Any Yakuza Fans?!

ShadowFan

yakuza.jpg

Hey just wanting to know if there are any Fans of the Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku series? 

Just wanted to set up a topic to discuss probably Sega's Best Franchise. Yakuza 3 and 4 and Dead Souls are all available on the PS3. 5 is still a Japanese only as is the HD collection. Not sure on Ishin.

So yeah, any of the fans of this series on here?Oh and if anyone plays on PSN; I'm ShadowYakuza99

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm a huge Yakuza fan. I have Y1 and Y2 on PS2 both 100%. Also have ultra rare Yakuza 3 platinum, but don't have Yakuza 4 platinum which is a LOT easier than Y3 lol. Still working on it. I have Yakuza Dead Souls but I didn't have any chance to play it yet. Hoping for Yakuza 5 and Yakuza 1&2 HD Collection to come in EU and NA. SEGA I'm still waiting... :shakefist: Btw I'll add you tomorrow or you add me: Dark_Prince_01 :highfive:

Edited by Amonares

I had the second game on my PS2 and really enjoyed it but never managed to finish it because I only picked it up shortly before switching over to PS3. I thought about getting the third game but when I heard they cut some content for the western version. After that it fell off my radar, I'm actually surprised I never heard until now there was a fourth title the series doesn't seem to be well marketed over here. That HD collection sounds real appealing for me to play the first game and finally finish the second game, hope they decide to release it here eventually.

Right here!

Hey ^^ I love these games too :D Working on Yakuza 4's plat right now, great game, the mini games aare really hard tho But it pains me when i realize that Yakuza 5 will probably never be translated :'(And the Yakuza Ishin for PS3&4 looks really amazing too !

I am going to buy Yakuza 5 and play using this ;)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/yimbocarimbo/RGG/Games/RGG5/index.htm

• Like 2

Right here!

I am going to buy Yakuza 5 and play using this ;)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/yimbocarimbo/RGG/Games/RGG5/index.htm

Holy crap, that's an AMAZING site! I'll definitely use the for when I play Yakuza 5.  I just wish it had similar stuff for Kenzan...though I guess it might get uploaded, the stuff that's there didn't even exist when I came across this site last.

By the way, I have Yakuza Kenzan, Yakuza 5, the two Yakuza PSP games, and Yakuza HD collection imported.  That and I have Yakuza 1 and 2 for PS2, and 3, 4, and Dead Souls for PS3. So yeah, I'm a pretty big Yakuza fan.  It's in competition with Sonic as my favorite Sega IP, though I wish the newer games were localized...all my hopes are pinned on the Sony Third Party program thing that is getting us Borderlands 2 on Vita.  I guess that old Rainfall poll might be good for something too...Yakuza 5 won by nearly 3000 votes, so people obviously want it.

• Like 1

I like how the original post was in September and all the rest are from the last 24 hours or so, lol.

Yakuza is my favorite all time series, rivaled only by Metal Gear and Fallout. I didn't actually get into it until 3 had just come out and I asked a guy at Gamestop, of all places, about it. I played the demo and was hooked, so I went back, bought it, and then found copies of 1&2 on Amazon and ended up binge playing them for the most part. I've been contemplating importing the HD Collection for a while, especially with the guides by ThePatrick over on GameFAQs to handhold me, and I kind of want to import the missing PSP and PS3 games just to have them anyway, but I haven't mustered the will to yet.

I joined the series with number 3 and absolutely loved it. I then bought number 4 and Dead Souls, although I haven't played Dead Souls yet. I still hold out hope that the HD collection of 1 & 2 and number 5 will be released here as I would love to add them to my collection.

Wow people actually responding :P 

I've played through the English : Yakuza 3, 4 and dead souls. Just imported HD collection, 5 and 3. I too hope 5 is translated as with the HD collections.

Gotta say best soundtrack for me so far has been Yakuza 4, gotta love the kick ass For Faith.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I like it. But more by accident.

Got Yakuza 3 used at my local retailer and I quite enjoyed it. Though it took me a very long time to actually beat it, because I'm not that familiar with RPG's.

Next was Dead Souls, which I enjoyed even more, despite the broken gunplay. Might even go back to finish Dead Souls Mode and play Premium Adventure on Extra Hard. Too bad about those QTE's. They are really hard to pull off on DS.

And now I finally got a copy of Yakuza 4, which I'm playing right now. Still early on in the story.

Oh yeah, favorite character? Goro Majima.

big yakuza fan and when yakuza 3 came out i quickly bought it so i could kick some japanese butt- kazuma kiryu style!... one of the best parts of the game for me was completin all the fun side missions, the chase music was brilliant too lol its a shame that all yakuza games (especially yakuza 3, 4 and 5) have clunky controls, really dated graphics and boxed in locations but they would'nt be yakuza games if they didnt as its part of the charm...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Big fan of the series here as well. I actually bought the first game on PS2 quite randomly and immediately fell in love with it. Then I bought a copy of 2 which was great also, but for some reason always sticked with the first game. A year after that I bought a 360 and not up till less then a year ago I bought a PS3. Luckily enough I found both 3 and 4 pre-owned in my local store and ended up being 2 of my first games. Then just last month I bought myself Dead Souls as well. :)

One of the big reasons why I love the series is mostly for it's story and tons of side missions and apart from that, Kamorucho is one stunning place to roam around and not to mention the amount of life it has compared to some open-world games.

• 3 weeks later...

HELL YEAH!

Big fan of the series here as well. I actually bought the first game on PS2 quite randomly and immediately fell in love with it. Then I bought a copy of 2 which was great also, but for some reason always sticked with the first game. A year after that I bought a 360 and not up till less then a year ago I bought a PS3. Luckily enough I found both 3 and 4 pre-owned in my local store and ended up being 2 of my first games. Then just last month I bought myself Dead Souls as well. :)

One of the big reasons why I love the series is mostly for it's story and tons of side missions and apart from that, Kamorucho is one stunning place to roam around and not to mention the amount of life it has compared to some open-world games.

Is the guy in your avatar a slicked-up Kiryu? He kind of looks like that.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...