Is the infailible trophy exploit patched

rayjenjoeryry_jr

7 minutes ago, DarkBahamutZero said:

None, you just quit it.

Or if you're like me and like to live dangerously, stay away from the other people and pray their platform falls before yours. If it doesn't and yours start shaking, quickly quit.

Also, imho this is still at least a 7/10 even with the exploit. Sure it's not Super Meat Boy, but that's not saying much (heck, if we consider the individual trophies, Golden God on SMB is FAR easier than this. Those "XBoy" trophies, on the other hand...).

I can barely win anymore (my streak is at a marvelous... 1), 8/10 times i don't even get to play the final either because of team games or in some cases because of bad luck/paranoia (mostly looking at you, Tip Toe).

Pure stupidity if that's the case. It can't be full RNG. It is not feasible to stay away from people anyway. I won't brag much about camera angles and ragdolling but I don't really get what to do when your platform is a goner, you have very few secs to quit and there is no way to secure the round. Absolute bs.

To be honest, the only team games that I dread are Jinx and Team Tail Tag.

Jinxed because it can go down to the wire, it's extremely chaotic and you can go from 5-1 to 0-1 in an instant.

Team Tail Tag for the same reason, but also, when you have a tail, there's nothing else you can do to help your teammates get one without putting your own tail at risk.

For the others:

- Don't push in Rock n' Roll, just go ahead and stop the first ball you see falling for an opposite team for long enough, or prevent any opponent to stay in the way of your team.
- In Fall Ball, don't play defense - play anti-defense (unless there's no defender, in that case play defense). Just camp in their side and hug the shit out of your opponents so they can't position themselves.

- For Egg Scramble, once the pool of eggs have been depleted, stay in your own pool and hug anyone that tries to steal. Better: as long as you carry an egg, opponents can't steal it unless they hug you for a full second. So grab and protect the golden eggs in your pool at all costs.

- Hoarders has one strategy: play on your big hill and stop anyone who tries to get your balls off your area through the sides. If you play offense, hug the shit out of the players who are defending the same way.

- In Hoopsie Daisy, stay in the same area and watch all around you. It's maybe the most individual team round of all, but the most vigilant players can carry their team. Look for the golden rings.

However that doesn't help when your team is blatantly incompetent or doesn't defend at all while failing in offense.

Edited by Linkinito
  • Like 1

Yeah its simply too difficult to win right now. Last week i could win at royal fumble quite easily but now most people seems to be on crack, catching up to me really fast, jumping across the map and grabing my tail in the air.                                                   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Realtione said:

Pure stupidity if that's the case. It can't be full RNG. It is not feasible to stay away from people anyway. I won't brag much about camera angles and ragdolling but I don't really get what to do when your platform is a goner, you have very few secs to quit and there is no way to secure the round. Absolute bs.

Dunno if it's pure rng or not because I have only played it 3 times or so, but it's the only thing I can do besides simply praying for the opponents to make a dumb mistake. Otherwise, until someone see a pattern just leave it immediately. The game itself isn't that hard, you can even actually jump from one platform to another by using the inner corners (did it when I had nothing to lose), but imho it's waaaay too risky to attempt normally when you're trying this exploit, and it might be even worse if there's few players.

Edited by DarkBahamutZero
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

I got a 5 win streak without quitting and didn't get the trophy.

FUCK THIS GAME

Not wasting any more time on this shit.

What ? could it be that you only did 4?

On a side note: platinum secured for me!

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 1

I must've played over 1000 games total with various streaks lost due to server issues, lag, toxic players etc 

Luckily managed to get it today, even with quitting it's complete luck! I sincerely hope they change this for future players, I heard they were going to add squad wins eventually. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

I can't wait to get this trophy, although I love a challenge and haven't really gone for it I'm going to tonight :) 

Once done I'll keep playing, love the game.

Same here, hopefully we get it today 

Slime Climb has become almost impossible for me under pressure, I'm struggling in things I could easily pass yesterday 

Just blew my streak on the new jump final. I think the only finals I'll stick around for are fall mountain and maybe tail grab as I feel safer with those! (Does quitting out of tail grab with the tail still work as a win?)

Good luck everyone :) hopefully I'll get it soon 

Just now, mattfry94 said:

Just blew my streak on the new jump final. I think the only finals I'll stick around for are fall mountain and maybe tail grab as I feel safer with those! (Does quitting out of tail grab with the tail still work as a win?)

Good luck everyone :) hopefully I'll get it soon 

Nope I don't think so, tried it and nothing happened to the kudos

• Like 1

I just got it too. (EU) Started out on a regular PS4 barely winning because of the starting position and input lag. Played on my brothers Pro.

Always kept track of current Kudos after every win (in case I had to dodge and see if they stayed the same).

Instantly dodged:

- Perfect Match

- Jinxed

- Team Tail Tag

- Slime Climb

- Jump Showdown

3 Fall Mountains, 2 Hexagones. I only got Royal Fumble once before.

Edited by PatrickEsteban
  • Like 2

Finally got the trophy too, you guys still have at least a week to get it so don't stress yourself out. If you can win 1 game you can get the trophy.

The only game mode I quit instantly was the new gold spinner finale - it's complete luck whether the two beams come at you at the same time or not. Fuck that.

Other game modes, especially team ones and fall mountain finale, I quit with 10 seconds left at the very latest, even if my team could still win. If your on a streak, always quit if it comes down to the wire. On fall mountain, if there's ANYONE at the top with you, QUIT or you may lose your streak.

I only needed 5 because I quit early each time, if you quit late, your kudos may not go up but you may need another win or two. I won 3 hex-a-gone and 2 fall mountains.

Good luck, you can do it!

Edited by StrangeGuy_3000
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

Sorry, I'm kind of out-of-the-loop. How do you do this exploit? Just quit the game before you're about to lose?

Options button > Leave show  (Before Eliminated)

btw: server disconnection Doesn't count as a lose