Is the infailible trophy exploit patched

rayjenjoeryry_jr

1 minute ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

In my opinion, Royal Fumble and Fall Mountain are the easiest to quit out of and be safe. Fall Mountain you can just quit if anyone makes it past the hammer before you. Royal Fumble you can quit if you don't have a clear space between the remaining players at the end. 

Jump Showdown isn't too hard, but you have no time to quit at all if you mess up. Same with Hex-A-Gone. 

It really depends on what finale you do best on and what you feel is best for you. 

Thank you for replying! I'll use that for Fall Mountain and the Royal Fumble showdown, quit if I don't have a decent lead. Thank you! I'm best at Hex-A-Gon but will quit if there are too many players or not a clear path.

I'll quit the new one instantly. Thank you!! Hoping to get this trophy done this weekend. Ended my night with one win. 

Just now, MikeCheck-- said:

@Erkawest So quit Fall Mountain? Right away or see if I can get lucky

Tips on Royal Fumble? Seems to be tough. Quit the new one for sure and Hex-A-Gon is a quit too or nah? Thanks :)

I would quit Fall Mountain. I was doing flawless runs and being #1 all the way up only for the crown to float up, making me wait 2-3 seconds until it came down and some other players caught up. Then it's a huge gamble on who will get the crown... Not worth risking imo.

If you have the tail, run along the edges of the map and keep climbing up on the slopes. Many times I just jumped back down again and continued along the sides after climbing up since people were trying to climb up or cut you off from the middle. Try to be unpredictable, if you go up on a slope and see people running towards you, jump down in their direction and run away the way they came from

• Like 1

Just now, MikeCheck-- said:

Tips on Royal Fumble? Seems to be tough. Quit the new one for sure and Hex-A-Gon is a quit too or nah? Thanks :)

Royal Fumble don't chase the guy too much, try to go around him and catch him off guard. If you don't have the tail or are surrounded by the 6 second mark QUIT IMMEDIATELY 

8 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

You should try Fall Mountain and not quit right away.

Sometimes ppl have terrible luck at it and you can be the only one not taking any ball, and so being safe to take the crown

If you see you are not alone in the last line (check both sides !) then its safer to leave ^^

1.) Gotcha. I think on Fall Mountain I'll quit if others are in front on the hammers / not alone if at the front

2.) Royal Fumble - quit if others are near with six seconds

3.) Hex-A-Gon I'll quit if I'm on the second to last platform and others are above me / not confident

4.) Quit the new one instantly!

Thanks all!!

Edited by MikeCheck--

I'd say Fall Mountain is one of the easier one to quit on, but after breaking my streak again because someone got to the crown from the other side but with so little advantage that I hadn't even seen him until it was too late, I'm not really sure. I'd say check both lanes when you get to the hammers, and decide quickly.

I can actually quit fairly safely on Hexagone, while I always leave Royal Fumble instantly because really, losing at the last second happens way too often. As for Jump Showdown, I'd just suggest choosing an "isolated"  zone and staying there: if you're lucky, the opponents' areas will just fall before yours, while if you see yours shaking, you should have all the time to quit.

20 minutes ago, diogoarez said:

Don't get me wrong I still get an average of 5 a day, but it's getting brutal especially on Hex-a-Gone where everyone has learnt the ins and outs

True! Hex-a-Gone was my strong final round but just in the last day or two I’ve noticed it’s way harder due to people playing more aggressive and all using the same strategies.

So I normally play on my standard ps4. I get to the finals lots but on fall mountain for example I am always at the back. Sometimes 3rd row so get pipped to the crown most of the time. Been playing on the pro and I was 1st in the row. Won extremely easily. I have never been at the front and I am level 40. Coincidence or no? This trophy might be in reach after all if not. 

* so in the 1st row for the 2nd final too. Guess il be stealing the pro for awhile ?

Edited by Miss_Valkyria

12 minutes ago, theaface said:

Fuck, I don’t get this at all. Quit Fall Mountain comfortably before someone got the crown and kudos got added anyway. 3 streak lost. Gutted.

Same thing happened to me, but on Tip Toe. Need somebody to confirm if streak still goes on even if you're gaining kudos / xp.

12 minutes ago, Miss_Valkyria said:

So I normally play on my standard ps4. I get to the finals lots but on fall mountain for example I am always at the back. Sometimes 3rd row so get pipped to the crown most of the time. Been playing on the pro and I was 1st in the row. Won extremely easily. I have never been at the front and I am level 40. Coincidence or no? This trophy might be in reach after all if not. 

If I remember correctly when I played on my partners account (on Pro) it put her in front row, however when she played (base ps4) she was usually back row. 

9 minutes ago, PeachXHime said:

Same thing happened to me, but on Tip Toe. Need somebody to confirm if streak still goes on even if you're gaining kudos / xp.

It isn't, as soon as you gain kudos it's game over that's why I'm so pissed

But fuck looking back on all my streaks I just get pissed, at this point I deserve this trophy just for the consistency of getting so many wins 

You’d think at this point the Devs would just change this trophy given it’s been completely invalidated via this method. Their whole purpose it behind was to be a challenge. Well it’s not much of a challenge anymore it seems.

Dont get me wrong I’ll 100% be doing this same exact thing when I wake up later but it seems silly to keep a frustrating trophy in place when this has happened. (Basically for the people that don’t get this done before they fix it).

Edited by Skurkitty

1 minute ago, Skurkitty said:

You’d think at this point the Devs would just change this trophy given it’s been completely invalidated via this method. Their whole purpose it behind was to be a challenge. Well it’s not much of a challenge anymore it seems.

Dont get me wrong I’ll 100% be doing this same exact thing when I wake up later but it seems silly to keep a frustrating trophy in place when this has happened. (Basically for the people that don’t get this done before they fix it).

Even with the method it's ungodly hard, I've lost my streak 3 times using it and 2 times legit 

Guys when do you think they'll fix it? Do I stand a chance? 

15 hours ago, Linkinito said:

To be 100% honest, I have nothing against hard trophies as long as they require skill and that feat can be repeated reliably with good strategies.

However, designing a trophy where the sole purpose is to say "it will be so hard nobody will obtain it anyway" is plain stupidity and trolling. And the fact that they considered bumping it to 10 wins in a row just shows they clearly wanted to annoy trophy hunters.

If you look on Twitch, you won't find a streamer that will reliably get 5 wins in a row, and if you find one, he's probably the only one and he might have a team helping him. 

The game has so much random elements into it, alongside physics, that anything can happen - if you can find reliable strats to qualify in like 80% of the challenges, there's still those 20% where you can do your part but the game will screw you over due to bad teammates or sending fruits or balls inside your head repeatedly.

So I'm glad that a cheese strat was found, because even if it requires skill as you have to win 5 games without being "eliminated" once (by the quitting method), it removes a large part of the randomness but keeps the skill into it. That method shows that this trophy wasn't tested properly and if there's an exploit, trophy hunters will always use it to their advantage as long as they can. It's up to the devs to see if everything is working properly.

And don't get me wrong: I love this game. It's just purely regrettable that they had to resort to a lame way of making a trophy list from "accessible" to "near impossible". And when the exploit will be fixed, I think the best way to show the devs their mistake is to put them to the test and give a proof their "fixed" trophy is possible in normal playing conditions, and not in a controlled environment like their studios. 

i found this korean streamer playing so good on Twitch, and he already got the trophy

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdbloodedPrettiestDragonflyJonCarnage

Just now, ThatMuttGuy said:

I'd assume it will be sometime next week that they fix it. But no one truly can know. 

Really hope it's after I get it, I've gotten so unlucky 

There should be a way to get finals with more people, sometimes certain rounds are time wasters 

Playing on Pro makes a huge difference, that's so stupid how they made base ps4 run at 30fps while Pro gets 60fps, it's such a major advantage to have a more responsive game.

I don't feel like I'm getting better at this game, I reached the finals more than 20 times and won just once on the spin jump one, it was a few minutes after the update so everybody were noobs there.

I even messed my 1 "streak" by being over-confident.

Guess the best thing right now is just to reach lv40 and abandon this useless attempt.

The game is decent but in a week or so people have already dominated most of the challenges, this is the biggest issue this game will face for building a community that lasts.

And of course, this 5 wins in a row trophy is poorly designed, but I don't want to complain too much about it, it'd be better if we had a much more enticing trophy in its place, but as this bullshit made it to the final trophy list, just assume you'll never get it or git gud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Most of my wins came from Hex-A-Gon and I’d normally try to quit out once I reached the 2nd to last floor. I would almost never attempt playing on the last floor as I’ve lost a few streaks there. Finally managed to pop the trophy this morning on the new jump final which is very easy to win right now. Best of luck!