Hitman 2's Ghost Mode shutting down on the 31st of August

Undead Wolf

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Doing the online trophies only doesn’t keeping you save from the shutdown once that is going to happen when Hitman 3 releases i think.

Whole game is needed to connect online, which is another thing that you should worry about those challenges and stuff.

I’m not a big fan of this.

Unlikely, the "always on" thing was in the first one and that wasn't turned off when Hitman 2 came along

Thats not to say they never will but I don't think the whole thing will be canned by January when Hitman 3 launches

Edited by Cleggworth

13 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Well they do say that there will be a way to get the trophies after the shutdown, but it took me and @Undead Wolf all of 15 minutes to do the 3 challenges, so they're pretty easy trophies to earn 

I know this isn't directly the place to ask, but since you're already talking about it, would you at all be willing to do the challenges with me? None of my friends who have PS4 play this game. Obviously since you already did them then it's totally understandable if you don't want to again. I'm sure I can find someone on the forum willing to.

12 minutes ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

I know this isn't directly the place to ask, but since you're already talking about it, would you at all be willing to do the challenges with me? None of my friends who have PS4 play this game. Obviously since you already did them then it's totally understandable if you don't want to again. I'm sure I can find someone on the forum willing to.

Yea sure i can give you a hand, send me a message on here and we can figure something out

• Like 1

Hey guys! Not sure if this is the right place to ask. I knocked out deadly duo this morning. A pretty fast trophy. I was wondering if there is any way of getting Double Trouble & Two for One without the expansion pass? I assumed the PS Now version of Hitman 2 came with the pass but that's apparently not the case! 

11 hours ago, GhostsxShadow said:

Could someone clarify which trophy/s this is for?

There are no trophies tied to Ghost Mode, I'm pretty sure. The trophies that will become unobtainable are the 3 co-op trophies, but technically it may be all the trophies, since Hitman 2 requires an online connection to track progress :/

On 19.8.2020 at 1:50 AM, B1rvine said:

I've been told 30 mins to 2 hours, and you can immediately play those maps, would someone like to confirm?

Also, are there any additional trophies in the Hitman 2 Additional Expansions trophy list that require online capability?

You can play them immediately and they they like 15 minutes each. One of them is in the additional trophy set. 

1 hour ago, Maahniac said:

There are no trophies tied to Ghost Mode, I'm pretty sure. The trophies that will become unobtainable are the 3 co-op trophies, but technically it may be all the trophies, since Hitman 2 requires an online connection to track progress :/

Hmmm anyone confirms this?! 

The main game itself should be fine, they still support the 2016 release so if they are dropping a server it would be that one first i think. Because dropping the online support to the whole game would make it almost unplayable and that would certainly fuck over a huge client base right before releasing another game with the same MO, which would be a PR nightmare.

Guess i need to get the sniper co-op trophies. 

Edited by dark_moon689
  • Like 1

(1) So to be totally clear, the only achievements impacted by the upcoming multiplayer server closure are Deadly Duo (Himmelstein), Double Trouble (Singapore), and Two for One (Siberia), correct?

(2) Also, does the closure of the multiplayer server prevent the obtaining of any useful/necessary upgrades?

Thanks!!

44 minutes ago, bigrake1 said:

(1) So to be totally clear, the only achievements impacted by the upcoming multiplayer server closure are Deadly Duo (Himmelstein), Double Trouble (Singapore), and Two for One (Siberia), correct?

(2) Also, does the closure of the multiplayer server prevent the obtaining of any useful/necessary upgrades?

Thanks!!

1: yes, and 2: the only thing you could possibly lose is the phantom suit, which does nothing in terms of gameplay, so no.

• Like 1

I'll be honest I never even knew that Ghost Mode was a thing. Jumped straight into it and gotta say, love the concept! Just wish it was executed better, perhaps as a standalone game with more content. Sill really liked it, got all challenges cleared up in one sitting, and got that stylish Phantom Suit.

Lack of content and complexity certainly makes it repetitive, so I can see why it's getting shut down. Hopefully, this little experiment can lead to some full-on multiplayer Hitman games. Would be really fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Has it been said how long the servers for the co-op trophies will be up for? I got both games in ththe sale and just installed Hitman 2 now but not played it at all. Seems like the sniper missions are not connected to the story? 

How long on average do they take? And are they easy as I don’t want to jump in with someone and be a drag!

6 minutes ago, lynx_1985 said:

Has it been said how long the servers for the co-op trophies will be up for? I got both games in ththe sale and just installed Hitman 2 now but not played it at all. Seems like the sniper missions are not connected to the story? 

How long on average do they take? And are they easy as I don’t want to jump in with someone and be a drag!

They don't take more than 15 minutes to do all 3, if you want to just get them done you can say screw the objectives and stealth and just blast away with your partner.

There are challenges that you'll need to complete in single player for them and they are also in multiplayer but you can ignore them for these trophies.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

They don't take more than 15 minutes to do all 3, if you want to just get them done you can say screw the objectives and stealth and just blast away with your partner.

There are challenges that you'll need to complete in single player for them and they are also in multiplayer but you can ignore them for these trophies.

OK cool thanks man. 

On 8/25/2020 at 4:56 AM, ViniciusSCampos said:

Hitman 2 sure has a lot of trophies damn

A lot of them are not cheap trophies too. Yet no platinum

9 minutes ago, tintmylf said:

I'm looking to snag the Sibera multiplayer achievement before it shuts down in case anyone is interested (I was able to get the other two with matchmaking, but cannot find anyone for this one yet). I'd be happy to help with the Himmelstein and Hantu Port for otheres.

You can make a Boosting Session

When I first installed the game earlier yesterday I searched match making for the Singapore but got nothing after like 6 minutes so though it was dead. Later on in the evening though I got matched for Siberia and Austria straight away then I had a 5 minute wait for the Singapore mission so maybe I got lucky?

This Ghost Mode they discontinued was it any good? Never got chance to play it as I bought the game after 31st Aug.

The co-op sniper missions remind me of the co-op missions they introduced in AC Unity; fun at first but can become stale and you’ll never touch them again. The plus with the Hitman co-op sniper missions though is that there are a load of challenges you can do too were as with ACU you literally do the same mission like 3 times to get like a different pair of pants or some shit. Very throw away for me in fact ACU wasn’t very good which was a shame as the setting of Paris was stunning. Arno was boring and for some reason most of the characters were cockneys. Speaking of settings that’s the one big thing that I’ve loved about the Hitman games.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 0:55 PM, DEI2EK said:

I got into the game today the mode lets me select it still? Is it still playable for the trophies even though the servers shut down? Havent seen any word on it from the devs.