Games that you regret starting a platinum and are now stuck forever on your trophy list

MarcusPunisher

Why would I regret my choices of games? A game is a game. If I didn't finish it because it didn't appeal my interest and is now stuck on my profile, whatever. Unless this thread is aimed at people who bought Little Adventure On The Prairie.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Crzy Minus said:

Why would I regret my choices of games? A game is a game. If I didn't finish it because it didn't appeal my interest and is now stuck on my profile, whatever. Unless this thread is aimed at people who bought Little Adventure On The Prairie.

Cause maybe like in my example, you stumbled on a game you were curious and then decided that it's not for you for whatever reason so you're never gonna finish. But 1 trophy unlocked and now it's stuck on that trophy list. So now I regret for ever having Mighty Number 9, cause it's a terrible game, but it's on my trophy list forever. 

• Like 1

I wish we had the ability to remove some games.

There was a game back on the PS3 that I tried - Spartacus Legends - cause I liked the TV Show and wanted to see how it was.

It's an online-only PSN Game that was free. Tried it for a total of 10 minutes before realizing I didn't like it. 

Now the game's been delisted and the servers have been shut down, but because I've earned one trophy on it - it's pretty much dead real estate for me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rello-Evante said:

I wish we had the ability to remove some games.

There was a game back on the PS3 that I tried - Spartacus Legends - cause I liked the TV Show and wanted to see how it was.

It's an online-only PSN Game that was free. Tried it for a total of 10 minutes before realizing I didn't like it. 

Now the game's been delisted and the servers have been shut down, but because I've earned one trophy on it - it's pretty much dead real estate for me.

eyyy, I got that on my hidden games list. lol

Grand Theft Auto V on the PS3. 

Terrible, terrible online community. Full of wankers, losers, dipshits and a bunch of kids who just do whatever the fuck they like. 

I didn’t find GTA Online quite as fun as the online in Red Dead Redemption. Still, wish I stuck with doing all the online trophies. Now I can’t do them all. 

• Like 3

I don't really care too much what is on my account.  When I first started my PSN account and wasn't interested in trophy hunting I started up like 10-20 random games I will never play again on PSNOW.  Completion doesnt really mean anything, if I am not enjoying a game there is no reason to keep playing it.  But I do wish My name is Mayo wasn't my first platinum haha.  

• Like 2

Ohh I know one : Diablo III Reaper of Souls. 

It is currently the only one that I don't want to play because eeeeeeeeeeh. 

Will probably do the whole game as one character then employ some help to level up the rest. Maybe I will complete it, maybe not! Only time will tell. 

There's not a lot I regret, even games with shutdown servers that are impossible now like Fear 2 or Crysis 2. I don't regret playing them because I enjoyed their respective campaigns.

However, looking at my list, why in the fuck did I play Pain? I unlocked 1 trophy, and it wasn't even from the base game, it was from a DLC. That was 12 years ago and despite all the trophies still being very much possible, I don't see myself EVER going back to that god awful game.

Mine is simple, that will be Marvel super heroes omega. The game no longer exist, so as I got no game, I'm forever stuck at an E, my completion score ruined due to this. They deleted the game before I got a chance to play it. The second one is Street fighter V Beta, No arcade mode and asked me to be online to play the game, when I just brought the game and a ps4, love the series since street fighter 2 arcade machine. I like to try the characters out first, couldn't do that as I had to have a Paid account with PlayStation. Worse idea ever to alienate the single players. I regret paying £40 for a game I couldn't play. 

• Like 1

Legend of Kay Anniversary. I ran into the crocodile temple glitch and got locked out. Other games I can’t finish because of a lack of skill I don’t mind - I’m not a completionist and take on any challenge. But not finishing a game because of a loser glitch they refused to fix (but did for steam) frustrates me. I poured a lot of time into getting good at that game and getting the collectibles and was on my way to what would have been a good plat. Oh well.

I think I have mentioned enough time now but I'll let you guess lol. 

Because of this game I cannot game anymore. I laugh about it, but its seriously fucked me up. Even tried starting a new profile but can't even bare to play a game on that either. Even had a pal bring his kid around who's one of those online gamer kids who make money for being awesome at gaming. 2 hours on this game and he wanted to retire lol. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

21 hours ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Legend of Kay Anniversary. I ran into the crocodile temple glitch and got locked out. Other games I can’t finish because of a lack of skill I don’t mind - I’m not a completionist and take on any challenge. But not finishing a game because of a loser glitch they refused to fix (but did for steam) frustrates me. I poured a lot of time into getting good at that game and getting the collectibles and was on my way to what would have been a good plat. Oh well.

Makes me wonder if the refusal to fix on here is because Sony charges for updates (and it's apparently rather pricey) and Steam doesn't.  The amounts I've heard are high enough that it could well be more than the total sales revenue of a game for an indie dev.

• Like 1

Death Stranding

Really seemed interesting and I'm a big Kojima fan. But this game is just boring and nonsensical to me, with what looks to be an overly, perniciously obnoxious post-game grind. Not looking forward to finishing it off.

• Like 2

I regret wasting my money on Death Stranding the game is just so boring.
The same thing goes with Metro 2033 the game is similar to Wolfenstein The New Order which I really enjoyed, got the Platinum in 1 day and 9 hours, but Metro 2033 is just idk, just don’t like it.

Edited by AnonymousPLC69
  • Like 1

The one thing that upsets me the most is glitched games. Games that you can not get the platinum because the game has some sort of glitch in it. That is the most frustrating thing for me. 

Putting that aside, I would go with pretty much any game I have not finished. However, a few that stick out in my mind would be; Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon (It was such a long grind and a terrible game overall), Thief (I thought that game was going to be so great and it was not), and Elder Scroll Online.

On 8/16/2020 at 4:00 AM, Copanele said:

Ohh I know one : Diablo III Reaper of Souls. 

It is currently the only one that I don't want to play because eeeeeeeeeeh. 

Will probably do the whole game as one character then employ some help to level up the rest. Maybe I will complete it, maybe not! Only time will tell. 

I actually loved this game. I thought it was a lot of fun. If you want some help finishing it, just let me know. I can download it and help you platinum it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StressEater said:

I actually loved this game. I thought it was a lot of fun. If you want some help finishing it, just let me know. I can download it and help you platinum it. 

Aye sir will do! I am just complaining because man i loved Diablo 2 and I think I am abit stuck in the past (grandpa me xD) but once I reinstall the blasted thing I will let you know, thanks!

56 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Aye sir will do! I am just complaining because man i loved Diablo 2 and I think I am abit stuck in the past (grandpa me xD) but once I reinstall the blasted thing I will let you know, thanks!

I too really enjoyed the second one. I even had the original one way back on the first PlayStation. 

Just give me a heads up before hand so I can download the game. I have to make some room for it.

I took a look at your list, you're going to need a lot of help, lol. It's actually not that hard though. I can probably get you through 90% of the trophy list in a couple days depending on how much time we can play and matching up our schedules. After that, its just grinding out the 500 bounties. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 9:53 PM, mcjonathan888 said:

I mean besides the plethora of PS3 games I innocently started years ago (prior to my trophy hunting days 1f629.png) that now have unobtainable online trophies, I would probably say Battlefront 1

Why battlefront? Cuz of those ridiculous trophies that would be next to impossible even with boosting?  ?