Slime Climb

kanzenchaos

Big tip - you don't need to jump onto the 1st ones. Means you can focus purely on the 2nd jump to the sole balance beam. Sounds minor, but helped me a lot. The 1st ones look raised but you can walk straight onto them. 

Overall, I hate Slime Climb. I'm either top 5 ( even gotten 2 race wins), or I get eliminated, and it's because of the balance beams or 'bullies' right at the end. This is the main 'bully' course where people wait at the end just push people off. Can be really hard to avoid, and the devs should put the finish line RIGHT after the jawdropper pendulums IMO because unlike other courses falling off = instant elimination. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, NordicSaiyan said:

I feel you, mostly of the time I lose there be cause people don't stop pushing me out also

That's a problem too, it gets too crowded on the early levels

6 minutes ago, ShahinMiah said:

I’m sure you know this but make sure you’re dead centre on those and you should be fine :)

Yeah but I can't do it every time lol

3 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Big tip - you don't need to jump onto the 1st ones. Means you can focus purely on the 2nd jump. 

I hate Slime Climb. I'm either top 5 (gotten 2 race wins), or I get eliminated, and it's because of the balance beams. Also this is the main 'bully' course where people wait at the end and push people off. Can be really hard to avoid, and the devs should put the finish line RIGHT after the jawdropper pendulums IMO.

Yeah the 2nd jump is what kills me, and true very few ppl make it. I think 1 or 2 of my 1st place were on this stage.

Playing this on PC so I am not thinking about trophies and just enjoying the game but those rollers were annoying.  A couple things I noticed is you need to be basically directly in the middle. Also do not let the "Race"  make you think you need to go fast.  If there is a group let them go first then take your shot most people are bad and will fall and that level usually comes down to just finishing it because so many people usually get eliminated.  

• Like 1

Just now, iGGTheEnd said:

Playing this on PC so I am not thinking about trophies and just enjoying the game but those rollers were annoying.  A couple things I noticed is you need to be basically directly in the middle. Also do not let the "Race"  make you think you need to go fast.  If there is a group let them go first then take your shot most people are bad and will fall and that level usually comes down to just finishing it because so many people usually get eliminated.  

I always let everyone go first, but usually when I fail it 2-3 times it's enough for the slime to catch up.

Just now, kanzenchaos said:

I always let everyone go first, but usually when I fail it 2-3 times it's enough for the slime to catch up.

Ya this mode only gives you a couple mistakes before it is over.  But practice makes perfect and after playing that map a handful of times you should get that obstacle down.  The only problem is the game doesn't give you slime time a whole lot so it is kind of hard to practice.  Being calm on that map makes all the difference.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nightstream88 said:

99% of the time I always get screwed over on that jump after the rolling balls, if it was just a few people on the course I probably wouldn't have too much difficulty passing it.
Think I only gotten pass this course twice.

yeah, that is the one trouble area for me.  The masses make it hard to make the jumps.  Starting position is very important in this one, you have to beat the riff raff getting there or forget about it!

1 minute ago, closertim said:

Used to hate this course but now since I have the hang of it I love it.  Also means if you complete it the next round will be the final since so many people get eliminated.  

Yes, agree, even though I sometimes fail because of too many people bunched up not allowing you to make the jumps, I still welcome this event because it fast tracks the episode to the final.  Worth the risk.

• Like 1

The key in this level is: patience. Learn the obstacles and the timing. Even by starting last, it's easy to be one of the few getting to the finish line if one manages to keep calm. There is plenty of time for at least 2 or 3 mistakes, even with the slime rising. The worst bit for me were the yellow cylinders, but I learned to just walk straight on the first one and halfway through the second one I would jump to the platform not to risk it. I can't remember the last time I fell. If it is crowded, just let a few players pass, they will probably fall anyway. No rush

• Like 1

During my experiences, Slime Climb is a cake if you get ahead of the pack using the two shortcuts. I can easily get across the beans and finished 1st several times. BUT, if I make a mistake in front of the beans and get caught in the mosh pit, 99% sure I will get eliminated

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kaltezhan said:

During my experiences, Slime Climb is a cake if you get ahead of the pack using the two shortcuts. I can easily get across the beans and finished 1st several times. BUT, if I make a mistake in front of the beans and get caught in the mosh pit, 99% sure I will get eliminated

Yeah specially at the 2nd sets of moving walls (the ones you need to jump), it gets really tricky when lots of ppl try to get through at once.

11 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Take it slow and time your first jump when nobody's around

So if the crowd catches up I'm basically screwed? That's what I thought lol

4 minutes ago, DPsx7 said:

What cylinders? Unless you're first out of the gate on that stupid level (extremely rare) there's practically no way to break through the crowd at the second set of pushers. Takes too long to run around and try again.

Yeah that's what happens on my experience. The cylinders are the 3 yellow things you need to land right in the center, see the meme below.

t2qfz7zvlof51.jpg

I feel this level requires both luck, skill and understanding of how it works. Sometimes, I qualify or even manage to win and other times I get eliminated almost immediately.

Anyway, for me winning an episode is a pretty rare event, so I actually have a video of one of my winning runs. I had a pretty awful first level of gate crash, but I managed to qualify, then I had a pretty good run of slime climb and I ended up winning the episode! Maybe it can help you, somehow:

7 minutes ago, Carol said:

I feel this level requires both luck, skill and understanding of how it works.

How is this level requires luck? If you are able to pass it, you will qualify to another round. You don't even need to be faster than other players - just be faster than the slime. Imho this is the only level that luck is irrelevant. 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2020 at 5:54 PM, kanzenchaos said:

Anyone else gets screwed by those 3 yellow cylinders 90% of the time?

Seriously I can't stand that anymore lol

Level 40 .... somewhere around 40 wins here (just to give an idea of difficulty of those cylinders). Those cylinders are the only thing left in the game that I still can't approach with 100% confidence.

I think it would be awesome if they came out with a level with only those cylinders. Kind of like See Saw, but with the Cylinders. That would be a lot of fun.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NieSwiety said:

How is this level requires luck? If you are able to pass it, you will qualify to another round. You don't even need to be faster than other players - just be faster than the slime. Imho this is the only level that luck is irrelevant. 

The luck on this level is starting position and how many people are bunched up with you, messing up your jumps or ability to get through obstacles.  Also, how many are trying to intentionally sabotage you.

You can still get through but like all modes, there is a luck element to it.   I think that is the joy of the game.  There should be more luck/RNG to it and less just follow the optimal path (those are all known and make the game boring).

31 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Use the little yellow pad to bounce up to the next level at the beginning of the race, that way you can skip the corner and it gives you a decent lead in front of the pack.

I wouldn't recommend that. It's just as bad if not worse than the pile at the pushers. The long way is actually quicker.