Bioshock 4 is in development

ziggypossum

Sometimes a series should be left alone, especially when a lot of the original creators aren't around. 

I love the original game. I've got it on 2 platforms, 360 and ps3. And I plan on getting the plat on ps3 and ps4. It's one of my favorites from my childhood. The problem is that it never needed sequels or continuation. Infinite is good, but it didn't need to be BioShock, and I think that connection tarnishes it in the end. The DLC was also unnecessary, as I don't think we ever needed to see Rapture before its ruin. I fear the same will happen with this new game if it goes through and ends up being a "BioShock" game. Unnecessarily connected to a game it will never live up to. 

26 minutes ago, Fizzgiglatte said:

Sometimes a series should be left alone, especially when a lot of the original creators aren't around. 

I love the original game. I've got it on 2 platforms, 360 and ps3. And I plan on getting the plat on ps3 and ps4. It's one of my favorites from my childhood. The problem is that it never needed sequels or continuation. Infinite is good, but it didn't need to be BioShock, and I think that connection tarnishes it in the end. The DLC was also unnecessary, as I don't think we ever needed to see Rapture before its ruin. I fear the same will happen with this new game if it goes through and ends up being a "BioShock" game. Unnecessarily connected to a game it will never live up to. 

The Burial at Sea DLC was fun but it was so unnecessary and it ruins both Infinites AND the originals story. I don't know what Ken was thinking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Infinite > 1 >>> 2 (Minerva's Den was way better)

Don't @ me

@Stan Lee, I just @ you lol 

But yes, I agree. I think they realized they messed up 2 so royally that hey wanted to go a different direction in Infinite, and it worked. Far superior than the first two, IMO. So I'd look forward to what a 4th game could bring. Especially since they have infinite multi-verses to choose from.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

I feel like I heard about this years ago, but apparently it was only revealed in 2019. Its been over 7 years since a new BioShock, so I think I'll save myself the disappointment, and just expect it to be released on PS6.

I also wonder if it'll have the same charm without Levine's weird ideas.

On 8/12/2020 at 5:19 AM, Sir_Bee said:

This may be the wrong place to ask, but why do so many people dislike Infinite? I really enjoyed it, much more than 2 in fact.

After recently replaying the entire series over again on PS4, I agree. Infinite was a lot better than I initially thought it was when it launched on PS3. I used to prefer Bio 2, but my tastes changed, I suppose.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2020 at 0:48 PM, Martain2 said:

If it does happen hopefully it's more like BioShock1/2 and less like Infinite.

I loved B1, wasn't overly keen on B2 but not because it was an awful game, I just didn't rate it as high as he original. But Infinite for me was an epic game. But its style to me meant once the story was done, that was it for that style. Time to get back to the creepy gorgeous style of the original me thinks. 

On 12-8-2020 at 2:19 PM, Sir_Bee said:

This may be the wrong place to ask, but why do so many people dislike Infinite?  I really enjoyed it, much more than 2 in fact.  I am excited about a new world and a new Bioshock game.

I think a lot of people are harsh with Infinite because the game could’ve been much better. They had shown gameplay before release and we got a product that was far less spectacular to the eye.

I mean... I like the game nonetheless. That reminds me of the Anthem backlash, “it could’ve been that and we got garbage”... I still liked it, lol. But its true that they shouldn’t give us a product that wasn’t promised.

On 8/12/2020 at 2:38 PM, Martain2 said:

tenor.gif

Haha I've been a wanting a Bioshock in space since Infinite. You already have a city in the clouds why not go all the way! 

But seriously. I love this series and all the 3 games. They're each incredibly unique, fun, ambitious and different from one another. Infinite is an awesome game with some cool ideas. I love parallel worlds and you could do some interesting things with that concept. So I hope they don't do a full reboot which is a terrible idea. You have already wonderful foundation just continue to built from there and do something entirely new. Take chances and gives us entirely new and immersive world to explore just like Rapture and Columbia. Shouldn't be too difficult ?

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 7:00 PM, Willreaper41 said:

4? What the hell happened to 3? Also, what does it mean by new and fantastic world. We've been under the sea and in the sky, where else can we go?

Underground

I loved B1 and B2 (not bananas in pyjamas btw!) But BI didn't hit the same highs. Like it was good but not great.

Also. Burial at Sea sort of messed up the story quite a bit in my opinion. It's gonna take some strong writing and, lets be honest some retconning im assuming, to sort it out.

I dont think its an impossible job though and i look forward to plasmid based ass kickery asap. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

BioShock 4 may have a dialogue system similar to Fallout and more open-ended level design

A spate of job listings for BioShock 4 may point to a Fallout-esque dialogue system and a more open-world design, according to a ResetEra post. 

https://www.gamesradar.com/bioshock-4-may-have-a-dialogue-system-similar-to-fallout-and-more-open-ended-level-design/

• 5 months later...