Atomic Heart: Annihilation Instinct DLC (August 2, 2023)

ziggypossum

Atomic Heart gameplay trailer features a mini-boss fight and Mick Gordon

Very broadly, it looks like a Soviet BioShock, all gorgeous and weird and a little experimental and really ambitious, and that can be a lot of fun but it can also go wrong in all sorts of different ways. At the very least you can expect significant levels of jank.

https://www.pcgamer.com/atomic-heart-gameplay-trailer-features-a-mini-boss-fight-and-mick-gordon/

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This new Gameplay trailer flew completely under my radar.

It always looked too good to be true. But now even Mick 'frickn' Gordon is on board. I cannot wait to see how the game actually will be on next gen, fingers crossed.

BlyatShock :D 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

https://mundfish.com

Atomic Heart ‘Photo Mode’ trailer, screenshots

Latest look at the upcoming first-person shooter.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/atomic-heart-photo-mode-trailer-screenshots

Atomic-Heart_2021_03-22-21_001.jpg

Atomic-Heart_2021_03-22-21_003.jpg

Atomic-Heart_2021_03-22-21_004.jpg

Atomic-Heart_2021_03-22-21_005.jpg

Atomic-Heart_2021_03-22-21_007.jpg

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Atomic Heart: Release Window Revealed + New Developer Q&A

The story – and launch window – behind this mysterious FPS gets a bit clearer.

Atomic Heart, the mysterious first-person shooter from developer Mundfish that's vaguely reminiscent of BioShock (in a good way), has cheekily revealed its release window.

At the end of the new trailer (watch it above), the release window is revealed to be sometime in the final four months of 2022, as the trailer reveals "#######ber 2022," thus narrowing it to September, October, November, or December (and perhaps giving the Mundfish team some wiggle room if they're aiming for one of those earlier "-mber" months and end up needing to polish the game a bit longer).

Whenever it drops, Atomic Heart will be available on PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.

We also asked a few questions of the Russia-based Mundfish team via email.

IGN: How did Atomic Heart begin? It has been such a pleasant surprise, and Mundfish (respectfully) is not yet a name that most gamers already know.

Mundfish: The project began in early 2017. Back then, we wanted to test the waters of the VR market, started with a small project, and released it. But as the studio grew, the ambitions have also gone bigger. A year after, we realized that we had gathered an extremely talented team that was brought together by a single idea – to create a big, awesome, story-driven game. That's how it all started. When the first trailer in 2018 has gone viral, we finally understood that we have something truly special on our hands, which motivated us to give it all to this project.

IGN: What have been your inspirations for Atomic Heart? It seems to remind many folks of BioShock (in a very good way).

Mundfish: First of all, we've drawn inspiration from the Soviet sci-fi and the space discovery era in the USSR. Stanislaw Lem, Arkady and Boris Strugatsky, science fiction magazine 'Tekhnika Molodezhi' – the '50s–'60s era – it is the golden age in science, arts, architecture. We at Mundfish are huge fans of science fiction and we wanted to show this world in such a way that you would start wondering – this could all turn out to be true if the history went in a different direction. If all these Soviet robots were really created in the 50s, all the technology that resembles the early Internet – this could be interesting if one of the key global superpowers pulled ahead instead of the other during the Cold War. 'Atomic Heart' has several meanings, and it's not only the machine core. It's not only about the scientific leap. It's also about the competition between the USSR and the United States at that time. But we won't say anything more than that for now!

IGN: What performance levels are you targeting on the PS5 and Xbox Series X?

Mundfish: Atomic Heart is an action-packed, dynamic shooter — so we're targeting Dynamic 4K for current-gen. This is the way the game is meant to be played.

IGN: Will Atomic Heart support ray-tracing on PC and/or the new consoles?

Mundfish: We're working on implementing ray-tracing on as many platforms as possible.

https://www.ign.com/articles/atomic-heart-release-window-new-developer-q-and-a

On 09/02/2022 at 8:48 PM, avixro said:

FINALLY some news about this game.

My sentiments exactly.

First read about this game nearly two years ago in PSM(at the time I think they were saying it would be released in like 6 months), and then it seemed like it disappeared off the face of the planet. Really keen to see what this game becomes. Thanks for creating the update thread. Will watch with a keen eye.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Atomic Heart’s Combat Looks Buck Wild In Latest Gamescom 2022 Trailer

The utopian dream is not what it seems.

A new trailer for Atomic Heart has been shown as part of the Xbox Gamescom live stream, and it’s almost four whole minutes of incredibly wild combat antics.

Looking like a BioShock that’s drunk several strong coffees and a Red Bull, the combat in Atomic Heart seems relentless. We’re shown numerous encounters, all of which are fought using a mix of supernatural powers, guns, and melee weapons. What’s notable is how fluidly these three elements are chained together, with the player using a telekinetic attack to slam enemies up and down before finishing them off with brutal axe chops or bursts of machine gun fire.

Among the powers showcased are the aforementioned telekinesis (which seems to work much like Half-Life 2’s gravity gun), a freeze ray, a water jet, and bolts of electricity. These are fired from a device in the left hand, which also seems capable of jacking into enemy robots, perhaps for some kind of hacking. In the right hand are regular weapons, including pistols, assault rifles, axes, and knives, all of which look weirder than the last. Developer Mundfish is definitely going out of its way to ensure guns don’t just look like regular guns.

Interspaced between the bursts of high-adrenaline combat is a weirder sequence involving two robots, one of which grows a unicorn horn and stabs the other in the abdomen. Later, they unfold two items that look kind of like keys. I’ve no idea what is going on here, but I can’t wait to find out.

For more from Atomic Heart, check out the previous trailer and our Q&A with the developers, as well as how the game’s ending will be dictated by a moral choice. It will feature an impressive photo mode, and can be played from launch via Xbox Game Pass. It's coming to PlayStation, Xbox, and PC, but a release date has yet to be announced.

https://www.ign.com/articles/atomic-hearts-combat-looks-buck-wild-in-latest-gamescom-2022-trailer

Edited by ziggypossum
rip & tear
  • Like 3

Mundfisch might actually pull it off and deliver on what at first glance seemed too good to be true. I really, really hope this turns out great, everything I've seen so far just stands out and is so not your typical gaming setting.

Also their choice of music is just beautiful.

please be good

Edited by Mori
  • Like 2

I....I...don't know if I like what I saw or not. Graphically it looks awesome...but I'm kinda confused by whats going on. Also why the dialogue and the character speaking doesn't sync up, was off putting too. I guess I'll see how this unfolds. 

32 minutes ago, Viper said:

I....I...don't know if I like what I saw or not. Graphically it looks awesome...but I'm kinda confused by whats going on. Also why the dialogue and the character speaking doesn't sync up, was off putting too. I guess I'll see how this unfolds. 

This just might be because its synced up with russian localization which I'd actually prefer. Games like Sekiro and Metro proved to me that is is usually best to use the language the developers intended for their game.

The fact that nothing is really clear on whats going on makes this game so much more intriguing imo. I dont really know how to phrase it without coming off "strange", but Russia or Soviet Union and everything that comes/came from it is pretty foreign to me but that makes it so interesting I think. It is a bit like Japanese games and how they feel kind of different than western games in a sense.

Anyway, fingers crossed. I'm definitely hoping for the best here. Also because Bioshock is one of my favourite franchises and this clearly has some resemblance to it.

Edited by Mori

58 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

im pretty sure this game wont have a platinum, so i'll stick to pc version probably, if its on gamepass

pretty sure it will be on gamepass but not sure if day 1.

what makes you think it wont have a platinum??

Edited by Teh_Zombz