Temporal Ambassador Bug - Unobtainable Platinum

SRiley77

Hello Trophy Hunters, 

As of this writing, there is a known (but fix eta unknown) bug in the mission Temporal Ambassador.  

Spoiler

When trying to enter the Enterprise C, after having lowered the 3 force fields on the gangway.. there is a message of "Map Transfer Failed"

This bug is new, and replaces the bug where Temporal Ambassador just was not available for play.

Why do I say that this makes the Platinum unobtainable?  According to trophy/achievement guides on other websites, Temporal Ambassador is required for a few of the story arc trophies.. including "In Shadows" & "Vigilance".. and without these trophies, one cannot complete the Platinum.

Keep an eye out for patches, and send in those bug reports!!

• 3 months later...
On 8/14/2020 at 10:10 AM, SRiley77 said:

Keep an eye out for patches, and send in those bug reports!!

No one has earned "In Shadows" since May, only one player has earned "Vigilance" since then. Are the trophies still bugged or is the game just dead?

5 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

No one has earned "In Shadows" since May, only one player has earned "Vigilance" since then. Are the trophies still bugged or is the game just dead?

The game isn't dead, but pretty close (PC/Steam version still jumps, though). According to changelogs, the bug SRiley was talking about was fixed about a week later, but the real issue is the changes to the game. The platinum should still obtainable, it's just the trophy descriptions and most of the guides are useless as the actual requirements have been shuffled around in game. It's all still there, just some of it is gated behind harder content now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

The game isn't dead, but pretty close (PC/Steam version still jumps, though). According to changelogs, the bug SRiley was talking about was fixed about a week later, but the real issue is the changes to the game. The platinum should still obtainable, it's just the trophy descriptions and most of the guides are useless as the actual requirements have been shuffled around in game. It's all still there, just some of it is gated behind harder content now.

Nice, thanks for the quick reply. In your opinion still worth playing or no?

18 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Nice, thanks for the quick reply. In your opinion still worth playing or no?

If you like Star Trek, that's the important bit. While the gameplay is more or less standard MMO fare, the writing and questing itself is slanted like The Next Generation. That is, lots of lore and world building peppered with tepid action. And then you do a space battle.

I enjoyed what I played of the Steam version.

I'm not sure what that mission has to do with this trophy but it clearly still doesn't work.

As for the In Shadows story missions itself, they are not bugged but the trophy somehow is and is, for whatever reason, referring to Yesterday's War, Temporal Ambasdador.

I have completed the whole arc and no trophy has popped. Why it is a requirement to do something entirely different, I can't understand.

Friendly FYI that simply skipping the first Yesterday's War mission, Temporal Ambassador, does unlock the Yesterday's War trophy but it does not enable In Shadows.

The fact that this game has had bugs present for a number of years does not fill me with much faith that this will be fixed any time soon. Especially given that they have changed - ineffectively - so much over the course of this game's life. Just look at the requirements above as an example of how convoluted they have made things.

Edited by GarryKE

• 3 weeks later...

I think the only thing we can hope to do is to bug them on Twitter a bunch. also submitting bug reports but they don't seem to be really rushed about it. I still have a lot of data chips to find but I'm worried that this won't get fixed and I'll not be able to get the Platinum.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Beyrone said:

They recently posted on Facebook that this is fixed and I see someone recently got the "In Shadows" trophy.

Anyone can confirm it's also fixed for the Vigilance trophy?

AFAIK the Vigilance trophy is still unobtainable because those missions were removed from the game. Not sure if it will pop If you already did those missions before they were removed and were waiting for Temporal Ambassador to be fixed.

As InsomniWrench stated above...  Temporal Ambassador is now working again, but the Vigilance story arc has been removed from the game without changing the trophy requirements.  

When I logged into my Klingon character, a message briefly appeared on the screen that Vigilance had been dropped/removed.

Hopefully the fix for the Vigilance trophy can come quicker than the 5 months that Temporal Ambassador took to get resolved.

On 1/31/2021 at 9:49 AM, InsomniWrench said:

AFAIK the Vigilance trophy is still unobtainable because those missions were removed from the game. Not sure if it will pop If you already did those missions before they were removed and were waiting for Temporal Ambassador to be fixed.

I'm not sure why they "rehauled" one set of missions in their recent update but left this one out. My mind boggles when these developers change anything.

But it is great that they finally got around to doing something about the bug in the Temporal Ambasdador!

Edited by GarryKE

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Today I logged my Klingon officer who had done the Vigilance arc & Temporal Ambassador mission, and the Vigilance Trophy popped !

I have another KDF officer (from the Klingon recruitment event), who has not been as far as the Temporal Ambassador mission, so I cannot tell how the trophy requirement were changed.