ALTERNATE METHOD for Student Surpasses the Master

Anything I can do to try and make it a bit simpler. I'll do a vid on it tomoz when I do my immortal vid and I think in done with this now.

Other tips, though these have perhaps been mentioned in other guides is to use the M9 and Desert Eagle, thats defo common tips! Use M9 first and switch to DE when you drop down in 2nd part.

When shooting 2 targets with 1 shot in the first part, aim at the 2nd target, then as you strafe to line the targets up, its a bit easier as you are already aiming at 2nd target, then you fire when first target enters your crosshairs. The 2nd part is different as you dont quite strafe there so you usually dont see 2nd target much.

Guess:

- Use Slow mo first.

- Use M9 until drop down, then switch to DE.

- When shooting 2 targets at once, aim at 2nd if possible.

- Alway reload checkpoint as the first initial layout can be repeated then.

EDIT:

Just 1 other thing I noticed, and pretty annoying as it goes against the trophy is that if you aim/shoot to fast, sometimes your bullets will miss.

To prevent this, try to wait a few millisecs after aiming down your sights. Its really hard to gauge this, but you can feel it, if you aim/shoot to fast, you will miss sometimes, but just aiming a tiny bit longer will allow you to always hit. 

I think its as you go from hip fire to aim down your sights, you need to hold on just split second once you have fully aimed down your sight to be sure your bullet always hits.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Anything I can do to try and make it a bit simpler. I'll do a vid on it tomoz when I do my immortal vid and I think in done with this now.

Other tips, though these have perhaps been mentioned in other guides is to use the M9 and Desert Eagle, thats defo common tips! Use M9 first and switch to DE when you drop down in 2nd part.

When shooting 2 targets with 1 shot in the first part, aim at the 2nd target, then as you strafe to line the targets up, its a bit easier as you are already aiming at 2nd target, then you fire when first target enters your crosshairs. The 2nd part is different as you dont quite strafe there so you usually dont see 2nd target much.

Guess:

- Use Slow mo first.

- Use M9 until drop down, then switch to DE.

- When shooting 2 targets at once, aim at 2nd if possible.

- Alway reload checkpoint as the first initial layout can be repeated then.

EDIT:

Just 1 other thing I noticed, and pretty annoying as it goes against the trophy is that if you aim/shoot to fast, sometimes your bullets will miss.

To prevent this, try to wait a few millisecs after aiming down your sights. Its really hard to gauge this, but you can feel it, if you aim/shoot to fast, you will miss sometimes, but just aiming a tiny bit longer will allow you to always hit. 

I think its as you go from hip fire to aim down your sights, you need to hold on just split second once you have fully aimed down your sight to be sure your bullet always hits.

I found after trying to the M9 and DE and M9 and UPC 45 that the latter is more effective is you switch to it before you go up the stairs to shave off some milliseconds with it’s faster melee

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dylansko said:

I found after trying to the M9 and DE and M9 and UPC 45 that the latter is more effective is you switch to it before you go up the stairs to shave off some milliseconds with it’s faster melee

You're right, it does have a faster melee, your knife is already out in front, but I couldnt find it anywhere.........thing is im sure I remember seeing it one time, but now I cant find it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

You're right, it does have a faster melee, your knife is already out in front, but I couldnt find it anywhere.........thing is im sure I remember seeing it one time, but now I cant find it

I think it only appears after running through the course at least once.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I think it only appears after running through the course at least once.

It near where you start the level, near the sniper, knew I remember seeing it somewhere lol

47 minutes ago, dylansko said:

Its twice as fast isnt it, if you use it from the get go, you can perhaps get other melees. A melee removes a second from the clock at the end iirc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AMadScotsGuy said:

Don't game modifications disable trophies?

Sure do, the slow mo is to practice, it makes it easier to adapt to it and develop a strategy as everything is...well....a little slower ;)

May seem like the jump from slow to fast will hit you hard but it doesnt actually, being able to absorb it all in slow time just lets the layout sink in better!

• Like 1

Cheers for this. The most important thing I took from it was the reloading checkpoint bit. I'd tried a good few times and got down to 20 seconds but was frustrated with the changing course. Third time after reloading and I got exactly 19.7. A few tries later and I scraped a 19.65.

On 14/08/2020 at 0:28 AM, Incandenza1 said:

Correct, the armoury expands after running the course. If you're resetting the checkpoint to get a consistent spawn, the M9 and Desert Eagle are the only pistols you can use.

Actually incorrect, the USP.45 is always there for me, even before entering the lower range!

You can find the USP.45 in the outside, in the right side of the part you start the mission shooting the bullseye. Is near to the sniper.

I'm stucked woth this achievement. 3 days only playing The Pit, with the good course, the P90 and the USP.45 but i can't do it. My better time is 23'55 and I can't be faster. I don't play shooters so is very hard for me. I accept this platinum is losed for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying forever ... I think over 4 hours nett of trying.

I am getting improvements though. I had consistently 22 - 24 seconds. But now by doing more melee attacks (incl last two guys in last section) I get accuracy of 200% and time subtraction of 10s. 

I'm using P9 first 4 targets, then switch to USP.45 for melee guy on the right, use USP.45 for remainder of first section, second section, up the stairs and those guys. Switch to P9 when I drop down the roof, shoot the two double targets, switch to USP.45 once more and melee the last 2 guys ...Lot of switching but for melee you really need the USP.45.

EDIT: Always when you think you'll never make it....finally did it last night. As above and this time I didn't get stuck behind a wooden cover, or stuck against a civilian board or melee in the air or anything. Even missed 1 double shot but still managed 19.60.

Edited by vdmarel_NL

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...