Multiple sources saying Series X is $599.99. What do you think the PS5 is going to be?

The_Mighty_Ducks

Too lazy to post up the sources but Monster and Alanha Pierce gaveaway the price which is $599.99. 

Again nothing is confirmed so take it with a grain of salt. But I am confident its that price. 

So what do you think Sony's next move is? Sell the PS5 at the same price or undercut them at $499.99 and the digital version at $449.99?

2 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

I don’t understand all the talk of “repeating the PS3 mistake”. Do people expect consoles to NEVER cross the $599 threshold?

$599 in 2006, adjusted for inflation, is worth $760 today. That’s what “repeating the PS3 mistake” would be.

Not the $599, I mean going overboard with the price... Maybe $700-$800?

I could see the regular PS5 going from anywhere between $450~550 and the digital only one going for $400~500.  Sony will probably bank on customers purchasing their peripherals at launch along with a good number of games.

$600 for the Series X will basically kill their launch since the main game, Halo, has been pushed back to 2021.  I could see all this recent news having a long-term devastating effect on Xbox in general.  If they could release at around $450~500 they may be able to hold on until some of their heavy hitters are able to release, but I can see a lot of people holding off on purchasing a unit until then.

6 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

I don’t understand all the talk of “repeating the PS3 mistake”. Do people expect consoles to NEVER cross the $599 threshold?

$599 in 2006, adjusted for inflation, is worth $760 today. That’s what “repeating the PS3 mistake” would be.

Especially when consoles in the past have cost more at launch. neo geo, cd-i, laseractive, 3do

• Like 1