SlowQuorex

DLC trophies requirements comfirmed

35 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, The PREDATOR said:


Not necessarily, what’s to stop you or anybody else in not using any accessibility settings to get the trophies?

I know Im speed runing Perma Death mode on Very Light+.

Then Doing Grounded on NG+ legit.

Dont care about makimg thing boring n easy if it means I cant enjoy the actual challenage.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any difficult points in the game on Grounded? I'd imagine the Rat King boss fight and other flashback sequences (hotel bloater) or forced encounters might be tricky.

Edited by PostGameBlues
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, XXIIlII said:

Thanks. And with that we can say that these 2 trophies are useless. Why bother making "hard" trophies if you can use accessibility settings? And permadeath isn't really permadeath lol

Yeah i agree with you. Why bother making hard trophies if your just going to breeze through it! Why not just make a trophy and call it new game+ or something.

 

Annyways im going to wait a year maybe 2 before i do this. So i can see if they put out more diffculty related ones as Dlc2. Like Days Gone did. 

 

Dont wanna play this incredibly bad story more than i have to for completion.

 

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing slightly concerning me w/ grounded is the hospital boss fight, which was utterly horrible. Otherwise I'd combined Grounded+ and Chapter Permadeath. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SlowQuorex said:

Many people wonder if accessibility settings violate getting the new Grounded and Permadeath trophies. Now I can confirm that accessibility settings DO NOT violate getting those two trophies. Actually every accessibility option the game allows you to enable during your Grounded or Permadeath playthrough is free to use. In-game cheats (aka "gameplay modifiers") as one shot kills and infinite ammo which are not allowed to be used for getting these trophies will be locked anyway. So if the game allows you to turn something on – you may feel free to turn it on (you can even use listening mode on Grounded).

Grounded+ is counted towards Grounded trophy.

Using "invisibility while prone" and "slow motion" settings actually turns Grounded into a piece of cake. I easily managed to beat Grounded in Permadeath mode due to these settings. To sum up:
- you are allowed to go Grounded+ to make things easier
- you are allowed to use accessibility settings to make things incredibly super extra easy
- it is very easy to go for Grounded and Permadeth in one playthrough if you are familiar and good with the game (if otherwise – don't)

 

All right! Thank you for the clarification about the settings you can use or not and to let us know that the trophies are still obtainable :)

Edited by PillsOfDarkness
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Are there any difficult points in the game on Grounded? I'd imagine the Rat King boss fight and other flashback sequences (hotel bloater) or forced encounters might be tricky.

Yep, there are couple of episodes where you are forced to go into open fight and you are unable to crawl yourself out of encounter. These are forest escape with Lev and Yara when Abby is locked into a building waiting for them to get her out while hordes are pushing in, and Rat King of course. These are easily doable if you stick to right strategy: as soon as you start playing Abby, you just build up your arsenal (and you should also have some ammo and resources left from your previous playthrough). Just don't attack anyone as you can crawl yourself past them without wasting any ammo. So when the time comes, you will be able to unleash all your firepower on the hordes and Rat King. I picked up most of the resources on the levels, and this way I had plenty of powerful ammo (like bombs, explosive shells, flamethrower ammo) when I was about to get into a fight as Abby even on Grounded. Btw I never tried to go prone in those situations so maybe there is slight chance that invisibility option would work at these fights.  :D 
There is maybe one tough situation when you're playing as Ellie. It's when you have to deal with two shamblers. But even if you were spotted you can just lie down and shamblers will lose their sight of you. Just make sure they don't step on you, because they will start seeing you and will make their toxic explosion right away if that happens. And you should be able to deal with them easily if you saved couple of molotovs and shotgun ammo.

 

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

The only thing slightly concerning me w/ grounded is the hospital boss fight, which was utterly horrible. Otherwise I'd combined Grounded+ and Chapter Permadeath. 

I think this fight is easily doable if you have enough ammo. As soon as fight began I started to unleash all my arsenal at it. It took like 5 pipe bombs and 80 fuel units of flamethrower for it to die. I didn't even have to run away from it in circles, like I did at my first playthrough, as Rat King was stunned by bombs or flame. When it came to it's stalker part, I finished it with something around 7 standart hunting pistol shots and 2 explosive shotgun shots. It's easy not to miss a single bullet if you are using slow mo setting. I would also advice to change your weapons while you're in slow mo cause this will make you slightly quicker in your actions.
But generally you are right: you may not want to combine Grounded and Permadeath if you are not sure in this. I did two playthroughs before this one so I knew how things worked in this game and had no trouble. Btw I had some occasional clumsy deaths like when some sudden clicker suprisingly one-bited me from behind out of nowhere, and I had to start the whole chapter all over again – and this was definitely boring and no fun. So yeah, it's better to be sure you are not going to die even if you choose chapter-based Permadeath.
P.S. Don't be afraid of those sudden clickers – you can avoid them if you stay prone all the time. It was just me who sometimes started fights just for fun (and then had even more "fun" of replaying the chapter).
P.P.S. Still be afraid of the one certain clicker. It happens when Ellie and Dina start being pursued by hordes in the underground metro and Dina is grabbed by a runner: you better shoot it of her instead of using melee as melee animation may take a long time, and then you'll end up in clicker's kind hands (never happened to me on Hard but maybe it's Grounded-exclusive thing). xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SlowQuorex said:


P.P.S. Still be afraid of the one certain clicker. It happens when Ellie and Dina start being pursued by hordes in the underground metro and Dina is grabbed by a runner: you better shoot it of her instead of using melee as melee animation may take a long time, and then you'll end up in clicker's kind hands (never happened to me on Hard but maybe it's Grounded-exclusive thing). xD

 

 

That fucking event is bullshit since I basically skipped cutscene into holding sprint, got in front of her and she dies instantly by the clicker :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DevilDestiny said:

 

 

That fucking event is bullshit since I basically skipped cutscene into holding sprint, got in front of her and she dies instantly by the clicker :)

Hah, I died the very same way on my Permadeath walkthrough. After being eaten by clicker due to using melee, next time I wanted to move slightly ahead of Dina to have some safe space while shooting and that ended in instant game over.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you save in permadeath? Exit game and then continue. 

Also, it must be new game, no ng+, right?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you can't save in permadeath, the game automatically saves itself at specific points (mostly between chapters, but there's a few exceptions). You must play at least from.one of those checkpoint to the next one or lose your progression.

 

And permadeath can be achieved in ng+.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tetho_mig said:

No, you can't save in permadeath, the game automatically saves itself at specific points (mostly between chapters, but there's a few exceptions). You must play at least from.one of those checkpoint to the next one or lose your progression.

 

And permadeath can be achieved in ng+.

Yeah, its good.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait so if you die do you go back to that checkpoint or do you go all the way to the beginning?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Wait so if you die do you go back to that checkpoint or do you go all the way to the beginning?

Depends on setting. Whole game, act or chapter.

Edited by BossMadMax
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SlowQuorex said:

 Btw I never tried to go prone in those situations so maybe there is slight chance that invisibility option would work at these fights.

 

 

I can confirm that it does not, haha. Prone invisibility doesn't activate in forced-combat encounters. You can crawl through most of the sniper section, though, until the infected show up.

 

3 hours ago, SlowQuorex said:

There is maybe one tough situation when you're playing as Ellie. It's when you have to deal with two shamblers.

 

You don't have to defeat those Shamblers. I just crawled to the exit gate, stealth killed the nearby Runner, and opened it. Make sure the other patrolling Runner isn't facing you when you start the triangle prompt, though.

 

I actually thought phase 3 of the Ellie fight was a bit tougher than Rat King. On Grounded+, it seemed like you have no choice but to throw a bottle at one of Ellie's own bombs while she's setting it on the floor, to stun her. She dodged every other bottle throw I tried, so I died once there. Maybe I'm just bad!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

You don't have to defeat those Shamblers.

Wow, I didn't really know that. When I tried to open it stealthily, shamblers started running to the noise. Maybe I was spotted by that runner, or it's scripted the way that shamblers detect you but still are unable to catch you (as it is with many other barricaded/shut doors) and I was too scared so I dropped the chain and ran away. :D
 

44 minutes ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

On Grounded+, it seemed like you have no choice but to throw a bottle at one of Ellie's own bombs while she's setting it on the floor, to stun her.

I managed to beat her without throwing stuff at the bombs. I just stayed prone-invisible and waited a bit, while she was all busy with her "wire the whole place up with tons of explosives" thing. Then she started moving from one side of the room to the other, and I catched a moment and threw a bottle at her, so it hit and stunned her. I was using default brick and bottle auto lock-on, whithout any manual aiming. I guess she dodges throwables if she have spotted you, the same way she dodges every single one of your melee attacks unless you attack from stealth. And her perception is tuned up to the level of cat on Grounded.

Edited by SlowQuorex
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SlowQuorex said:

I managed to beat her without throwing stuff at the bombs. I just stayed prone-invisible and waited a bit, while she was all busy with her "wire the whole place up with tons of explosives" thing.

 

So prone invisibility is supposed to function in that fight? It didn't in my game—there was no droning sound to indicate invisibility when I laid down, so I did the whole battle couched like normal. Perhaps it glitched on me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

 

So prone invisibility is supposed to function in that fight? It didn't in my game—there was no droning sound to indicate invisibility when I laid down, so I did the whole battle couched like normal. Perhaps it glitched on me.

Yea, sounds like some kind of bug. I don’t recall if there was indicating sound in that episode, but I’m definitely sure invisibility should work on Ellie as I beat her that way. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, XXIIlII said:

Thanks. And with that we can say that these 2 trophies are useless. Why bother making "hard" trophies if you can use accessibility settings? And permadeath isn't really permadeath lol

 

This looks like something that is most likely an oversight, so if people are interested in using these exploits they should probably use them sooner than later before they get patched out. 

 

I would be really surprised if the developers left things the way they are after this exploit becomes well known, because it kind of defeats the entire spirit of those trophies in the first place.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I would be really surprised if the developers left things the way they are after this exploit becomes well known, because it kind of defeats the entire spirit of those trophies in the first place.

Devs were surely aware of this. When you choose Grounded at the start of new game, the game advices you to turn those accessibility settings off because of "the way this mode is supposed to be played" or something like this.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.