GTA V: Broken or just stupid?

rgeGeo

Yeah so this whole garage system doesn't work anymore, you put a car in your garage, later on you go back to garage, you take your car out, you drive it around, is it worth mentioning that you go through more cars in ten minutes in this game then your entire family does underwear in a year? So your sweet ass $100,000 ride best stay in your garage, if you take it out drive it somewhere and don't take it back, well it's gone forever. 

Realism right? -_____- haha yeah this game is realism incarnate, the epitome of friggen realism, thanks for making it so realistic bob waaay to fucking go. 

In all seriousness, is this just a glitch? Or is this just a stupid flaw? I mean you can fuck Amanda's car up, blow it to smithereens, ohh it's back fine the next day, same with Micheal's car, same with Trevor's and Franklin's, but not with cars you buy or steal and upgrade, wtf is going on? xD

The main characters have their own cars that they actually own and as such they never disappear. The cars you steal and customize or put in your garage are gone if you don't put them back in your garage, just like previous GTA games. So no, not a glitch and I wouldn't really call it stupid either, since the car was stolen in the first place. 

Parker

No it's stupid, they break the bounds of realism everywhere else but this is a no go? Also what about the bikes and cars you actually buy? They go too, I guess I'll just stick with stupid.

You're more than entitled to your own opinion so go ahead and keep thinking it is stupid. I personally don't see it as an issue though. 

Parker

It is an issue though, that defeats the point of car customization, customize a car just to lose it when you actually drive, cars get loaded out all the time. 

There is a car impound lot that you can retrieve your vehicles from.

Ahhh ok, thanks man, that explains it. ;)

It is an issue though, that defeats the point of car customization, customize a car just to lose it when you actually drive, cars get loaded out all the time. 

Ahhh ok, thanks man, that explains it. ;)

Sir, I do believe you missed part of that. I said personally, as in for me (personally) it isn't an issue. Just because you have a problem with something doesn't mean everyone else has to share that opinion.  

Parker

The main characters have their own cars that they actually own and as such they never disappear. The cars you steal and customize or put in your garage are gone if you don't put them back in your garage, just like previous GTA games. So no, not a glitch and I wouldn't really call it stupid either, since the car was stolen in the first place. 

Parker

With experience comes knowledge...course there aren't very many that have played all 8 GTA games. B)

• Like 2

Sir, I do believe you missed part of that. I said personally, as in for me (personally) it isn't an issue. Just because you have a problem with something doesn't mean everyone else has to share that opinion.  

Parker

Ohh jesus christ....

With experience comes knowledge...course there aren't very many that have played all 8 GTA games. B)

I played 2, 3, vice, san, 4, LCS, VCS and V dude there's more than 8 GTA games... just saying. :)

Yay, more infinite fighting because of personal opinions! That's surely what makes this forum shine.

Personally, i agree with the OP. If you got it, you should be able to save it. No matter how you got it, either by stealing or using in a mission and retrieving later, whatever: YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO KEEP IT.

In Saints Row: The Third, any vehicle you drive and store in your garage is saved there forever. I just believe that was fucking awesome, i had 3 different versions of the EMU (the one you need to destroy 50 times in a challenge).

As you asked in the title "broken or just stupid?", i pretty much don't think it was meant to save and doesn't, i don't think that was something they have tried to implement and failed thereby i don't think it is something broken, so i will vote in "Just Stupid" option.

You just can't go into forums expecting that everyone will have your oppinion or start being rude when they don't. People are different, you have to respect that and keep to yourself if you don't agree. My grandma always told me that is better to keep a mouth shut than saying worthless things.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

I'm sure they were stolen by belligerent hoodlums.

Yay, more infinite fighting because of personal opinions! That's surely what makes this forum shine.

Personally, i agree with the OP. If you got it, you should be able to save it. No matter how you got it, either by stealing or using in a mission and retrieving later, whatever: YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO KEEP IT.

In Saints Row: The Third, any vehicle you drive and store in your garage is saved there forever. I just believe that was fucking awesome, i had 3 different versions of the EMU (the one you need to destroy 50 times in a challenge).

As you asked in the title "broken or just stupid?", i pretty much don't think it was meant to save and doesn't, i don't think that was something they have tried to implement and failed thereby i don't think it is something broken, so i will vote in "Just Stupid" option.

You just can't go into forums expecting that everyone will have your oppinion or start being rude when they don't. People are different, you have to respect that and keep to yourself if you don't agree. My grandma always told me that is better to keep a mouth shut than saying worthless things.

Saints row 3 was awesome for that wasn't it? :D

I'm sure they were stolen by belligerent hoodlums.

That would make sense, them just vanishing though kinda stupid, it would be awesome if you could see your car being driven by the guy who stole it, being able to steal it back would be cool.

i don't think that was something they have tried to implement and failed thereby i don't think it is something broken, so i will vote in "Just Stupid" option.

Well the old GTA's actually kept your vehicles when you would come back to your parking spot. I'm pretty sure that it would get fixed in an upcoming patch.

Sure as hell it was!

That would make sense, them just vanishing though kinda stupid, it would be awesome if you could see your car being driven by the guy who stole it, being able to steal it back would be cool.

I would love to see this implemented. Imagine the same guy taking the car back after you load your save game, you walk out of home and the owner drive away and wave for you and then make a "fuck you" sign (something like this _|_). LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

You could do exactly that in older GTA games. I never tried in in GTA IV or V but I used to rig my cars with bombs in GTA III and park it somewhere busy and watch it for a few minutes. Someone would steal it then I'd follow them for a little bit and blow it up. GTA III was a damn fun game...

I think if you watched your car you could actually see someone steal it. Obviously if you go on a mission or something you couldn't see it being stolen though. 

Parker

There have been times in San Andreas and IV where I would get carjacked. A majority of the times would be someone pissed off that would rip me out of the car just to fight, but there have been several times where they have got in and driven away.

Edited by Deth

You could do exactly that in older GTA games. I never tried in in GTA IV or V but I used to rig my cars with bombs in GTA III and park it somewhere busy and watch it for a few minutes. Someone would steal it then I'd follow them for a little bit and blow it up. GTA III was a damn fun game...

I think if you watched your car you could actually see someone steal it. Obviously if you go on a mission or something you couldn't see it being stolen though. 

Parker

That sounds fun, but wasn't what i meant. I said that after you steal and park it on your garage, the owner could steal it back when you wake up in the morning after. He talks to his contacts and finds out where you live and come by to get his car back. Robbing robbers, that sounds sooooo meta.

GEO, it's all a matter of how you play. It's up to you how realistic you want it to be. If you follow the rules of the road and know how to drive then you can rest your car and everything will be fine.

It's up to you on how realistic you want the game to be.

Although I think you have long forgotten that this is a game.

Dude seriously? I mean really does it cause you to get stuck in a wall? or Under the map? or make your PS3 fail and YLOD,fuck up your OS?

I'm halfway TLOU (ORGOTY2013) which is supposed to aim for gritty realism and your partners just practically dance around the enemy unnoticed then you do it and all goes to hell.

And you're complaining about THE DAMN GARAGE SYSTEM IN A GTA GAME THE GAME'S CALLED GRAND THEFT AUTO aren't you supposed to I dunno, steal cars?

Its like complaining about bugs in a bethesda game.

Whenever you see something like that, a wizard did it.

Seriously though, I haven't played a GTA game in depth since GTA3 and the others on PS2, and I know that you have to park your car in the garage if it's stolen to keep it.  What's so hard to understand? Just because you don't like a game mechanic (which I don't see how you don't if you've played previous GTA games), that doesn't been it's "broken" or "stupid".

Edited by Sonic

^This, The garage system is consistent with the entire GTA Franchise, I don't see why OP is making a fuss over it. It makes complete sense if you've played any other GTA game... 

Juuust because it's consistent doesn't make it ok, the combat system has been consistently shit through the last few games and now they've finally made it good, and now with car customization, which can cost a bomb btw, this whole not losing your car thing is a needed thing to be perfectly honest, surely it's not realistic, but it's less hassle and more fun, it's needed. 

And I'm not making a fuss, making a fuss would raging on twitter and starting a petition, yeah I just asked a question in a forum, that's all. No big deal I just don't see the point of not having that feature in the game.

Dude seriously? I mean really does it cause you to get stuck in a wall? or Under the map? or make your PS3 fail and YLOD,fuck up your OS?

I'm halfway TLOU (ORGOTY2013) which is supposed to aim for gritty realism and your partners just practically dance around the enemy unnoticed then you do it and all goes to hell.

And you're complaining about THE DAMN GARAGE SYSTEM IN A GTA GAME THE GAME'S CALLED GRAND THEFT AUTO aren't you supposed to I dunno, steal cars?

Its like complaining about bugs in a bethesda game.

As for TLOU yeah that partner thing is bs but it's understandable why it's there.

Bethesda need to be moaned at, it worst cases boycotted, they can't get away with releasing buggy broken games, fallout 3 is my all time favorite game but the GOTY edition is honestly fucking pathetic, I play it and I love it, but it's still fucking pathetic, skyrim on PS3 when it launched was pretty fucking disgraceful in all honesty, Bethesda shouldn't rush to release I'd happily wait an extra six months for a smooth game then dealing with a broken one.

As for GTA V, they've brought in car customization, you can drop 80k on car easily, you take it on a mission, it's gone forever, you aren't getting that fucker back xD I seriously don't see the point of not having it in the game, it's the little things that can make a big difference sometimes, maybe not in this case but still I think it's needed. it's not a major issue, but I'm sure many would appreciate it. 

I don't think it's stupid at all. You're able to park certain types of cars because they were originally yours. There's no reason to get mad with the game, just go to the garage if you want to keep your stolen cars. No big deal.

Yeah but you can't, you steal a car, blow 80k on it, take it on a mission and it gets loaded out ect.. go back to your garage, it's gone forever.

Whenever you see something like that, a wizard did it.

Seriously though, I haven't played a GTA game in depth since GTA3 and the others on PS2, and I know that you have to park your car in the garage if it's stolen to keep it.  What's so hard to understand? Just because you don't like a game mechanic (which I don't see how you don't if you've played previous GTA games), that doesn't been it's "broken" or "stupid".

I understand the concept of parking your car in a garage to make it yours, but in GTA V that doesn't make it yours, it just protects it from not loading out, once you leave it someone where else it's gone forever. That's stupid.

• Like 1