Karaoke tips?

KnightAtomic

I don't know why I'm having the biggest issue with karaoke in this game. I just can't seem to press the right buttons at the right time no matter what I do and as soon as I make a mistake I get completely thrown off.

Not even to mention the varying speeds and sometimes extremely quick prompts.

I just wonder if I'm missing something or if I just have to practice a long time?

Edited by KnightAtomic
  • Like 1

In my experience I had to press the button slightly ahead of the time, not sure if it was input delay or TV lag.

Varying speed and buttons in quick succession are just annoying, honestly, but it's something you need to practice I guess, there's no easy way around it, sadly.

As far as I'm aware, there's no trick or item to make karaoke easier, just practice the songs, get used to the timing, rhythm changes and you will get there shortly! I recommend playing a song once or twice, do some other activities ingame and then go back to it so you wouldn't completely burn out on it.

Listening to the beat can help in some instances if you're good at rhythm prediction. It's the same everytime for the songs, so if you find a point where you're struggling, pay extra attention to the timing of that part.

For example, one of the songs had a quick beginning note that I ALWAYS missed, so I remembered where it was and predicted when to press it. Good Luck! I wish the rest of the Yakuza game was as easy as this part was for me (aka no RNG ?)

EDIT: Also, to score higher, easier, play the lively interjections, even though they can be more challenging, you can miss more notes.

Edited by Long-Ryde
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since practicing Karaoke in-game is tedious, especially when accompanied by Hakura, I practiced out-of-game. The trick is simple:

1. Like you would do so normally, choose and attempt (or not) the target song in-game.
  2. Long-press [Share] and save the video.
  3. Quit Yakuza.
  4. Trim the video to remove any undesired intro/outro scenes.
  5. Replay the now-succinct video.
  6. With a powered-off controller, practice buttons to the video.

Doing this, practice is trivial. Furthermore, you can rewind (or create mini-videos) to focus on problematic sections. There will be a slight reconciliation period when you return to Yakuza and play the mini-game proper -- since your button inputs will actually register -- but it should be a lot easier to slightly adjust your timing now that you have muscle memory for every transition and tempo.

You could also find videos of the songs online and play along with your controller. Personally, I liked having the video local so I could edit it to suit my practice sessions.

• Like 1

950 on otometal was hard! Just did it on my 19th try.

The beat is essential in my opinion. So is realising WHAT you're doing in the song - you're the percussion/backing vocals.

There are moments in the song where you're on the singing notes, on the notes in between the fast beats, and on the notes in between the singing notes.

About 65-70% of them are on beat though - just memorise and keep trying is all I can offer! But understand the button presses are not all on the drum beat.

I found really pressing the button helps me. Not a ridiculous amount, just lifting my thumb high and pressing down hard - being "super confident" and going for the button press exactly on beat (when you hear it, not see it) helped me out big time.

I started out on 750-800 scores, just gradually got higher. and I can get 900 now without trying too hard because it's just in my memory. Repetition is key - just keep going!

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that I can recommend is rather than forcing yourself for matching the buttons, have a general feel about the music & rhythm by listening the song a few times (watching videos on that karaoke can also help) and then trying the karaoke. Only focusing on buttons might make things more difficult since the music cursor also moves pretty fast. In my personal experience, I played the song less than 20 tries and got 950+ 5 times throughout (2 of them, and my final attempt which was 970, being on Remote Play). Just stick with it, learn it, and you can do this request of Haruka.

Edited by XxIsa-GxX

On 9/2/2020 at 1:05 AM, Raveniteh said:

Gratz! 

This is probably the most challenging Miss Princess Annoying request in any Yakuza game. The one that I struggled the most at least. 

It's absolutely the hardest in the remakes.

But having to hit 20 homeruns in a row on the hardest course at the batting center in the original Yakuza is definitely the hardest in the series.

After couple of more attempts (in total less than 50), I just managed to score 1000 on Otometal my life (although this isn't required). Yeah, it's tough but if you actually feel the song, learn the music & rhythm and time it right, 950 is pretty much doable. Good luck to anyone who's going for this quest.

I constantly missed prompts although i pressed the buttons. Furthermore when you miss a prompt, it is most surely you will miss the next one too. ??

A fellow told me, the bigger your TV, the harder it gets, so If you have a psvita, try using the remote play. And if you dont,

My advice is to Put your TV aspect ratio to 4:3!

I did 950 on my fourth try when i changed it!

Good luck to everyone strugling with this song!

• Like 1

Strange as it seems, i changed the TV to 4:3 and did a 920 on my second try, (unlocking the perfectionis trophy ?) making the 30 other tries a joke.. gotta grind that 30 to complete this song.

Finally beat this karoke demon song.. and got the plat !!

Edited by S77Dores

• 2 weeks later...

Am I missing something or game requires "just" 900 in each song? I wonder why so many of you are going for more when its not required for nothing? I did 900 on all songs in like 30 minutes (I platted a lot of other Yakuza games) and Im wondering if I did everything all right? It was checked as done in Completionist list and Im done. 

9 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

Am I missing something or game requires "just" 900 in each song? I wonder why so many of you are going for more when its not required for nothing? I did 900 on all songs in like 30 minutes (I platted a lot of other Yakuza games) and Im wondering if I did everything all right? It was checked as done in Completionist list and Im done. 

You need to get 950 on Otometal my life for one of Haruka requests. 

• Like 1

There's a glitch that allows us to skip 4 last idiotic activities for annoying brat Haruka. I saw it on trueachievements, where after baccarat you go to West Park, make a clear save file, go win baccarat again and boom, we got the ex rank and trophy. 

Karaoke itself is glitched as hell. Sometimes Im doing perfect timing but still got a miss info. So if the glitch is working then screw those moronic devs who came up with this bullshit. I will try it tommorrow and let you know if the exploit is still working. 

If you ever played DDR in real life, the karaoke seems very easy and forgiving. But unlike most of dancing games, Karaoke is more about nailing as many "great" as possible than actually keeping the combo alive till the end.

For the last Haruka's request, I remembered I even got a "Miss" but with 99+% of "Great", i got over 950. Also for Otometal my life, i found muting the game was better because after the first third of the song, the notes go really off rhythm so if you focus on your ears, you may get confused and screw the same part over and over.

• 1 year later...

Tips on this please?  Im on a mission to become a true Yakuza Master and platinum as many of the games as i can, so far I have platted 0, Kiwami 2, 4, 6 and Lost Judgment, Otometal track seems very broken and like it very unfairly doesnt register your inputs, god its horrific, the karaoke on the other games never seemed this bad, worried that this will block the plat for me.  Note its 900 im trying to get to do the rest of the completion list, im not yet working on Haruka's requests that sound much worse!

Edit: Just did it earlier, thank fuck!  It was a real unforgiving nasty mess, took a fair few attempts.  Also I am pleased to learn that certain exploit/glitch where once activated allows you to skip the hardest of Haruka's requests :)

Edited by mike_87

• 5 weeks later...