Is the infailible trophy exploit patched

rayjenjoeryry_jr

1 hour ago, MikeCheck-- said:

This trophy method is likely patched and y'all are losing the 1,2, or 3 game streak by quitting out. 

Why do people keep saying this... we will know for sure when it is patched. Just because people are having bad luck and no one is reporting getting the trophy for a few hours doesn't mean it's patched.

Remember they're an indie developer and trophy concerns will be far down on their list of priorities. This glitch will most likely remain in place for a week, at least.

• Like 1

This trophy looks more and more doable. Won 5 games out of 6 today, luck is still a big factor though. Position on the starting line, team games and so on  .

I tried to quit when losing, but it is almost impossible on hexagone

Edited by nrgjak
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nrgjak said:

This trophy looks more and more doable. Won 5 games out of 6 today, luck is still a big factor though. Position on the starting line, team games and so on  .

This trophy its only luck you need. This trophy is unfair. I have platinum on Gran Turismo 5, Wipeout HD, Mirror's Edge, games where you need a lot of skill. This trophy you only need luck.

I have been playing today a few hours with 4 friends, we won some games together, and sometimes we got disconected, team games in different teams, lag...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

@StrangeGuy_3000 They mentioned they knew they knew this was a workaround and then they delayed the patch. That, along with the fact they made this trophy for hunters had me, and I'm sure others thinking it was patched.

Don't be so shocked, it likely ISN'T far on their list. 

I disagre:

1. They didn't delay the patch for the trophy issue (people are saying they just got it)

2. The fact they made this trophy shows they don't care too much about they and wanted to throw one in as a challenge that only a few people would get (legit).

3. Read their reddit post on the patch, they're working on far more important things. 

1 minute ago, Eraezr said:

Could someone explain what this supposed exploit is, please? I'm out of the loop. Is it just quitting the have a tail by the end of the round?

No, if you win 2 games in a row for example, then notice you are about to lose, you can use the "option" button and quit out and keep your streak.

As long as you DO NOT see Eliminated on screen, your streak should be intact.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Misshandlad said:

No, if you win 2 games in a row for example, then notice you are about to lose, you can use the "option" button and quit out and keep your streak.

As long as you DO NOT see Eliminated on screen, your streak should be intact.

Just to add, whilst this makes the trophy a lot easier, it is by no means easy. You still have to know when to leave a game at the right time which can be really tricky in some modes like Hex-a-gone, and balance that with being aggressive enough to push for, and get, 5 wins.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, theaface said:

Just to add, whilst this makes the trophy a lot easier, it is by no means easy. You still have to know when to leave a game at the right time which can be really tricky in some modes like Hex-a-gone, and balance that with being aggressive enough to push for, and get, 5 wins.

Agree with this, you just have to weigh in the pros and cons of each game. Is it worth risking your streak to have a chance to go through? Games like Team Tail Tag, Solo Tail Tag, Hoarders etc i always quit out of. Mainly because you think you are "safe" with a few seconds left, and Boom, someone messes up and you are eliminated. Fall Ball, Egg scramble and a few more, you can see in which direction the game is going quite early so you have time to quit out.

Tail tag finals is a tough call aswell, I usually play out and if I have the tail when the timer goes in to -10 seconds, I make a decision if I go for it or not, basically by watching the surroundings. Can I hold it safe the remaining seconds? If no, better to quit out.

I've had 4 streaks lost to both Hexagon (failed to quit) and stupid stuff like Block Party where you stumble if there are to many people.

1 minute ago, Linkinito said:

I'm asking you a question:

Do dashboarding (PS Button → Quit the game) after seeing eliminated still breaks the streak?

Because I'm regularly losing in finals and it's very hard to quit at the very last moment when it's tense.

Yes, that breaks your streak. You have to do it via the in-game menu while the game is not over.

1 minute ago, Misshandlad said:

Yes, that breaks your streak. You have to do it via the in-game menu while the game is not over.

Ok, back up solution:

Is doing a hard disconnect (like unplugging the ethernet cable) still breaks it?
Or are we screwed as the trophy is coded client-side and seeing a single time "Eliminated" voids the streak?

Edited by Linkinito
  • Like 1