Can you play this with DS4 controller?

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

I'm confused about your question. You can play any PS3 game with a DS4 controller - you just need either an adapter or to hardwire it to the PS3.

You can actually plug it in then go to bluetooth settings and start searching for new devices. Then unplug it and hold Share + PS button and the lightbar will start blinking white to show it's searching. The PS3 will find it, then you have to plug it back in to confirm it's right. Then you can unplug it and it's sync'd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

You can actually plug it in then go to bluetooth settings and start searching for new devices. Then unplug it and hold Share + PS button and the lightbar will start blinking white to show it's searching. The PS3 will find it, then you have to plug it back in to confirm it's right. Then you can unplug it and it's sync'd.

Ohh, really? This might actually convince me to turn my PS3 back on one of these days. 

5 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

for my knowledge the DS4 works wirelessly on the ps3 only on the XMB, you try to play a game or using any application and the ps3 will consider the controller to be as if it's disconnected or do not works at all, if you wanna use it on the ps3 and play games with it you have to keep it plugged via the USB, though vibration will not gonna works and so does the head phone jack.

23 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

for my knowledge the DS4 works wirelessly on the ps3 only on the XMB, you try to play a game or using any application and the ps3 will consider the controller to be as if it's disconnected or do not works at all, if you wanna use it on the ps3 and play games with it you have to keep it plugged via the USB, though vibration will not gonna works and so does the head phone jack.

I use it all the time wirelessly.

It considers it 2 controllers, the wired one as player 1 and the wireless one as player 2. All you have to do is reassign the wireless to controller 1. Or restart the system so it forgets the wired one. It definitely works, I do it all the time.

Also the PS button doesn't work, so hopefully you have an old PS3 controller you can turn on to use for that button.

Edited by KingGuy420

16 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

I use it all the time wirelessly.

It considers it 2 controllers, the wired one as player 1 and the wireless one as player 2. All you have to do is reassign the wireless to controller 1. Or restart the system so it forgets the wired one. It definitely works, I do it all the time.

Also the PS button doesn't work, so hopefully you have an old PS3 controller you can turn on to use for that button.

I'll try this later to see.

4 hours ago, psycho_clank314 said:

So i just tried this and I am unable to play FFA with the DS4, only the DS3 works for me. I just finished getting the plat on Up Your Arsenal and the DS4 worked just fine. Maybe it just isnt supported for this game. 

Did you try the reassigning controller thing I mentioned above? Seems weird that specific games would ignore it...

9 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Did you try the reassigning controller thing I mentioned above? Seems weird that specific games would ignore it...

So I just found this:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/DualShock_4_Compatible_PlayStation_3_Games

All 4 One and FFA are on the not compatible list. When I have my DS4 plugged in or wireless it does not respond to any input. When I plug my PS3 in it works just fine.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

So I just found this:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/DualShock_4_Compatible_PlayStation_3_Games

All 4 One and FFA are on the not compatible list. When I have my DS4 plugged in or wireless it does not respond to any input. When I plug my PS3 in it works just fine.

Thanks. Learn something new every day I guess. Not sure how up to date that list is though cause I've used it on Minecraft... May have been wired though, can't quite remember.

• 1 year later...

Coming in late here. Was looking to use the PS3 to PSNow version to get the online trophies when I ran into the DS4 issues. Did some poking around and the list psyco_clank posted above was good for the time, but the total sum seems to be 99% of PS3 title work with the DS4 just fine. It would be quicker to list the games that won't but even then it depends. A friend was able to get the DS4 to work with the PS3 version Batman games with no issues, so who knows.