here's my two cents:

Hoopsie Daisy: if an arc spawns on the side of the blue ramps, dive instead of jumping. Jumping also works, but diving will get you right through the middle 100% of the time. Also, keep a lookout for Golden Rings on both ends, middle ramp and spinning discs.

Block Party: dont try to stick to the end of the platform just to give you more time to react. The fuckfest of fallen bodies will be your undoing. Stick between the middle and the start.

That fruit logic game: people who know they got the tile right usually wont move an inch. Usefull on the last round if you feeling a bit lost and need to make a split second decision.

Team games except Fall Ball: if the timer is closing and your team is either 1st or 2nd, forget about coming first. Pick on the losing team and keep them from scoring any further, even if it means working with one of your enemies!