Is the infailible trophy exploit patched

rayjenjoeryry_jr

Just now, StrangeGuy_3000 said:

Your fine, I got the trophy after having to close app due to the game freezing.

2 minutes ago, Glebid said:

No, it's ok.

Thanks for the information guys, lost my streak to a stupid team match now but still, good to know for future runs. 

Maybe I should skip all team matches right away, can't count the amount of times they f'cked up my streak...

4 minutes ago, superlavar0013 said:

Thanks for the information guys, lost my streak to a stupid team match now but still, good to know for future runs. 

Maybe I should skip all team matches right away, can't count the amount of times they f'cked up my streak...

Skip all team matches right away looks like you will never end a game no ? 

You always have at least one team game for reaching the final no ?

3 hours ago, mattfry94 said:

Just blew my streak on the new jump final. I think the only finals I'll stick around for are fall mountain and maybe tail grab as I feel safer with those! (Does quitting out of tail grab with the tail still work as a win?)

Good luck everyone :) hopefully I'll get it soon 

It never did. I was mistaken in believing that it did when I posted that theory in the other thread. Sorry.

Edited by SilvexSensei
clarification to what I was responding to specifically

2 hours ago, PatrickEsteban said:

I just got it too. (EU) Started out on a regular PS4 barely winning because of the starting position and input lag. Played on my brothers Pro.

Always kept track of current Kudos after every win (in case I had to dodge and see if they stayed the same).

Instantly dodged:

- Perfect Match

- Jinxed

- Team Tail Tag

- Slime Climb

- Jump Showdown

3 Fall Mountains, 2 Hexagones. I only got Royal Fumble once before.

Funny, I dodged Roll Out but not Slime Climb, since the risk vs reward is so great, and if you have some practice it becomes reliable to complete.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lil-Gocee said:

Can anyone confirm whether closing the app works the same as leaving the show? During the final rounds (especially hex-a-gone) I can't seem to leave the show quick enough.

Closing app doesn't work, it must be leave through menu. That said, you can practice getting faster with the motion during volatile games that you may not want to play like Team Tail Tag, Jinxed, etc. Let stick return to neutral, press Options, tap Up, mash X. For Hex-A-Gone, be ready to abandon sooner rather than later. If you have an unfortunate fall early(several floors or something) and there's people way above you, might be best to quit early if you don't have confidence in it.

In my case, most of my wins tend to be Hex-A-Gone because really often, I'm the only one trying to play extremely safe. Avoid people, don't panic if people are running around and cutting you off because they're killing themselves just as much as they're killing you. Stall often with jumping and be ready to make the decision to stay early on. Always mentally path out where you want to land on the level below and don't choose to make hard jumps to survive. Minimizing risk is more important than grabbing a few extra tiles. If you're on the bottom two floors or so, you're in too deep; put your gamer pants on and don't think about stopping to quit because it's too late.

5 minutes ago, PeachXHime said:

Funny, I dodged Roll Out but not Slime Climb, since the risk vs reward is so great, and if you have some practice it becomes reliable to complete.

Yeah I agree, Slime Climb is basically an instant final. Someone pushed me off once though, didn't wanna take that risk again :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PatrickEsteban said:

I just got it too. (EU) Started out on a regular PS4 barely winning because of the starting position and input lag. Played on my brothers Pro.

Always kept track of current Kudos after every win (in case I had to dodge and see if they stayed the same).

Instantly dodged:

- Perfect Match

- Jinxed

- Team Tail Tag

- Slime Climb

- Jump Showdown

3 Fall Mountains, 2 Hexagones. I only got Royal Fumble once before.

Sorry for asking and possibly sounding dumb but with the kudos counting do you mean if your monies went up after dodging (quitting early) that your streak is still working or that if you dont gain any monies then it's still all okay? 

Also congrats man! I busted a 4 win streak earlier. Currently on 2 right now and playing...

Edited by mattfry94

6 minutes ago, diogoarez said:

Fuck this after 5h of trying the 3 wins I was missing I close to getting 1, then right at the end a guy grabbed me from a mile away and I had to quit immediately to avoid losing the streak

Don’t give up man, took me around 7-8 hours to get my last 2 wins... The nerves don’t help so just take a break every so often before you break your controller lol.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GoodGodLetsEat said:

Don’t give up man, took me around 7-8 hours to get my last 2 wins... The nerves don’t help so just take a break every so often before you break your controller lol.

Thanks man, what worries me the most is that I've already lost 5 3 win streaks this week so I'm really scared 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mattfry94 said:

Sorry for asking and possibly sounding dumb but with the kudos counting do you mean if your monies went up after dodging (quitting early) that your streak is still working or that if you dont gain any monies then it's still all okay? 

Also congrats man! I busted a 4 win streak earlier. Currently on 2 right now and playing...

My Kudos stayed the same after quitting a game early, meaning it didn't ruin the streak from my understanding. The only time my Kudos increased was after the wins.

Damn that's unfortunate. As long as you take your time I'm certain you got this :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PatrickEsteban said:

My Kudos stayed the same after quitting a game early, meaning it didn't ruin the streak from my understanding. The only time my Kudos increased was after the wins.

Damn that's unfortunate. As long as you take your time I'm certain you got this :)

Thanks man, I actually just got it now and now have my platinum! I was very lucky to have a best friend help me along the way.

Good luck everyone! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Miss_Valkyria said:

Got to 4 games then recieved kudos when I quit out of team tail tag. Even though no eliminated screen. Gutted! Won't be doing that one again ?‍♀️

1 hour ago, busypwnin123 said:

Yup, happened to me on hoopsie daisy last night

how late did you guys quit? was it very close to the end of the round?

3 hours ago, StrangeGuy_3000 said:

Finally got the trophy too, you guys still have at least a week to get it so don't stress yourself out. If you can win 1 game you can get the trophy.

The only game mode I quit instantly was the new gold spinner finale - it's complete luck whether the two beams come at you at the same time or not. Fuck that.

Other game modes, especially team ones and fall mountain finale, I quit with 10 seconds left at the very latest, even if my team could still win. If your on a streak, always quit if it comes down to the wire. On fall mountain, if there's ANYONE at the top with you, QUIT or you may lose your streak.

I only needed 5 because I quit early each time, if you quit late, your kudos may not go up but you may need another win or two. I won 3 hex-a-gone and 2 fall mountains.

Good luck, you can do it!

how many hours from your first win?

The very first time I reached Hex I almost won by a second ? ...very first time I reached Fall Mountain...almost won by one second.

This game is so much fun but can really pull at your heartstrings haha!

Does anyone have any tips for Fall Mountain?

Edit: I can confirm leaving games doesn’t change kudos amount still. 

Edited by HoorayForTyler

2 hours ago, PatrickEsteban said:

Yeah I agree, Slime Climb is basically an instant final. Someone pushed me off once though, didn't wanna take that risk again :D

in the 2nd round, it eliminated us down to 4 people lol!  But I lost the tail grab in the final (3rd round) of course.

• Like 1