Plot Point I Don't Understand [Spoilers]

So as someone who has the platinum for this game twice, I still have yet to understand why Price has that one line of dialogue that ends the mission Contingency. You can find the clip in the video below, at 15:04: 

Spoiler

Is this meant to trick the player into thinking he'd been brainwashed or something during his time in The Gulag? It's never mentioned again, and Price/Soap end up together again technically starting in Loose Ends, or playable in Enemy of My Enemy.

Anyone have clarification on this?

If it’s to do with Price allowing the nuke to launch,  I believe its part of his secret plan to help the Americans.  He changes the nuke to detonate in the atmosphere so the EMP will cripple the Russians forces.

I don’t  think any of that is actually explained in the game though so it’s either; A, a key part of the plot got cut from the game and they never bothered to rewrite the story, or B,  the story is about as well written as a Michael Bay movie and they expected you to forget about it as soon as it happened.

Edited by TripleKing333
  • Like 2

I think the biggest fuck up of the campaign is when they rescue Price from the Gulag.

It makes zero sense that they would hand him a gun and carry on like nothing had happened. No questions about why he was there, how long he had been there like literally nothing.

Half the team doesn't even know who the fuck he is.

I'm pretty sure it's not even talked about during the cutscenes afterwards ?

• Like 3

Theres a mini film called operation Kingfisher which explains why Price is in the Gulag, basicly he survived MW1 and during a mission in the operation kingfisher he got caught. Pretty sure Price actually personally fired the nuke, and because it detonated in the high atmosphere only the emp effect actually had any effect.

Edited by LoneGuitarist
wanted to add to the post
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, LoneGuitarist said:

Theres a mini film called operation Kingfisher which explains why Price is in the Gulag, basicly he survived MW1 and during a mission in the operation kingfisher he got caught. Pretty sure Price actually personally fired the nuke, and because it detonated in the high atmosphere only the emp effect actually had any effect.

I'll have to give that a watch at some point!

I have also been wondering, but at another mission:

when you need to protect the honey badger, at the end of the mission, your squad gets the task to look for a person in his panic room. right before the panic room is a dead (Russian?) guy with tattoos on his neck. I assume this guy also joined you killing civilians at the Moscow airport before. Think his name was Vic.Is that correct?

I don't get the whole panic room scene, the order came from Shepard... so?

Edited by AjoBoB
  • Like 1

I have played through this game at least five times on different consoles and difficulties. I have never paid any real attention to the story.

The rocket launching from the sub looks cool and I enjoy killing the hundreds of plainclothes KGB agents in the airport every time. That will teach those f'king commies!

That's all I know.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AjoBoB said:

I have also been wondering, but at another mission:

when you need to protect the honey badger, at the end of the mission, your squad gets the task to look for a person in his panic room. right before the panic room is a dead (Russian?) guy with tattoos on his neck. I assume this guy also joined you killing civilians at the Moscow airport before. Think his name was Vic.Is that correct?

I don't get the whole panic room scene, the order came from Shepard... so?

I'm not sure if that guy is the same guy, but saying it is, I think Shepherd needed the intel the guy had, and since he was working with and against Makarov, maybe he knew that Makarov's man was downed, and redirected Alpha Squad to retrieve it instead.

• 2 weeks later...

In the loading screen i think for contingency price explains how to end the war with a bigger bang. Shepard brushes him off cuz he needs the war. Then price goes on and cuts off the call when he doesn't hear what he wants to hear. That is the best explanation i know of for the original question on why price launches the missle.

On 02/09/2020 at 9:38 PM, nrgjak said:

Go tell that to the the guys on the ISS. 1f62c.pngThat was a 150 billion dollar damage.

In the grand scheme of things what does the ISS actually do, and anyway it was a small number of lives lost and a floating bit of metal compared to the whole sale loss of life happening down on earth not to mention the mess made of D.C. and possibly other cities due to the russians attacks.