Grounded/Permadeath differences noticed so far

Optinooby

Hey guys just a quick question: I initially planed to complete permadeath and grounded at the same time, but I decided to split it into two playthroughs.

Now I‘m left with grounded mode, but I was wondering, if anyone can tell me which save file will be used to decide what carries over to the next playthrough? Obviously I did not pick up sh*t during permadeath mode; I would prefer to chose the platinum playthrough save, so any possibilities to decide this?

thx in advance

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Hey guys just a quick question: I initially planed to complete permadeath and grounded at the same time, but I decided to split it into two playthroughs.

Now I‘m left with grounded mode, but I was wondering, if anyone can tell me which save file will be used to decide what carries over to the next playthrough? Obviously I did not pick up sh*t during permadeath mode; I would prefer to chose the platinum playthrough save, so any possibilities to decide this?

thx in advance

In case you are doing Grounded+, your base run (NG) will be used.

On 21. 8. 2020 at 0:40 PM, Eternal21 said:

I'm doing permadeath on easiest difficulty NG+.  Does that mean there is no way for me to keep all my upgrades I earned on NG+, for my Grounded+?

(This is what I have read somewhere on this forum:)

There is no NG++, therefore every NG+ starts from an NG save file.

An easy test would be to start NG+ after you finish your current run. If there are parts in the chapter where you meet Jesse first time, full upgrades did not carry over.

Upgrades from NG+ run carry over to NG++.

Edited by HusKy

14 hours ago, Eternal21 said:

I'm doing permadeath on easiest difficulty NG+.  Does that mean there is no way for me to keep all my upgrades I earned on NG+, for my Grounded+?

You keep them. I just finished my permadeath run and started Grounded and it looks like I have everything still.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

You keep them. I just finished my permadeath run and started Grounded and it looks like I have everything still.

Yep, just verified all my upgrades from Easy NG+ carried over to Grounded NG+.  A good thing too, as I'm finding virtually no supplements/parts.

2 hours ago, Eternal21 said:

Yep, just verified all my upgrades from Easy NG+ carried over to Grounded NG+.  A good thing too, as I'm finding virtually no supplements/parts.

That's because the game doesn't spawn any supplements and/or parts if you don't need them for anything.