Your approach (DLC trophies)

trophynerd122

Hey people,

I read through literally every post on this site regarding the new DLC trophies and opinions on these could not be more diverse.

I was just curious: How are you going to approach the two new trophies? 

Two separate playthroughs? One playthrough on grounded while going for no death per chapter/act?

Regarding myself: I will do one playthrough trying to get both trophies at once due to efficiency. I did not hate the game as much as other people did, but neither do I want to waste time unnecessarily.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions and approaches :) 

Gonna go for NG+ Grounded + Permadeath mode per chapter + all collectibles + finish upgrades.

All I need to know is if collectibles are saved immediately after pick up.

NG+ Grounded + all collectibles + finish upgrades.

Sometime later Permadeath on easiest difficulty.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

I am going to start today on very light, turn on infinite ammo and some cheats, some rendering modes for fun, play permadeath per chapter and enjoy the SHIT out of the game.

That is to get to know again the specific hard spots and complete game for grounded.

After permadeath I will start grounded mode.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Gonna go for NG+ Grounded + Permadeath mode per chapter + all collectibles + finish upgrades.

All I need to know is if collectibles are saved immediately after pick up.

Yeah just wait until the loading/saving icon disappears (if there is one, I cannot even remember anymore lol)

I don't want to put myself through Grounded whilst worrying about permadeath, collectibles, upgrades etc. (I still need to get the platinum) so I'm going to do a collectibles and upgrades run with permadeath (chapter based) on Very Light + then after that I'll do Grounded and focus only on that.

Edited by jonesey46

I will do Grounded + permadeath (with the easiest chapter setting) at the same time. On grounded, you can still activate all accessibility combat options (most importantly invisibility while prone). With that, you can sprint through all human encounters and lay down for a second in case you're spotted and immediately loose the enemies. This makes the only hard parts of the game the bloater and the rat king fight. Start this on NG+ and you even have maxed out weapons and characters (if you have the plat).

Edited by Alex_R-13
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Alex_R-13 said:

On grounded, you can still activate all accessibility combat options (most importantly invisibility while prone).

Oh wait, this is still available? ?Will definitely come in handy in case I get stuck.

Since I already platted it, I’ll do Grounded + Chapter Permadeath. 

Hard+ was a real fit difficulty for me, and honestly, Grounded should feel amazing, I reckon these type of games improve their experience and immersion with harder and realistic difficulties. But I also think players at a beginner level also find the right spot in lower difficulties so it’s always good to include diversity and accesibility nevertheless.

I will try New Game+ on Grounded and permadeath per chapter. 

I don't know if i will need to finish my second playtrough, cause when I maxed out my stats I load different chapters for clean up collectible so don't know if I select NG+ I'm gonna be maxed out or not.

I like TLOU II, but in my opinion is too long and I'm so lazy to finish my second run or even do two more runs for one trophy each...

probably like this if never played game before:

Playtrough 1 : permadeath per chapter, all collectible, very easy, also all lootable scrap and suplement

playtrough 2 : NG+ grounded and the rest of player + weapon upgrade

or just do both simultaneously.

but i can smell Grounded+/speedrun trophy already in the near future, probably just gonna hold it till ND leave it alone.

I will do permadeath (chapter option) on light first and then a separate Playthrough for grounded. The story isn’t as long as people make it out to be. It’s very long due to cut scenes. 

Anyways, once I get the trophies I may go for another run of the game on Grounded with permadeath (full game) enabled. I just want to see how far I can get. This is more of a personal challenge and would make a good stream for my channel. 

Two separate playthroughs for me. There's no way I'm combining Grounded and Permadeath, that would drive me insane. I remember dying to 1-2 bullets on Grounded in the first game, and having played through Part II twice, I know there's going to be A LOT of trial and error. And no, I'm not going to crawl through the whole game like a baby with invisibility on.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

Oh wait, this is still available? 1f605.pngWill definitely come in handy in case I get stuck.

I'm pretty sure devs said that most of the accessibility options will be disabled and this one will be gone for sure.

I strongly recommend NOT doing permadeath + Grounded, because in the end you might waste more time reloading chapters than doing extra quick playthrough on Very Easy. But hey, you guys do what you want.

I will personally do first NG+ Very Easy permadeath collectible run since I haven't plat'd the game yet and then fully upgraded Grounded NG++ run.

I’m still to do my second play through for all collectibles and upgrades so I’m going to combine that with Permadeath by chapter and then go for the all in complete Grounded experience, everything switched off and no accessibility options. That will be a satisfying way to end the trophy list for me.

Edited by Eqill5
  • Like 1

Probably not the answer you are looking for but:

I'm probably gonna leave them alone and wait until I'm sure ND won't add any other NG+ or NG++++++ trophies.

Refuse to do another like Days Gone where you play for trophies, just for them to add even more trophies resulting in too many playthroughs.

• Like 1

Since I finished the game once on Survivor difficulty, I’ll go on NG+, Grounded and Permadeath per chapter. In the meantime, I’ll find my missing collectibles and fully upgrade all my skills and weapons (getting the Platinum in the process). I might turn on a few accessibilities to make the playthrough smoother like skipping the safe puzzles (I’ve done them all with the clues and codes to find, on my 1st run).

Edited by MaxieM0us3

Does anyone know if NG+ will work for the Grounded trophy? I know in TLOU1 it differentiated between Grounded and Grounded+. Wouldn't want to do a Grounded+ playthrough if it doesn't unlocked the trophy. Also, I read that permadeath isn't available in NG+...

For me, just going to do 2 playthroughs and keep it simple.

1 - Permadeath, Very Light

2 - New Game +, Grounded

Edited by PhantomFear94

7 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Does anyone know if NG+ will work for the Grounded trophy? I know in TLOU1 it differentiated between Grounded and Grounded+. Wouldn't want to do a Grounded+ playthrough if it doesn't unlocked the trophy. Also, I read that permadeath isn't available in NG+...[...]

You ninja’d me, I was just coming on this thread to ask the same question.

Seems a lot of people here take the unlock of the grounded trophy on NG+ for granted, whereas the trophy description only says "Grounded". It could either mean exactly Grounded, or any of the Grounded difficulty settings, thus including Grounded+, but I can’t find any reliable info.

Do you guys have a source for this, or are you just assuming/hoping?

20 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Does anyone know if NG+ will work for the Grounded trophy? I know in TLOU1 it differentiated between Grounded and Grounded+. Wouldn't want to do a Grounded+ playthrough if it doesn't unlocked the trophy. Also, I read that permadeath isn't available in NG+...

For me, just going to do 2 playthroughs and keep it simple.

1 - Permadeath, Very Light

2 - New Game +, Grounded

You can't do the Permadeath trophy on NG+. So while it is possible to start a new game and go for Grounded and Permadeth at the same time, I wouldn't recommend it but more props to people for going that route. I watched some streamers trying out both new modes at the same time and saw them die very early on in the game only to go back 40-50 minutes and losing all progress. Yeah, no thanks. 

2 playthroughs for me. My grounded mode will be on NG+ 

I think I'll bite and do a Grounded+ + Permadeath-per-chapter run, with as many accessibility options as possible. But I'll put it on hold for now, I got the plat around three weeks ago. I still got the first TLoU platinum to get, so maybe I'll play them back-to-back.

I'm also waiting to see if these accessibility options or the NG+ setting are allowed to get these trophies. If not, it'll be more of a challenge.

Edited by Eblait