[PSA] IMPOSSIBLE PLATINUM (FIXED 23/10/20)

GTAJJ

• 2 weeks later...

I’m curious, considering the developers have been fully aware that NG+ was broken back in February, and blatantly did nothing to fix it before PS4 release; how did this pass QA? 

It’s not just a simple trophy that’s broken, it’s an entire game feature. Surely there must be some rules in place regarding what can, and cannot be added to the digital store. Because I’d argue that adding a game that you knowingly know is broken shouldn’t be allowed. 

So under these circumstances, and based on the fact that there’s proof that they knew this was an issue back in February and still decided to try and sell the game on PSN, knowing full well it was broken. If I was Sony I’d issue an ultimatum, fix the game within a specific time frame or it’s pulled from the store. 

I don’t think any platform does enough to hold lazy developers to account. Usually it’s hard to show that a developer has knowingly released a broken game. But there’s tweets to them from back in February informing them of this issue, and they responded to the tweets. So again, they 100% knew that the game was broken, but didn’t care to fix it, and released it anyway. It’s ridiculous, and we all know it happens often, just never so blatantly obvious.

Edited by GizMo_The_Great

1 minute ago, GizMo_The_Great said:

I’m curious, considering the developers have been fully aware that NG+ was broken back in February, and blatantly did nothing to fix it before PS4 release; how did this pass QA?. 

It’s not just a simple trophy that’s broken, it’s an entire game feature. Surely there must be some rules in place regarding what can, and cannot be added to the digital store. Because I’d argue that adding a game that you knowingly know is broken shouldn’t be allowed. 

So under these circumstances, and based on the fact that there’s proof that they new this was an issue back in February and still decided to try and sell the game on PSN, knowing full well it was broken. If I was Sony I’d issue an ultimatum, fix the game within a specific time frame or it’s pulled from the store. 

I don’t think any platform does enough to hold lazy developers to account. Usually it’s hard to show that a developer has knowingly released a broken game. But there’s tweets to them from back in February informing them of this issue, and they responded to the tweets. So again, they 100% knew that the game was broken, but didn’t care to fix it, and released it anyway. It’s ridiculous, and we all know it happens often, just never so blatantly obvious.

Already on it. I have contacted Playstation and explained the whole situation and me trying to get in contact and that on Xbox it is still the same which means it is broken from launch. They told me to give them some more time, then call them (PS) and report the game. I have contacted PS and awaiting ticket. 

16 minutes ago, GTAJJ said:

Already on it. I have contacted Playstation and explained the whole situation and me trying to get in contact and that on Xbox it is still the same which means it is broken from launch. They told me to give them some more time, then call them (PS) and report the game. I have contacted PS and awaiting ticket. 

Awesome, I might do the same. Get some momentum behind it. It’s just sad that they behave this way. 

This is actually a really fun game. It was about £1-£2 on offer when it released on Switch, so I picked it up on there and it was enjoyable, albeit not well optimised. So I was happy it was coming to PS4 where it would run a lot better. 

Not so happy now though ?

3 hours ago, GizMo_The_Great said:

I’m curious, considering the developers have been fully aware that NG+ was broken back in February, and blatantly did nothing to fix it before PS4 release; how did this pass QA? 

So under these circumstances, and based on the fact that there’s proof that they knew this was an issue back in February and still decided to try and sell the game on PSN, knowing full well it was broken. If I was Sony I’d issue an ultimatum, fix the game within a specific time frame or it’s pulled from the store. 

look at island flight simulator. 2/3 of the game is inaccesible because it crashes. every single time.

7 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

look at island flight simulator. 2/3 of the game is inaccesible because it crashes. every single time.

Yeah true.. there’s a ton of broken games that haven’t been fixed in years.

But the main defining factor here is that we have proof they knew it was broken.

There’s many games that are a complete mess, and it’s easy enough to say that they didn’t know. That as far as they were concerned the game was complete and worked fine. It’s just an oversight and they plan to fix it.

But they’ve had multiple complaints since February, at first they acknowledged them, but soon after they began ignoring them. 

The fact that they clearly knew this was broken, but didn’t fix it is what gives us as the consumer an edge in this instance. It proves that they fully intended to sell us a faulty product. 
As opposed to other games which were likely sold under the assumption that they were fine, but bugs came to light later.

It’s highly likely that most devs know the games are broken at release, but it’s pretty hard to prove that usually.

On 13/08/2020 at 0:48 PM, GTAJJ said:

A warning to all. The new game feature is broken after completing the game and to unlock the cloaking device, you have to play NG+. Don't hold your breath for it to be fixed because on Xbox that achieve is still at 0% too.

UPDATE: Messaged them on Facebook, they redirected me to e-mailing so I'll keep you all updated.

https://imgur.com/gallery/JcCIZTZ

Thank you all information! I was to buy the game but now I decided not to till them no fixing the broken game !

6 hours ago, GizMo_The_Great said:

Yeah true.. there’s a ton of broken games that haven’t been fixed in years.

But the main defining factor here is that we have proof they knew it was broken.

There’s many games that are a complete mess, and it’s easy enough to say that they didn’t know. That as far as they were concerned the game was complete and worked fine. It’s just an oversight and they plan to fix it.

But they’ve had multiple complaints since February, at first they acknowledged them, but soon after they began ignoring them. 

The fact that they clearly knew this was broken, but didn’t fix it is what gives us as the consumer an edge in this instance. It proves that they fully intended to sell us a faulty product. 
As opposed to other games which were likely sold under the assumption that they were fine, but bugs came to light later.

It’s highly likely that most devs know the games are broken at release, but it’s pretty hard to prove that usually.

Let’s hope Sony forces them to fix it. They won’t get my money until I see people popping platinum. It’s a shame what devs have slowly been enabled to get away with. The state of games is in shambles at the moment.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

Let’s hope Sony forces them to fix it. They won’t get my money until I see people popping platinum. It’s a shame what devs have slowly been enabled to get away with. The state of games is in shambles at the moment.

Yeah, I’m hoping, but I’m also not holding my breath. 

I long for the good old days where a game came completed, and it just worked.

You would think companies would me less inclined to release broken games these days, given how easy it is to share information about broken titles. I mean GTAJJ posted this up the day after release to alert everyone. Back in the golden days of games actually working, if one was broken, you’d have to hope someone had informed a gaming magazine, then wait a month for their next publication.

I do think Sony and Microsoft need to take more initiative and crack down on issues like this.

Broken trophies are one thing, and although it sucks, I know Sony don’t really take any interest in those. But when it’s part of the actual game that’s broken, that needs addressing 

Yes, the broke now , maybe fix it all later is crap. On train sim world, there are two missions apparently bugged, and it’s the last thing worked on in the train sim 2 roadmap. What frustrates me so greatly is my love of simulator, and I can’t do this because it’s jnobtainable. Surely enough, it looks like one of the genuinely fun ones .

Edited by ImStylinOnYaBro

On 8/25/2020 at 0:13 PM, GTAJJ said:

UPDATE: I have spoken to Playstation about it all and they are going to contact the publisher themselves to fix it. 

Im sure we won’t see it for months. But this is still good news and I thank you for going through the effort!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 4:49 PM, GTAJJ said:

UPDATE: Had a few more conversations, sent them video evidence of all the endings and how it is broken. They are ongoing an investigation over it.

https://imgur.com/a/5GnCdbo

thanks for keeping us posted. i'm always checking back every two or three days for potential updates to the situation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Taking the refund but asking them to confirm that they are continuing to resolve the issue. What pisses me off is that they could go patch out the trophy/auto pop it. Done. On a side note... Sony actually offering a refund after I've played the game. :o

HqSaw8m.png

Edited by GTAJJ