Digital Copy - Speedrun Glitch

Rayman391

I’m not sure how well known this is, I know the glitch was just assumed to have worked on early versions of the physical copy but I’ve just done it on the fully up to date digital version. It’s the same method as previous, play the prologue and then midway through chapter 1 (make sure your stats have reset from your original play through) you can quit and play the credits and the trophy should pop. I got the accuracy trophy doing it aswell. I always thought it was just for physical copies but someone on reddit said they’d managed to do it on their digital copy and it worked, turns out they were telling the truth. So as of August 2020 version 1.33 the glitch works.

3 hours ago, Rayman391 said:

I’m not sure how well known this is, I know the glitch was just assumed to have worked on early versions of the physical copy but I’ve just done it on the fully up to date digital version. It’s the same method as previous, play the prologue and then midway through chapter 1 (make sure your stats have reset from your original play through) you can quit and play the credits and the trophy should pop. I got the accuracy trophy doing it aswell. I always thought it was just for physical copies but someone on reddit said they’d managed to do it on their digital copy and it worked, turns out they were telling the truth. So as of August 2020 version 1.33 the glitch works.

Yes it does work, both physical and digital. You just have to stay at the oldest patch and it's good. This was never considerated as a "only disc" glitch.

3 hours ago, NkTSharpy said:

Got a video guide ?

It's in trophy guide. 

Edited by bunshing
  • Like 2

On 19.08.2020 at 11:13 PM, Phantochi said:

Same here, i did just like the guide, and also follow like 3 or 4 different youtube videos about this glitch,and it didn't worked for me, neither the speedrun trophy or the 70% accuracy trophy did pop, tried on the digital 1.33 version

I got %70 accuracy trophy, it had worked for me. Speedrun doesn't work. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2020 at 9:36 AM, KAdamsy1 said:

Can't get chapter select what am i doing wrong? On 1.33 digital and complete on crushing

EDIT: Got speedrun trophy had to download 1.00 digital version.

EDIT2: Got the 70% accuracy trophy also now

How you download de 1.00 digital version and not the updated one?

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/08/2020 at 4:53 PM, Rayman391 said:

I tried this glitch last night following the video in the guide and it did not work for me.

I've gone on ebay to get a second hand physical copy for £4 so I can play V1.00 to use the glitch and unlock the speed run trophy. 

I don't want to mess around trying to get the digital version downgrade to V1.00 so I'll spend a few quid for the sake of my 100th platinum before ps5 :D 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I would love to do this, but is it worth all the trouble? If you just use all in game cheats and play the speedrun, won’t it take as long as doing all these steps to get a glitch working?

Or is it really that hard?

Edit: I had to try the glitch on PS5 with updated version. Sharpshooter still unlocks, not the speedrun unfortunally.

Edit 2: Found a post on playstation.org that has a working sollution still in May 2021. Link

Edit 3: I don’t recommend doing the version from edit 2 on a PS5, as the trophy don’t syncs with servers atm, needs a sony update, I guess. I then redid it on my PS4, the trophy unlocked again and then it worked like a charm, syncing and all.

Edited by Morfea
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 04/05/2021 at 6:02 PM, Morfea said:

I would love to do this, but is it worth all the trouble? If you just use all in game cheats and play the speedrun, won’t it take as long as doing all these steps to get a glitch working?

Or is it really that hard?

Edit: I had to try the glitch on PS5 with updated version. Sharpshooter still unlocks, not the speedrun unfortunally.

Edit 2: Found a post on playstation.org that has a working sollution still in May 2021. Link

Edit 3: I don’t recommend doing the version from edit 2 on a PS5, as the trophy don’t syncs with servers atm, needs a sony update, I guess. I then redid it on my PS4, the trophy unlocked again and then it worked like a charm, syncing and all.

That method from the other site worked perfectly, and you don't even have to delete any profile saves. I did turn off the internet, but I didn't try it whilst connected, so I'm not even sure if that step is needed.

I got through crushing legitimately in around 6h 50m, but I had made a manual save at the start of chapter 13, as I was on a decent time at that point. Was gonna change the difficulty down just to go through the last half of the game, but it had the warning that changing difficulties can block trophies, and I didn't want the speedrun one glitching on me. Thought I'd try this method just to see,  and it popped immediately into the credits. 

This was on the latest update of the digital version obtained through PS+, so for anyone who just went over the 6 hours, or anyone like me who tried to combine the crushing and speedrun attempt into one go, I would say to use this method!

Edited by groomyboy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For those who would like to do the Speedrun legitimately, it may be easier than trying to make the glitch work.  Below are the benchmark times I hit in my playthrough, and finished with almost 11 minutes to spare.  Feel free to use as a reference for your playthroughs.  I got the under 6 hour playthrough on my first attempt at it, third playthrough of the game.  I also utilized several save slots so if I ended up late on the 6 hours, I could load my save file from prior to chapters I thought went particularly slow, and replay from there.  Did not need to though.

Apologies for some missing times, I logged the time whenever I saw the "Chapter 'X'" pop on screen and some I missed when I was skipping cutscenes.  Time corresponds to when that title popped on screen.  For example, chapter 2 began at 14 minutes, 47 seconds.

Uncharted 4 Time
  Hours Minutes Seconds
Chapter 1      
Chapter 2 0 14 47
Chapter 3 0 29 51
Chapter 4 0 39 39
Chapter 5 0 43 40
Chapter 6 0 49 32
Chapter 7 1 07 07
Chapter 8 1 16 25
Chapter 9 1 44 47
Chapter 10 2 02 02