Trophy thoughts?

MatThaRiPP3R84

so I've been following this game, looked very cool I like soulslike games, so was definitely up for a challenge, but after seeing the trophy list I'm not sure im up for it anymore lol. most of them are straight forward, all except 1.

Forever Alone

Beat the game without ever bonding with a shell.

basically shells are classes they give you abilities, masteries attributes etc but if you don't get one your a gangly gollum looking naked thing that dies in any 2 hit combo from enemies in the game. 1 hit takes you to 10% health and the bosses look omg tonk level hardcore.

I'm hoping it's just misleading description but i doubt it. eww.

• Like 2

After playing the beta a month or so ago, I'm pretty torn on getting this. It was clunky as hell. Getting through it without taking a hit seems rough. There was a few sections in the beta were they threw 5 or 6 enemies at you at once and the animations felt to slow to facilitate fighting them. I think I'll wait to see how the game pans out before jumping on board.

2 hours ago, Gage said:

Shell upgrades don't matter that much, they're only abilities and not stats, but a lot of them have really specific use. Weapons can still be upgraded. 

No shell means you die in one hit at all times lol. 

Wait so you really have to do a no hit run to get the platinum? Jeez...

• Like 1

Tried to play the beta on my beefy gamer notebook packing a monstruous gtx 760, i7, 8gb. Guess my rig was just too powerful, since I couldn't move past 5fps. I'm excited for this game, and loved the trophy list. A trophy for a no hit run? Seems like Sekiro won't be the ultimate soulslike platinum much longer.

53 minutes ago, L0rdAceX said:

Wait so you really have to do a no hit run to get the platinum? Jeez...

2 minutes ago, Arielferrari19 said:

yeah kinda, but i believe you can still die and keep playing.

Well with the way the game mechanics work it's not really a no hit run. ;)

But yes it's like playing as normal, except you just die in one hit, then get sent back to your last rested point. 

24 minutes ago, Gage said:

Well with the way the game mechanics work it's not really a no hit run. ;)

But yes it's like playing as normal, except you just die in one hit, then get sent back to your last rested point. 

Yes I misspoke, I didn't mean the whole game. More like you only get to be hit once in between bonfires/checkpoints and most importantly for bosses.

3 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

There might be some braindead or broken strategies like how people are dealing 1/3 of a bosses health in Dark Souls while being level 1. There might also be a new game+ that could make this a cinch.

Unless I'm mistaken doing that in Souls typically requires really specific magic builds you have to go well out of your way to do. Won't work in this as there is no magic. 

NG+ also wouldn't really make the game any easier, as there is no leveling, only weapon upgrades (which you can cap on a weapon really early) and shell abilities (which you obviously can't use when you aren't using a shell). 

3 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I think you just play the game on easy DONE! I say 4/10

There is no difficulty selection. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Gage said:

Unless I'm mistaken doing that in Souls typically requires really specific magic builds you have to go well out of your way to do. Won't work in this as there is no magic. 

NG+ also wouldn't really make the game any easier, as there is no leveling, only weapon upgrades (which you can cap on a weapon really early) and shell abilities (which you obviously can't use when you aren't using a shell). 

There is no difficulty selection. 

Mmm .. I’m sure there will be an way to work around that trophy ? 

3 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Mmm .. I’m sure there will be an way to work around that trophy 1f3c6.png 

I mean, there certainly could be helpful exploits, but I don't see it being a walk in the park. We will see as people get their hands on it though. 

The fact there are 2 trophy stacks going around suggests there are both EU and NA versions. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by L0rdAceX

1 hour ago, L0rdAceX said:

I mean, there certainly could be helpful exploits, but I don't see it being a walk in the park. We will see as people get their hands on it though. 

The fact there are 2 trophy stacks going around suggests there are both EU and NA versions. Can anyone confirm?

We will see ;) hopefully there is one?

8 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

Even if there are no easy exploits and you'll die in one hit the checkpoints will make it doable. It's as simple as practice makes perfect. I was able to do Hell and Hell in DMC 4 and 5. I'll just look at each area between checkpoints as another mission.

My guess is if you can do something like Ashen's platinum (where on the hard mode you die in 1-2 hits), then this should be doable too with practice. I'm most concerned about the bosses for this one, but again, we will see.