First time playing a metroidvania!

As the title suggested this will be my first time playing through a game like this and i just wanted to know if the platinum or the game in general is a tedious experince to 100%. I bought it without any research honestly so i have no idea what to expect with this game ?. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigHatPaul said:

Well being that it is a Metroidvania, expect a lot of backtracking. If you consider that tedious, yes, it will be.

Nah it wouldn't I probably didn't ask the right question here or maybe I should of rephrased it better but thanks for answering.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/14/2020 at 1:07 PM, AstralYato said:

As the title suggested this will be my first time playing through a game like this and i just wanted to know if the platinum or the game in general is a tedious experince to 100%. I bought it without any research honestly so i have no idea what to expect with this game 1f605.png

The game requires a supplemental guide to go and collect all items, which are hundreds, in order to get the plat. So in that regard it's annoying. Took me 4 weeks to finish. It's not an overly great Metroidvania imo, the graphics are ugly, voice acting laughable and soundtrack completely forgettable. I'd recommend getting Castlevania requium, as SotN is the apex in the genra and the plat is far quicker to boot.

Edited by Startyde

As somebody who played this game earlier this year, completely blind and on a whim (I saw it at the library and it looked cool so I grabbed it), I can tell you right now that it may be your first metroidvania, but it certainly won’t be your last! ?

The platinum for this one is extremely enjoyable in my opinion. The game is fantastic. The trophy for crafting all the items in the game is a little tedious and will require lots of farming for items, but it’s honestly not too bad, especially if you end up enjoying the game as much as I did.

There is also tons of guides and advice floating around about obtaining/crafting all the items In the most efficient matter, and ways you can save tons of cash and materials. So make sure you research this part of the platinum thoroughly and you will save lots of time.

I really hope you enjoy it man! I know for myself, once I finished this game I went scrambling to create a list of some of the most popular metroidvanias on PS4 and I’ve been slowly working my way through the list. I’m really excited for Hollow Knight coming to PS+ this month, because people say it’s pretty much the contemporary crown jewel of the genre.

Edited by dieselmanchild
Added some important infos
  • Like 1