Hitman 2's Ghost Mode shutting down on the 31st of August

Undead Wolf

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

IO Interactive made a post on their site detailing the game modes that will be in the upcoming Hitman 3. At the end of this post, they talk about how Ghost Mode won't be featured in the the new game, and the servers for Ghost Mode in Hitman 2 will be shut down on the 31st of August. Full quote below.

Source: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-game-modes/

I'm not familiar with the game or its trophy lists, so I can't speak to whether or not some trophies will be made unobtainable after this date. I do see the word "Multiplayer" mentioned in one of the game's trophies on the Additional Expansions list though. I would appreciate it if anyone with knowledge about the game could chime in. I planned on playing Hitman 2 eventually, but if the 100% won't be possible anymore, chances are I'll just skip it.

Nope, all 145 trophies are singleplayer, just 100% this game a few weeks ago

Only sniper coop is online

Edited by Thalactus24

Having read the other parts of their post, it's worth noting what they said about the Sniper Assassin mode, especially the last part.

Sniper Assassin
Dedicated to long-range assignments, Sniper Assassin tasks you with eliminating targets and guards without triggering an alarm, whilst completing challenges to boost your score multiplier. In HITMAN 3, Sniper Assassin can be played in existing maps as a single-player experience only. We are preparing to sunset the co-op servers in HITMAN 2 before the launch of HITMAN 3 and we’ll share an exact timeline and a solution to the mode’s multiplayer trophies in the coming months.

2 minutes ago, Thalactus24 said:

Nope, all 145 trophies are singleplayer, just 100% this game a few weeks ago

If that's the case, do you know what they meant in the quote above?

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

Having read the other parts of their post, it's worth noting what they said about the Sniper Assassin mode, especially the last part.

If that's the case, do you know what they meant in the quote above?

Yeah sorry i forgot about the sniper coop.

Sadly sniper coop does have trophies, but this ones are super easy, all you have to do is kill all targets and complete the mission in the 3 maps in coop, it can be done in 15 minutes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thalactus24 said:

Yeah sorry i forgot about the sniper coop.

Sadly sniper coop does have trophies, but this ones are super easy, all you have to do is kill all targets and complete the mission in the 3 maps in coop, it can be done in 15 minutes

1 minute ago, darkrequiem7 said:

There's one or two trophies for doing Sniper maps in co-op, but no trophies are related to the Ghost Mode competitive mode.

Ah okay, so no Ghost Mode multiplayer trophies, but there are some for the Sniper Assassin Mode. Even then, they are going to make a workaround for the trophies so they stay obtainable even after the servers close. I will update the opening post with this information, thanks.

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

Ah okay, so no Ghost Mode multiplayer trophies, but there are some for the Sniper Assassin Mode. Even then, they are going to make a workaround for the trophies so they stay obtainable even after the servers close. I will update the opening post with this information, thanks.

They said they're making a workaround? Just started downloading Hitman 2 as i was about to jump on these few trophies.

Just now, DEI2EK said:

They said they're making a workaround? Just started downloading Hitman 2 as i was about to jump on these few trophies.

Yeah, they mention how they're going to "share an exact timeline and a solution to the mode’s multiplayer trophies in the coming months" in the section about the game's Sniper Assassin Mode. IO Interactive definitely deserve praise for that since most devs would just leave them unobtainable.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Thropy_Croissant said:

I wouldn’t put too much faith in them providing a solution. They said the same for Hitman:Absolution and we all know how that played out 1f644.png

That's a little different. They split from Square Enix after those servers went down and now have no control over them what so ever. If they had control of those servers I 100% believe they would have brought them back somehow or worked out a workaround for the trophies.

There's a lot of shitty developers and publishers out there doing some shady shit but IOI should be respected by everyone as they are totally against all that stuff. It's why they went independent in the first place, so they could have complete control over what happens with Hitman.

• Like 3

That’s a shame - Ghost mode was an interesting and well made 1v1 game - but I can understand it disappearing.

It became quite difficult to find any randoms who would actually finish a game, rather than simply leave as soon as they fell a kill or two behind. I had a lot of fun playing with people I know, but pretty frustrating time with randoms.

At least I managed to get that beautiful Phantom Suit before it disappeared. 

As far as sniper mode goes, I never really understood why coop was included in those. Always felt odd, since the sniper maps are so dependent on doing specific objectives, and having 2 ppl pretty much just guaranteed a chaotic mess of a time.

in the end, the true ‘multiplayer’ in Hitman is the creation of contracts and seeing others try to beat them, and that won’t be going anywhere. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Can you do those 3 MP trophies straight away? And how long do they take to get?

I've been told 30 mins to 2 hours, and you can immediately play those maps, would someone like to confirm?

Also, are there any additional trophies in the Hitman 2 Additional Expansions trophy list that require online capability?

Edited by B1rvine