Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Suminya

NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered officially announced (Release on November 6, 2020)

25 posts in this topic

About

Feel the thrill of the chase and the rush of escape in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered. Unleash a savage sense of speed both as an outlaw and a cop in the world’s hottest high-performance cars. Outsmart the heat or take down lawbreakers with the tactical weaponry at your disposal in a heart-pumping, socially competitive racing experience. Updated with enhanced visuals, cross-platform multiplayer—including the asynchronous competition powered by Autolog—plus all additional DLC content, this is the ultimate edition of Criterion Games’ critically acclaimed Need for Speed debut. It’s time to reignite the pursuit.

Key Features

• Race Your Friend with Cross-Play and Autolog – Bolt down Seacrest County headfirst behind the wheels of the world’s hottest high-performance cars, in racing that is socially competitive at its core. Connect with your friends in cross-platform, head-to-head pursuits and races, or get challenges delivered based on their activity for asynchronous competition through the highly dynamic Autolog system. Autolog is also supported with cross-platform sync, so you can make a mark on your friends’ Speedwalls no matter if they’re playing on PS4, Xbox One, PC, or Nintendo Switch.
  • Enjoy Loads of Extra Content and Updates – Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered includes all main DLC – the SCPD Rebel Racer Pack, Super Sports Pack, Armed & Dangerous Pack, Lamborghini Untamed Pack, and Porsche Unleashed Pack – delivered at launch, with an extra six hours of gameplay and more than 30 challenges. We’ve added brand new achievements, car colors, wraps, reduced hard stops, an updated photo mode and gallery, and multiple quality of life updates, too, to create an even more well-rounded gameplay experience this time around.
  • Drive Exotic Supercars with Weapons – It wouldn’t be a Hot Pursuit without pushing the world’s most desirable supercars to their limits – on both sides of the law. Bust suspects in supercharged cop interceptors enhanced with tactical weaponry, or level the playing field with counterattacks and defensive maneuvers as an elite racer. Strategize to gain an edge over the competition, no matter what side you’re on!
  • Chase and Escape Together or Solo – A deep and fully-defined single-player career delivers the action of both sides, with a seamlessly linked multiplayer experience across all race modes. Take on friends or play through the career solo to earn Bounty and unlock new cars, weapons, and equipment.
  • Experience a Timeless Racing Game with Enhanced Visuals – Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered has been upgraded for today’s generation of hardware with enhanced visuals. The Nintendo Switch version runs at 1080p/30 FPS in docked mode (720p/30 FPS undocked) and includes higher-resolution models, more objects and props, longer draw distance, higher resolution shadows, and improved videos. Depending on your specifications, 4K/60 FPS is supported on PC, and players can choose between 4K/30 FPS or 1080p/60 FPS on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X. Base versions of PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will run the game at 1080p/30 FPS. In addition to the listed improvements for the Nintendo Switch version, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC versions are also updated with upressed UI, higher resolution reflections, boosted textures, more particles, and improved AA/SSAO.

Orignal post

Spoiler

The listing only showed versions for Switch and Xbox One, but it will most likely also launch on PS4 as well. It would be a massive surprise to me if it doesn't.

ZySZnr3.png

Edited by Suminya

So it is confirmed that it will be Hot Pursuit 2010, not any of OG?

But...but...is this NFS: Hot Pursuit (1998) or NFS: Hot Pursuit (2010)? My guess is probably the latter. Both games are great either one. What EA needs to do is get all of the classic NFS games under a single remastered collection package of sorts and I'd buy those in a heartbeat.

Hot Pursuit (2010) was phenomenal, though. My favorite NFS game from the past generation. Criterion Games did an excellent job on it. I wouldn't mind going for the Platinum again on PS4. :D

Yeah, pretty sure this was announced some time ago, maybe unofficially.

Yes, it is the 2010 version.  Of all the possible NFS games to remaster, they chose this turd?

Edited by djb5f

5 hours ago, djb5f said:

Yeah, pretty sure this was announced some time ago, maybe unofficially.

Yes, it is the 2010 version.  Of all the possible NFS games to remaster, they chose this turd?

I was thinking the same, but then i realised, that it is way easier to remaster a ps3 game, then anything prior. Also it's from criterion games, which is now back in charge of the series so that makes sense too. Still would have prefered the underground titles or the OG Most Wanted.

That was actually a pretty great and I think very original trailer so massive props on that, I liked Hot Pursuit so I might pick this one up pretty cheap.

The Platinum for PS3 version left me with my hands hurting for weeks.

Sure, I'll go for the PS4 Remastered Platinum.

The look his girl gave him at 1'30'' at the trailer... oh, I know it so well! hahahaha

i remember playing it on the ps3.... 

those challenges are great. need absolute perfection and knowledge of short-cuts to beat the best times.

edit: if there's pre-order bonus i might actually get it on day 1 within download when it comes out.

Edited by kingdrake2

That was one silly trailer. xP

At least the game comes with all DLC included. That's cool. I can see myself getting the Platinum on this one again, but much, much later down the road. When I can get it for like $10 or less during a sale, haha. xxD

Still, awesome game. Loved it on PS3. Very much recommended.

That's got to be the best ever trailer for a remaster, surely.

Fond memories of playing the original game, and I'm a big fan of the series, so I'll likely be picking this up at some point.

Update regarding resolution/framerate:

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered has been upgraded for today’s generation of hardware with enhanced visuals. The Nintendo Switch version runs at 1080p/30 FPS in docked mode (720p/30 FPS undocked) and includes higher-resolution models, more objects and props, longer draw distance, higher resolution shadows, and improved videos.

Depending on your specifications, 4K/60 FPS is supported on PC, and players can choose between 4K/30 FPS or 1080p/60 FPS on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X. Base versions of PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will run the game at 1080p/30 FPS. In addition to the listed improvements for the Nintendo Switch version, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC versions are also updated with upressed UI, higher resolution reflections, boosted textures, more particles, and improved AA/SSAO.

Edited by Suminya

On 16/08/2020 at 10:13 PM, grimydawg___ said:

I actually like that one

Me too. I rarely enjoy NfS games, but that one and Most Wanted was fun.

On 6.10.2020 at 2:35 AM, Suminya said:

Update regarding resolution/framerate:

That's a big letdown. How is it possible that a game that looks just very slightly better than the original only runs on 30 fps on base consoles... -_-

Thats a great ad :D

10 hours ago, westersburg said:

That's a big letdown. How is it possible that a game that looks just very slightly better than the original only runs on 30 fps on base consoles... -_-

Annoying, but i guess i will just buy this after PS5 is out and get that 60fps.

On ‎06‎.‎10‎.‎2020 at 1:51 AM, WeprCZ said:

I just hope, they will remaster NFS: Most Wanted some day.

My last Need for Speed until now was Most Wanted on Nintendo Gamecube, a Remake would be great, a Remaster is just a HD Upgrade, nothing more. I actually play Need for Speed Payback because of PS Plus, the game is fun, but this Story... made from 12 year old Boys for 12 year old Boys.

Edited by Sikutai

I'd pay the 80€ for a proper remake of the 2002 NFS: Hot Pursuit 2...

that was an incredible game

this one was ok, but the series was orbiting between ok-ish and good-ish for a while now.

Cmon EA, give us NFS Hot pursuit, Most Wanted and Carbon remasters... (also Dead Space HD Collection...)

48 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

My last Need for Speed until now was Most Wanted on Nintendo Gamecube, a Remake would be great, a Remaster is just a HD Upgrade, nothing more. I actually play Need for Speed Payback because of PS Plus, the game is fun, but this Story... made from 12 year old Boys for 12 year old Boys.

Yes but there are remasters which are kinda impressive (for example modern warfare 1+2 remastered) and remaster like this, which are basically pc ports of the original. I don't even compare this to remakes like RE2+3, Crash Bandicoot and Mafia 1

I’m on PS4 Pro so it’s not that big of a deal for me, but isn’t it weird that the game runs at 1080p/30 on both base PS4 and Switch? When the switch should be much weaker? Are those settings so incredibly superior on PS4 that you end up at the same resolution/frames ratio? Feels like it’s the first time I see this with a game

Edited by Lovenewton

On 05/10/2020 at 7:51 PM, WeprCZ said:

I just hope, they will remaster NFS: Most Wanted some day.

That's what they should have done instead of this