G.I. Joe: Operation Blackout

It seems there is a G.I. Joe game coming to current gen consoles and next gen. At least the Xbox covers confirms next gen.

I was a huge G.I. Joe fan as a kid. I had the toys, watched the show and read the comics. I never played the PS3 game. If this is indeed decent I would be interested in it.

https://gamerant.com/gi-joe-operation-blackout-leaks-switch-ps4-xbox-one/

Edited by snakebit10
Added Trailer.
  • Like 4

Now THIS...can get me excited for next gen!  ?

If done right, of course...?

Edit: Wait a minute, just saw the box art.  So...Duke is a ‘secondary’/background character now in the G.I. Joe universe, is that right?  Hmm.  I think I’ll wait for more info on this...?

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar/Punctuation

• 3 weeks later...

dQoIT7w.jpg

G.I. Joe: Operation Blackout is a new team-based third-person shooter, and it's coming to PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One on October 13.

Allowing you to play as 12 characters across Team Joe and Team Cobra, the game will feature an 18-mission campaign in single-player or local spliut-screen co-op and a variety of PvP multiplayer modes.

The campaign will be an original story based on 80s comics, taking you to Cobra Headquarters and the U.S.S. Flagg. Multiplayer will include Capture the Flag, Assault and King of the Hill modes.

The game seems to be taking something of a hero shooter template, with characters each coming with unique powers, but customisable weapons and looks. Confirmed playable characters include Duke, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, Destro, Roadblock, and Storm Shadow.

https://www.ign.com/articles/gi-joe-operation-black-out-release-date-ps4-nintendo-switch-xbox-one-pc

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs

Im not too familiar with G.I. Joe, but this game looks to me like a budget title to try and cash in on nostalgia. It looks to me like a PS3 borderlands ripoff, using an established franchise to sell copies.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hope there are different skins. Tiger Force Roadblock and Ninja Force Storm Shadow were pretty dope.

On 17-8-2020 at 7:33 PM, Ric said:

Im not too familiar with G.I. Joe, but this game looks to me like a budget title to try and cash in on nostalgia.

A while back I read they're working on a new movie. It's probably to get people excited for that.

Edit: Didn't realise this was an old thread and that this game is out already.

Edited by HellcoreFire