Here's why I'm not excited about PS5...

jackmadrox

12 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Pre-orders have been a thing since the atari 2600, only in the past decade have people started complaining about it. Broken games were released long before patches were a thing, nothing is new there

Thanks for quoting me "history" that I lived thru and experienced first hand that happened before you were even alive. I'm sure glad you were here to set me straight and clear up my confusion. 

Edited by PSXtreme_
/s
  • Like 1

Honestly, I feel this buggy, microtransactions fuckfest is an EA, Ubi, Actvision thing. And even then, they released games I feel happy about without spending an extra dime outside of the dlc for singleplayer related content (AC Origins, Odyssey and Sekiro).

Much of the bad side of the industry comes from and because multiplayer games. If you're into that, then you're worries are justified, I guess... I'm all in for PS5 because of their 1st party lineup, that's my gold mine of fun. I honestly have played every 1st party released on PS4 at least 3 full playthroughs.

• Like 1

If you want to blame someone for the current state of gaming, blame gamers. We vote with our wallets and it's crystal clear microtransactions are an easy way for companies to make a profit. How to fix it? Simple, don't buy any games with microtransactions, and if you do, don't spend a cent on any microtransactions.

• Like 2

Same. I've no interest in another generation. So the current one will be my last. Haven't enjoyed this gen at all really. I'll stick to retro gaming I think ?

29 minutes ago, theSpirae said:

If you want to blame someone for the current state of gaming, blame gamers. We vote with our wallets and it's crystal clear microtransactions are an easy way for companies to make a profit. How to fix it? Simple, don't buy any games with microtransactions, and if you do, don't spend a cent on any microtransactions.

Problem is so many people just see them as part of gaming now. So they use them. Infact there was a petition for Animal Crossing on switch to introduce them as people wanted microtransaction cancer in the game...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

This argument makes no sense. If you want to continue playing video games you will have to upgrade. I guess you are retiring? ?

Not anytime soon. :P Just saying that's why I'm not excited for next gen yet. And you make me sound like I'm old. xD 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

Most people seem to think the current state of gaming is bad?  I don't.  I mean, I can generally find more than enough to play that I'm interested in and cheaply enough too.  Of course, there's some stuff I'm not interesting in too, but I'm not going to let it's existence ruin the rest for me.

• Like 2

I must be a sucker for new tech. I am very much excited for PS5. If it is for Spider Man, Ratchet & Clank and Horizon. My experience must be different. I have rarely ran into buggy games, but than again I don't buy to many new games. The last game I remember getting new and was buggy was Battlefield 4 on launch of PS4. 

As far as Microtransactions and remasters. If a person don't like it don't buy it. Simple as that. Just my two cents.

5 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

Most people seem to think the current state of gaming is bad?  I don't.  I mean, I can generally find more than enough to play that I'm interested in and cheaply enough too.  Of course, there's some stuff I'm not interesting in too, but I'm not going to let it's existence ruin the rest for me.

There's plenty of stuff I don't like about the current state of gaming, but I still find a lot I enjoy. 

I'm looking forward to PS5 but I do agree with your points. I especially resonate with your point about game releasing in a broken state. I have no idea why in the hell this is deemed acceptable in this day and age. It wouldn't be considered acceptable with any other form of media. Yet it's somehow considered the norm with video games that they'll release full of bugs and then the developer will maybe release a patch at some point down the line to fix those bugs. It is, and I cannot stress this enough, NOT ACCEPTABLE, for developers to release their games with those bugs in the first place. Not when we're all paying our hard-earned money for them.

• Like 1

I think you can find the games that appeal to you. If you look for the buggy broken multiplayer centric games and pay to win/microtransaction fest games, you will find them. If you look for the opposite and polished single player games, you will find those too. I believe there will be a variety of games on the next generation just like this one. There are tons of great games that release and are tons of fun, you just have to look for them. I also play games that have released a few years back so if there was an issue at launch and they had a ton of patches it doesn't affect me now. In fact I'm getting the best version of the game because of all the work the developers have put in before and after launch.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 2:43 PM, Zenpai said:

Try playing more Japanese games. A cursory look through your profile tells me you've played nearly none.

Loads more fun, a lot less bullshit.

Sony first-party games are good for what you're itching for, too.

Piggy backing off your reply to the OP, but what JRPG's would you recommend? 

For every high-profile disaster there was, there were dozens of awesome games that were well-crafted and worth every penny and didn't have the gall to try and charge you more. Sony hit it out of the park this generation with first-party titles (and I've only scratched the surface of them, really) and I've no doubt they'll do it again next gen. And plenty of third-party devs are constantly putting out sweet releases. There's gonna be duds every generation but they're easy to predict and avoid by now.

• Like 4

You might don't know, but there was several games, like a lot, that were released buggy, unfinished and etc. The most heart breaking examples like VTM:Bloodlines, Driv3r, there are more, if look really deep. Plus those time were easy for both, developers and players, worlds are small, environment is limited, character's abilities are grounded.

Currently you're able to do much more with NPC, including to move it in a trank of car, and kill it 1000 ways, when back than it was common that them were just a part of decoration, the same immortal and unbreakable. Games like GTA 5 back then were dreams, and there is nothing really that bad to the dream factory to make big money. Getting one GTA 5 for example you're getting more than 100 games from 2005 in every possible scale imaginable, as current games 100x times superior to everything that was before.

Worth to mention - DLC, back than there were no additional contents to games, and it is not that good when you look at it. Didn't you want to have expanded experience in heart content, instead of waiting for a year or two for a sequel that adding one thing, and removing others, due to the same problem - limit. And how that this couldn't be charged, even if this content intentionally been cut, the games nowadays are worth that price alone. 

Compare RDR and RDR2 and read your post, how nonsense it sounds really.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 8:30 PM, jackmadrox said:

A new generation of gaming, what an exciting time, right? Not to me. 

It's not even the console itself that I'm not excited about. It's more the games that are going to come out for it. Let me explain.

Look at how games are released today: broken, buggy and unfinished

had to stop reading here. imo that's a 2013-2014 problem, not 2020