GTA V: Broken or just stupid?

rgeGeo

I only upgrade Franklin's car and that's for races. Every other car I steal I wind up trashing or ditching it, so it's no real loss if I lose the fast convertible I stole since I'm bound to find another one anyway. But I personally don't think the mechanic itself is dumb, since if you have that one car you really like it makes sense to put it in the garage if you don't want it gone. 

Besides, as someone on the first page mentioned there is the impound which should give it back for free. 

I tend to be more careful with my high value cars. I only use them for races and then back to the garage.

Well you sir... are apparently smarter then the rest of us. Congratulations. :D My cars get blown up way to easy, I cut across the hills/mountains every chance I get so my cars are constantly getting blown to smithereens. 

I only upgrade Franklin's car and that's for races. Every other car I steal I wind up trashing or ditching it, so it's no real loss if I lose the fast convertible I stole since I'm bound to find another one anyway. But I personally don't think the mechanic itself is dumb, since if you have that one car you really like it makes sense to put it in the garage if you don't want it gone. 

Besides, as someone on the first page mentioned there is the impound which should give it back for free. 

You don't get it back for free, it costs a small fee :D also the only vehicles that end up in the impound are the ones you brought off the internet, ones you stole and upgraded are gone forever, I do think it's a little stupid for it not to be in the game, I can't see the point of it not being in the game, if you disagree that's awesome, the world would be boring it everyone agreed with me, but I really can't see why someone wouldn't want this feature not to be in the game in all honesty.

Yeah but you can't, you steal a car, blow 80k on it, take it on a mission and it gets loaded out ect.. go back to your garage, it's gone forever.

Don't use them during missions, since there's a higher chance of blowing it up. Or just try to drive safely. I'd rather keep my pumped up cars in the garage for other purposes than risk losing them during a mission.

The main characters have their own cars that they actually own and as such they never disappear. The cars you steal and customize or put in your garage are gone if you don't put them back in your garage, just like previous GTA games. So no, not a glitch and I wouldn't really call it stupid either, since the car was stolen in the first place. 

Parker

^ This. I actually expected this same system here since its been around since....ever. Don't know what OP was expecting. This isn't Saints Row. Lol

Why would you expect a car you destroy or leave sitting around to be in your garage every time? Lol. Yeah, the little driver fairy stays in there and brings it back once you've booted up the game again. Can't believe you're mad about this as if it's something new...lol. Want to keep your vehicles you better not destroy them, simple.

• Like 1

I havn't had any problem in fact I happended to go to the impound and see to my knowledge they had one of Franklin's. As of now, none of my cars in my home or large lot garages have dissapeared. I might have a couple cars that I don't think were mine that were gone.

Honestly, this has been a gripe for me since GTA3. Games like Saints Row handle the garage thing much better - being able to "store" up to 64 cars across all your safehouses, and access them at any of those places, or any Rim Jobs customization shop is a great feature. Plus, after customizing a car, that car is then automatically stored in your garage.

It's been like that since the first game. Why can't Rockstar follow suit? They're fine, as was mentioned, breaking reality everywhere else [Abilities that slow down time, or let you take less damage. Being able to fall off a building or cliff, hit some deep water and survive, eating a hotdog to replinish health after being riddled with bullets, and cops who suddenly forget you ever existed just because you went and painted your car a slightly different shade of red.] - but you can't let me store cars to come back to easily?

It being destroyed is one thing - I wouldn't expect to get that back [Although, Saints Row keeps even destroyed cars, and lets you repair them right from the garage.], but I shouldn't have to lose a rare car that I worked hard to get just because I was made to drive something else. This is a game, after all - why can't it handle cars in a game-like fashion, the way it does other things?

It's a step in the right direction, what they did for the cars you purchased - but it should apply to any cars you've put money into. It's a bit annoying putting money into a vehicle, only to have it disappear because you get forced to drive something else. Not to mention the fact that each character has, at most, 2-3 garages [strictly related to cars - Boats, Planes, Helicopters and Tanks can't have anything done to them, so Hangars, Marinas and Helipads don't count - in fact, they all work BETTER than the car garages.]- with only one of them being able to hold more than 2 cars [unless you got the special Edition].

"Broken"? No - but it's definitely something that needs to change. Just because "it's been like that forever" doesn't make it good. It's a blemish on an otherwise great game. Yes, GTA V is a great game - but it isn't flawless - the garage system has been a flaw since the beginning. Not to mention, it IS a bit bugged - cars aren't always safe in the garage.

Edited by Fox
  • Like 1

Whenever you see something like that, a wizard did it.

Seriously though, I haven't played a GTA game in depth since GTA3 and the others on PS2, and I know that you have to park your car in the garage if it's stolen to keep it.  What's so hard to understand? Just because you don't like a game mechanic (which I don't see how you don't if you've played previous GTA games), that doesn't been it's "broken" or "stupid".

It's just broken, rock star have announced they're fixing it as we speak.

To me, all you're proving is that GTA V is such a good game that people have to pick out petty issues to make the game look bad instead of praising the things that are right in the game. Have you even played any other GTA Game for more than an hour? That really is saying something.

Yeah I've played GTA 2, 3 VC, SAN, 4 and V for hours.. hours.. your view on this is ridiculous and stupid in almost every way, I love fallout 3, it's great in my opinion; one of the best games I've ever played, but you know what, those bugs/crashes piss me off to no end and I would hammer my discontent at that BS right in Bethesdas ears all day if I could to get that fixed, fixing those bugs would make the game much more enjoyable and less irritating, same goes for GTA V, my 1.2m dollar Bugatti went missing, completely vanished, I got it out of the impound once and now it's completely gone, that is obviously an issue, that is clearly the game being broken, it that was how it's meant to be it almost defeats the point of car customization and buying actual cars too, Rockstar are fixing it as we speak, so that confirms it, the game was just broken, I was right to bring this issue up, bringing it up was a good thing, end of story, games aren't your friends, there's no need to defend them like they are.    

The main characters have their own cars that they actually own and as such they never disappear. The cars you steal and customize or put in your garage are gone if you don't put them back in your garage, just like previous GTA games. So no, not a glitch and I wouldn't really call it stupid either, since the car was stolen in the first place. 

Parker

No it's a glitch, Rock star are fixing this as we speak.

It's just broken, rock star have announced they're fixing it as we speak.

Yeah I've played GTA 2, 3 VC, SAN, 4 and V for hours.. hours.. your view on this is ridiculous and stupid in almost every way, I love fallout 3, it's great in my opinion; one of the best games I've ever played, but you know what, those bugs/crashes piss me off to no end and I would hammer my discontent at that BS right in Bethesdas ears all day if I could to get that fixed, fixing those bugs would make the game much more enjoyable and less irritating, same goes for GTA V, my 1.2m dollar Bugatti went missing, completely vanished, I got it out of the impound once and now it's completely gone, that is obviously an issue, that is clearly the game being broken, it that was how it's meant to be it almost defeats the point of car customization and buying actual cars too, Rockstar are fixing it as we speak, so that confirms it, the game was just broken, I was right to bring this issue up, bringing it up was a good thing, end of story, games aren't your friends, there's no need to defend them like they are.    

No it's a glitch, Rock star are fixing this as we speak.

That is good news for you then. I hope you get more enjoyment out of the game now not having to worry about your cars disappearing.  B)

Parker

• Like 1