Hitman 2's Ghost Mode shutting down on the 31st of August

Undead Wolf

6 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I got into the game today the mode lets me select it still? Is it still playable for the trophies even though the servers shut down? Havent seen any word on it from the devs.

Sniper assassin is still playable. Ghost mode isn't available in the game anymore.

Just now, IDiivil said:

Sniper assassin is still playable. Ghost mode isn't available in the game anymore.

Aha! That is what I selected. And the three trophies aren't obtainable anymore? I know the game is going under before the third one in January so I am just trying to get all my information before starting it! Thank you!

2 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Aha! That is what I selected. And the three trophies aren't obtainable anymore? I know the game is going under before the third one in January so I am just trying to get all my information before starting it! Thank you!

There are no trophies attached to Ghost Mode, if that's what you're asking. The multiplayer trophies are for the sniper missions, and those are still available as far as I am aware.

Just now, ChunkyKong64 said:

There are no trophies attached to Ghost Mode, if that's what you're asking. The multiplayer trophies are for the sniper missions, and those are still available as far as I am aware.

You know if maybe I had tried reading the damn thread instead of freaking out, I wouldn't have needed to ask the dumb question! Lol thank you all anyways!

8 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

You know if maybe I had tried reading the damn thread instead of freaking out, I wouldn't have needed to ask the dumb question! Lol thank you all anyways!

Hahaha no biggie.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SeniorRicketts said:

if i have the free starter pack and the buy the season pass, can i play the whole game ?

No, the starter pack only contains the first campaign mission. You’re better off getting the gold edition, which will give you the main game as well as the expansion pass

On 9.1.2021 at 11:53 AM, igs63 said:

No, the starter pack only contains the first campaign mission. You’re better off getting the gold edition, which will give you the main game as well as the expansion pass

I understand

But what will be unlocked if i buy the season pass?

I already have the starter pack 

Im just curious

31 minutes ago, SnowbellKitty said:

Guys, the escalation trophies (Paris Escalated, Sapienza Escalated, etc...) are online trophies too. I am doomed, I just bought the first two games this January. In fact I bought the second game just yesterday.

Now, instead of enjoying the story, I'll have to do escalations twice over? Because my mastery levels didn't transfer from 1 to 2. Do the levels transfer the opposite way, from 2 to 1 ? Because if they do, that means I'll have to play 75 escalation missions (five per episode), and if they don't, that means 100 missions (Paris twice, Sapienza twice, etc..., in H1 and H2), in FIVE DAYS (not counting the bonus episodes)!!! That's impossible!

I have not earned escalation or mastery trophies yet for any episode of either game. So not cool Ioi, this is Portal 2 all over again.

Unless something changed that I'm unaware of you're misunderstanding the supposed shutdown.
The only thing that's announced to be shutting down is the multiplayer component of the Sniper Assassin missions in Hitman 2 (which will only affect 3 trophies: Deadly Duo (Himmelstein), Double Trouble (Singapore/Hantu Port) and Two for One (Siberia)). Everything else, including the single-player of those same Sniper Assassin missions and Escalation are fine.

30 minutes ago, SnowbellKitty said:

Thank you, sir. Phew!

What about mastery, escalations and item unlocks from 2 to 1 (which would also maybe unlock H1's trophies by logging in on it)? Can I do that, or Ioi really forces us to play the original levels twice in both games? By twice I mean 200+ times, considering Escalations.

You gotta do all of part 1 then do the legacy version of part 1 within part 2 but here's the kicker some stuff is different like escalations may not be the same between versions and honestly I found the escalations in 2 (legacy) to be rediculously easy.

If u wanted you could play out a level in 1 get all trophies then switch to legacy in 2 and complete the same level while everything's fresh and it won't feel like such a slog least that's my opinion