DLC trophies requirements comfirmed

SlowQuorex

18 minutes ago, SlowQuorex said:

Devs were surely aware of this. When you choose Grounded at the start of new game, the game advices you to turn those accessibility settings off because of "the way this mode is supposed to be played" or something like this.

It’s certainly possible. TLoU2 was highly praised for it’s accessibility options and inclusiveness for disabled gamers or people with other barriers that make it difficult to play many games, so it did cross my mind that maybe these accessibility options were left in intentionally to ensure Grounded and Perma-Death modes are accessible to those same people.

But if this was the case I would still find it very puzzling, as it completely trivializes the experience and therefore undermines the point of having those extreme challenges added to the game in the first place. In that case it would just seem like a cheap method to convince people to play through their game again.

I think a fair compromise would be to leave the accessibility options there for disabled gamers, but make it so they void the trophies. I don’t think this would be unfair to disabled gamers, as many able-bodied players would also be locked out of the trophies for not having the skill or patience or whatever.

59 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

That's right. I thought they didn't implement difficulty related trophies in the first place because accessibilty settings were designed for people with disabilities. So difficulty related trophies wouldn't make any sense if settings are allowed; and I guessed they thought that not allowing using those settings in order of getting trophies would be sort of discrimination of players with disabilities. I still think this is the reason why devs allowed accessibility settings to be used on Grounded. They still locked access to "actual" cheats, so they allowed using accesibility options on purpose.

I agree that Grounded and Permadeath trophies are nothing but a silly joke this way. I also wish these trophies gave us true challenge, especially after platinum being THAT easy (seriously, it's one of the easiest plats in action games I've ever seen). Right, nothing stops me from doing it hardcore way, i.e., not enabling accessibility options on Grounded, but I really don't see any reason to make it difficult if I can go easier way. As much as I loved this game with all my heart, I had enough of it after two playthroughts, and I din't really want to go for another two long ones. No matter how I enjoy any game, there would still be a moment when I don't want to play it anymore. My completionism was the only reason I did those trophies, and I did them the easiest way possible.

Edited by SlowQuorex

42 minutes ago, SlowQuorex said:

That's right. I thought they didn't implement difficulty related trophies in the first place because accessibilty settings were designed for people with disabilities. So difficulty related trophies wouldn't make any sense if settings are allowed; and I guessed they thought that not allowing using those settings in order of getting trophies would be sort of discrimination of players with disabilities. I still think this is the reason why devs allowed accessibility settings to be used on Grounded. They still locked access to "actual" cheats, so they allowed using accesibility options on purpose.

I agree that Grounded and Permadeath trophies are nothing but a silly joke this way. I also wish these trophies gave us true challenge, especially after platinum being THAT easy (seriously, it's one of the easiest plats in action games I've ever seen). Right, nothing stops me from doing it hardcore way, i.e., not enabling accessibility options on Grounded, but I really don't see any reason to make it difficult if I can go easier way. As much as I loved this game with all my heart, I had enough of it after two playthroughts, and I din't really want to go for another two long ones. No matter how I enjoy any game, there would still be a moment when I don't want to play it anymore. My completionism was the only reason I did those trophies, and I did them the easiest way possible.

I can sort of understand Naughty Dog trying to be inclusive and empathetic towards disabled players, but this kind of silly situation is exactly why they’ve been taking so much flak about being overly “woke” and political. I mean, do we really need to set a precedent where the hardest challenges in a game can be achieved effortlessly, just because a very small demographic of players might feel offended or discriminated against?

It’s a little ridiculous IMO, especially considering the devs kindly made the platinum very easily accessible to everyone this time around. That’s a huge change from TLoU1 which was very grindy and challenging! Nobody, no matter their skill level or ability, will be locked out of the platinum in TLoU2, so I think it would be perfectly reasonable to have a couple extra DLC trophies for the small number of people that want to go above & beyond and brave the hardest difficulties for the 100%. Unfortunately these accessibility options means most trophy hunters are just going to zip through the additional modes as quick as possible and without much enjoyment. And I don’t blame them either.. why put in the work if your achievement is going to be completely devalued anyways.

It’s a bit of a shame too because TLoU is actually one of the very few games I’ve played where I feel like the difference between an ‘Easy’ and ‘Hard’ mode playthrough changes the gameplay so drastically that it actually feels like an entirely new experience. It forces you to play in an entirely different way, and makes the game feel more survival horror with an insane amount of tension at points. I’ve only played Grounded in the first game but it was amazing!

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

Doing permadeath on grounded right now. This is stupid. It's both easy and hard. Fucking clickers man... I took everybody's advice in this thread and shot the runner grabbing Dina (subway tunnels area) rather than melee-ing it to avoid the rapidly approaching clicker. Worked a charm until Dina decided to leisurely jog up the escalator. I couldn't pass her and the clicker got me. I'm guessing the way to do it safely is to pass in front of her, then turn around and shoot the runner.

It really sucks losing a chapter's worth of progress, especially at the very end. I'm guessing you could do a full playthrough on very easy in about 8 hours (skipping cutscenes) and never die once. I'm on Seattle Day 1, and I've probably lost 2 hours already due to clickers. It begs the question whether you should separate the playthroughs. 

Anyways, if you're hellbent on combining the playthroughs, a quick piece of advice is to start with the courthouse immediately upon entering the "open world" downtown area. It's the only hard part, and if you leave it for last you risk losing all the items you just searched the map for.

**Edit - If you try and pass Dina, the runner that's grabbing her kills her. Guess you just gotta hope she hustles up the stairs or possibly toss a Molotov at the clicker, idk.

Edited by NeFwed
Found out I was wrong.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sirdavid89 said:

Hi! 

So, to be safe and have no glitches when you start it up, all combat accessibility options are allowed for the Grounded trophy? Like for example: Enemies don't flank, reduced enemy perception, etc?

Hi! Yes, they are all allowed for use.

• Like 1

On 14/8/2020 at 9:59 PM, SlowQuorex said:

Many people wonder if accessibility settings violate getting the new Grounded and Permadeath trophies. Now I can confirm that accessibility settings DO NOT violate getting those two trophies. Actually every accessibility option the game allows you to enable during your Grounded or Permadeath playthrough is free to use. In-game cheats (aka "gameplay modifiers") as one shot kills and infinite ammo which are not allowed to be used for getting these trophies will be locked anyway. So if the game allows you to turn something on – you may feel free to turn it on (you can even use listening mode on Grounded).

Grounded+ is counted towards Grounded trophy.

Using "invisibility while prone" and "slow motion" settings actually turns Grounded into a piece of cake. I easily managed to beat Grounded in Permadeath mode due to these settings. To sum up:
- you are allowed to go Grounded+ to make things easier
- you are allowed to use accessibility settings to make things incredibly super extra easy
- it is very easy to go for Grounded and Permadeth in one playthrough if you are familiar and good with the game (if otherwise – don't)

So you confirm that playing directly on Grouded Plus the trophy pops at the end? Thank you!

I've died twice already on the Patrol mission lmao... Idk if I'm missing something, or being too conservative with ammo or what. I "stealth kill" a runner, which alerts the others, so i lay down. Seems like every time I try to go prone they end up running into me thanks to Dina or whatever.. Maybe I just blow.

Edit: Problem solved, I forgot stealth kill was triangle and not square. Crisis averted lol.

Edited by MrJAMBA

I'm currently doing grounded+ and plan on very light permadeath later. I only wanted to do one playthrough but I'm personally glad I didn't. I've died several times and losing that progress to me just isn't worth it. Grounded has been fairly generous in terms of checkpoints during the combat sections which I wasn't expecting.

• Like 1