Is it time to increase our PS4 game collections?

thekingsman123

26 minutes ago, Draps-1337 said:

Fellow Aussie, I've been considering it, but my backlog is so huge, buying more games would be more of a collector decision I think. Seeing games get taken from the digital store is already heart wrenching, Trying to find physical copies of Danganronpa 1-3 and spinoffs in Australia is a nightmare and the prices have already risen to $90 - $200 for some of them.

You can still get Danganronpa Trilogy from JB Hifi. I bought one for $70 about 3 weeks ago.

Otherwise, Reload, V3 and UDG will need to be bought second hand. The only one I don't have is Reload which is hard to justify as Trilogy makes it completely redundant.

The vita versions are long gone locally unless you want to pay $100+ to European sellers on eBay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thekingsman123 said:

You can still get Danganronpa Trilogy from JB Hifi. I bought one for $70 about 3 weeks ago.

Otherwise, Reload, V3 and UDG will need to be bought second hand. The only one I don't have is Reload which is hard to justify as Trilogy makes it completely redundant.

The vita versions are long gone locally unless you want to pay $100+ to European sellers on eBay.

I'm in Vic, so we're in full lockdown. So I can't go to JB HI FI, I tried looking at the website but it doesn't come up in searches. :'(

36 minutes ago, Draps-1337 said:

I'm in Vic, so we're in full lockdown. So I can't go to JB HI FI, I tried looking at the website but it doesn't come up in searches. :'(

Oh shit, didn't know. You'll have to go in store and ask the games staff to get a copy delivered to your nearest outlet at that rate.  

Edited by thekingsman123

On 9/4/2020 at 2:55 PM, Draps-1337 said:

Fellow Aussie, I've been considering it, but my backlog is so huge, buying more games would be more of a collector decision I think. Seeing games get taken from the digital store is already heart wrenching, Trying to find physical copies of Danganronpa 1-3 and spinoffs in Australia is a nightmare and the prices have already risen to $90 - $200 for some of them.
There are also a few games I got digitally or in PS Plus that I am unsure if I want to buy a physical copy for. But collecting games has this strange circumstance that they only retain their value as long as there is a console to play it on. And it's already getting to the point that if your NES or PS1 dies, getting a replacement is nigh impossible. Books, on the other hand, exist as long a someone can read them and they are appropriately cared for. So I don't feel bad collecting them.

A rock and a hard place.
TL;DR:
Yeah, I'm going to buy a few grand worth of PS4 games in the next 12 months...

I'm looking for Danganronpa 1.2 Reload as well, I have V3 and Ultra Despair girls but the seller I got Reload from on eBay sold the copy in store before they could take it off eBay so had to get a refund and haven't found another decent priced copy since. i have seen a lot of Japanese copies but I can't read japanese and don't know if you can change the text language

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 10:21 AM, Madara Uchiha said:

I'm looking for Danganronpa 1.2 Reload as well, I have V3 and Ultra Despair girls but the seller I got Reload from on eBay sold the copy in store before they could take it off eBay so had to get a refund and haven't found another decent priced copy since. i have seen a lot of Japanese copies but I can't read japanese and don't know if you can change the text language

Yeah, I feel you, I can read/write/speak a little Japanese but not enough for half the words that show up in VNs :'( I'll be keeping my eye out

• Like 1

On 2‏/9‏/2020 at 3:39 AM, thekingsman123 said:

Wow! I didn't even know that Godzilla game got a PS4 release? We got the PS3 version in Australia but not the PS4 port! Damn, that's rare.

Angry Joe did an angry review for the ps4 port, it's hilarious, you should watch it.

Edited by yellowwindow7

On 07/09/2020 at 10:21 AM, Madara Uchiha said:

Finally got them all.

The PS Vita versions were all bought at release ($60 each) going back to 2014.

As for PS4:

1.2 Reload: $48 from EB Games

Ultra Despair Girls: $35 off Gumtree

Trilogy: $79 (I think) from JB Hifi

V3 Killing Harmony: $25 from JB Hifi

zYgofln.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, thekingsman123 said:

Finally got them all.

The PS Vita versions were all bought at release ($60 each) going back to 2014.

As for PS4:

1.2 Reload: $48 from EB Games

Ultra Despair Girls: $35 off Gumtree

Trilogy: $79 (I think) from JB Hifi

V3 Killing Harmony: $25 from JB Hifi

zYgofln.jpg

Your so lucky, I got a copy from EB games as well but it had no cover art so I returned it. I might resort to just getting the trilogy

14 minutes ago, thekingsman123 said:

I was lucky with 1.2 Reload. For some reason, my local store always had a copy so I just picked it up last week.

You can only click and collect 1.2 reload on the EB Games website and the only copy around me is the one i returned

7 minutes ago, Madara Uchiha said:

You can only click and collect 1.2 reload on the EB Games website and the only copy around me is the one i returned

That's what I don't get when games don't have their covers at EB? It's a common problem.

And for a game like Danganronpa where it's more likely to be bought by an adult than a child, what on earth would they have actually done with the cover?

3 minutes ago, thekingsman123 said:

That's what I don't get when games don't have their covers at EB? It's a common problem.

And for a game like Danganronpa where it's more likely to be bought by an adult than a child, what on earth would they have actually done with the cover?

That's what I said to the guy when I returned it, I just don't understand how people can get the disc and chuck away the case. Part of the fun with games is looking at the box art