Domination question

AlexDeluxe1908

Okay thank you, I have only played 5 games on domination and completed spotlight for bird. I started to play in July and I have collected 1050 cards, most of them are premium, I miss 700 cards between 20 'current and 20' current series 2. Yesterday I started to use auction house intensively, every 4 hours, which boosted me of mt and cards (from 930 to 1050 cards). Do I have any chance of getting the trophy or is it too late?

3 hours ago, AlexDeluxe1908 said:

Okay thank you, I have only played 5 games on domination and completed spotlight for bird. I started to play in July and I have collected 1050 cards, most of them are premium, I miss 700 cards between 20 'current and 20' current series 2. Yesterday I started to use auction house intensively, every 4 hours, which boosted me of mt and cards (from 930 to 1050 cards). Do I have any chance of getting the trophy or is it too late?

You should be able to do finish this. I had 1100 cards on beginning of August and now I'm with 2770 cards and still 50 cards available on Domination. Just work on AH with Opals. For me it was the best way to maximize profit to atleast 100-200k per day (and about 2m MTs only at this weekend). I'm using AH every 4 hours except night and spending there about 2-3 hours a day max.

Edited by SaviorKIA
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlexDeluxe1908 said:

I am currently using the auction house to buy and resell amethysts and diamonds, but I have never tried with opals. What should be the budget to start with?

20 times 10-20k to test cards and prices. And then 50 times the card amount to use all AH slots. Then you just replace every card you've sold with same one and use profit for bidding/buying cards for collection.

1 hour ago, AlexDeluxe1908 said:

Okay i'll give a shot, thank you guys!

It's a little bit time consuming on start, but after you select your profit cards it's just goes to login every 4 hours to refill cards. You will surely get your platinum sooner or later. Probably 2K20 will stay alive for a little bit longer this year, because 2K21 on current gen gonna be exactly the same as 2K20 and a lot of ppl will wait for next gen, so they won't have to buy Mamba Forever or pay twice for the game.

It is difficult to buy an opal at a good price, in half an hour I was able to buy only one opal at 12k and resell it at 25k, then I switched to my usual method with amethysts and diamonds. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, i'll try again this afternoon. About nba 2k21, i did not consider this aspect, so you are probably right and in this case i have more time for the trophy

41 minutes ago, AlexDeluxe1908 said:

It is difficult to buy an opal at a good price, in half an hour I was able to buy only one opal at 12k and resell it at 25k, then I switched to my usual method with amethysts and diamonds. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, i'll try again this afternoon. About nba 2k21, i did not consider this aspect, so you are probably right and in this case i have more time for the trophy

Yes, you have plenty of time for this trophy. It will take a long time for the markets to change drastically. In terms of the auction house, you should definitely focus on the strategy that works best for you. 

4 hours ago, AlexDeluxe1908 said:

Were you using card with market price at 25k? Example how I work on Opals: buy specified card at lowest price you find (don't snipe it, it's waste of time for 1-2k more profit per card), then resell it with 8-10k profit. You should sell like 5-20% of cards every 4 hours (sometimes I even sell up to 40% of them). Then after 4 hours refill cards you sold and place 50 cards again. Believe me, I'm selling cards for 8k more than standard price of those cards and people are still buying them. That's because when they search specific card without price filters, they scroll a little bit and see only cards at this price, so they just buy them. Most of people have tons of MTs and it's almost end of game so they don't care as much about few grants.

The only thing time consuming thing is the beginning. You have to test few cards (e.g. 4-5 different at once) and use 2-3 most profitable. Then continue with them and if you see that one of them is below 10% (e.g. 0-1 sold per 15) every 4 hours then just start looking for another card. You should still be able to sell remaining cards at the same price you bought it without any problems.

5-10 cards sold per 50 seems a bit low, but if you count it 5-6 times a day and do some maths, you will see that you make stable 150-400k profit a day, without much work. I never dropped below 100k a day and only at this weekend I earned more than 2 millions.

I will have 2900 cards in 6 weeks and probably I could have it in 4 weeks if started using this method much earlier. For me this is the least time consuming and fast method, but not the fastest.

Edited by SaviorKIA
  • Like 2

On 8/17/2020 at 9:37 AM, SaviorKIA said:

Were you using card with market price at 25k? Example how I work on Opals: buy specified card at lowest price you find (don't snipe it, it's waste of time for 1-2k more profit per card), then resell it with 8-10k profit. You should sell like 5-20% of cards every 4 hours (sometimes I even sell up to 40% of them). Then after 4 hours refill cards you sold and place 50 cards again. Believe me, I'm selling cards for 8k more than standard price of those cards and people are still buying them. That's because when they search specific card without price filters, they scroll a little bit and see only cards at this price, so they just buy them. Most of people have tons of MTs and it's almost end of game so they don't care as much about few grants.

The only thing time consuming thing is the beginning. You have to test few cards (e.g. 4-5 different at once) and use 2-3 most profitable. Then continue with them and if you see that one of them is below 10% (e.g. 0-1 sold per 15) every 4 hours then just start looking for another card. You should still be able to sell remaining cards at the same price you bought it without any problems.

5-10 cards sold per 50 seems a bit low, but if you count it 5-6 times a day and do some maths, you will see that you make stable 150-400k profit a day, without much work. I never dropped below 100k a day and only at this weekend I earned more than 2 millions.

I will have 2900 cards in 6 weeks and probably I could have it in 4 weeks if started using this method much earlier. For me this is the least time consuming and fast method, but not the fastest.

Are you targeting high end opals (50k and above) or lower end ones? Not asking for specific cards since we're essentially competing against each other for MT but just interested in which ones you're going for. It seems like every day the market Im targeting crashes and I have to find a new one and its getting annoying xD

54 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

Are you targeting high end opals (50k and above) or lower end ones? Not asking for specific cards since we're essentially competing against each other for MT but just interested in which ones you're going for. It seems like every day the market Im targeting crashes and I have to find a new one and its getting annoying xD

10-25k range. Was swapping cards every 7-10 days. Newer cards and cards that price dropped because new packs release were the best shot for me. Lately I was working on GOATs, before that on NBA Is Back cards and some higher priced PD that went lower cause they got OPALs.

It doesn't matter if you invest 500k or 1m in card rotation. If you are using my method you get same profit per card and it all depends on sell rate. At the end if you see that you have enough MT to finish collection just sell the rest of AH cards at standard price for quick MT release and finish collection.

Edited by SaviorKIA

UPDATE:
I tried to use your method, but I still don't have the money to buy 50 opals, at the moment I' m buying and selling 15-20 opals, diamonds and amethysts to get extra mt. I currently have 1250 cards, 200 more since I wrote in this forum and most I have bought are premium. Which cards should I buy first? Premium, heat check or current nba 1-2?

9 minutes ago, AlexDeluxe1908 said:

UPDATE:
I tried to use your method, but I still don't have the money to buy 50 opals, at the moment I' m buying and selling 15-20 opals, diamonds and amethysts to get extra mt. I currently have 1250 cards, 200 more since I wrote in this forum and most I have bought are premium. Which cards should I buy first? Premium, heat check or current nba 1-2?

If you don't have money for 50 opals, you should stop buying any cards for a while to start utilizing all 50 slots. I think you should go for Heat Checks first cause they prices are going higher and there are less and less cards available. I was buying them 1-2 weeks ago for 1,5-3k and this week I was selling them for 4-8k (a lot of HCs weren't even on AH). Silvers from Current NBA 1 also went high, but it's because people were using them to get MTs, so they should drop in few days. Other cards seems to be stable for now.

9 hours ago, AlexDeluxe1908 said:

Alright then, I have another question: do I use tokens to redeem players (have I redeemed all emerald, sapphire and ruby players without ever redeem an amethyst) or do I use them to open lights out packs or 750 tokens pack?

I personally did not buy a single pack using tokens on my way to GOAT Collector. Some people have and it can provide a small amount of MT, so you can consider this if you have spare tokens. Depending on market conditions, it's probably worth buying the cards up to the Pink Diamond or Galaxy Opal tier. It'll save you MT in the end because the last cards will be by far the most expensive. Of course, you should use your best judgment because this heavily depends on the current price of cards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tentativeuser said:

I personally did not buy a single pack using tokens on my way to GOAT Collector. Some people have and it can provide a small amount of MT, so you can consider this if you have spare tokens. Depending on market conditions, it's probably worth buying the cards up to the Pink Diamond or Galaxy Opal tier. It'll save you MT in the end because the last cards will be by far the most expensive. Of course, you should use your best judgment because this heavily depends on the current price of cards. 

I did the same. You got like 100+ cards for free with tokens (I had all from emeralds to diamonds). It will save you about 1m MTs at the end.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, AlexDeluxe1908 said:

Update: now I have 1705 cards, i haven't bought current series and current series 2 cards yet, I haven't used tickets to buy amethysts yet and I only need 8 heat check cards, which cost 10000+ mt. Do I have to buy them? (Your method to increase mt is awesome).

No, you won't need to buy the remaining cards. There are approximately 3400 obtainable cards right now and you only need 2900, so you are doing incredibly well if you're only missing 8 Heat Check cards. I would prioritize the other affordable premium sets for now and then do Series 1/2. Save Series 2 for last since they are by far the most abundant.

I started sniping some heat checks for 800-1.5k mt, then I was very lucky because were people who were selling entire rare heat check teams (like hornets) for 3.5k-4.5k mt and finally I bought the remaining heat checks for 5k-6k mt. About premium cards, I miss a lot of spotlight sim cards (many of them cannot found or are sold at exaggerated prices) and buzzer beater cards, but I have 92/106 moments of the week cards. Also I miss several opals and few pink diamonds.

Edited by AlexDeluxe1908