Trailer thoughts?

IntroPhenom

5 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

The game actually looks pretty good, I like the art style it is very simple. I haven't played Pokemon since Ruby or sapphire tho.  Capturing every type of Nexomon looks like a huge grind tho.

Could be a challenge, surely.  The Nexomon website states over 300 types exist.  And some of them are the equivalent of shiny Pokemon!   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Could be a challenge, surely.  The Nexomon website states over 300 types exist.  And some of them are the equivalent of shiny Pokemon!   

Ya I doubt I would play it long enough to get all the trophies but I still wouldn't mind giving the game a shot just for fun if it turns out to be good.

• Like 2

This is a sequel to the mobile game, right? I love Pokemon so I'll probably try this out.

The trophies seem fairly straight forward, maybe a bit of a grind. If the amount of tamers is comparable to the amount of trainers in a Pokemon game then it might take awhile to beat them all twice.  I'd imagine getting 100,000 coins will come naturally while beating the tamers.

The Tyrants are probably this games equivalent to Legendary Pokemon so those trophies should come naturally while collecting all of the nexomon.

Probably looking at a 70+ hours platinum if this is at all comparable to completing the Pokedex in any given pokemon game.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, SonneeD said:

This is a sequel to the mobile game, right? I love Pokemon so I'll probably try this out.

yeah sequel to Nexomon. this does have a mobile looking vibe to it but graphically still not bad. I like the overworld being more like the older pokemon games. 300 nexomon is good too as more content. thinking this would be a good switch game for portability reason, game a bit on the go and graphically seems like it 'should' run alright on there....also being a mobile game..... 

I do hope there is challenge to the battles...SWSH battling is pretty easy...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unknown_v2_0 said:

thinking this would be a good switch game for portability reason, game a bit on the go and graphically seems like it 'should' run alright on there....also being a mobile game..... 

I believe it is coming out on Switch. It does seem like it would be a great system to play it on.

2 minutes ago, Unknown_v2_0 said:

300 nexomon is good too as more content.

300 Nexomon is a lot for what is equivalent to a 2nd generation.  For comparison Pokemon Gold/Silver had 251 pokemon (100 new). Though I am excited to see what sort of designs there are.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SonneeD said:

I believe it is coming out on Switch. It does seem like it would be a great system to play it on.

300 Nexomon is a lot for what is equivalent to a 2nd generation.  For comparison Pokemon Gold/Silver had 251 pokemon (100 new). Though I am excited to see what sort of designs there are.

Yeah its coming to Switch

• Like 1

I am so excited for this. I have been waiting for this type of game to come to PS4 for a while, I was really hoping Yokai Watch 4 PS4 would come west but it seems like that's probably not going to happen. This game looks incredible, and the trophies don't look that bad either.

• Like 2

Just pre-ordered mine from eStarland.com.  Really should not entertain the idea of beginning a new, lengthy video game right now, but then I never really should, given backlog, time, etc., so to heck with restraint!  I want to run around and capture little creatures, gosh darn it!  (That rustling grass in the trailer sold me ?!)

I really wanted a Pokemon-like game on PS for a while, so when I head of Nexomon the first time, I checked out their first game. It was super fun for me, so this version will surely be day1 buy for me. It's not exactly like Pokemon of course, but really similar. And although there are super rare monsters, they aren't as rare as shinys, and the first Nexomon also had the option in postgame to get some item to make them appear more often. Collecting all of them probably isn't as hard as you may think - especially because there aren't two versions and multiplayer/trading needed (I really hate that with Pokemon :/).

• Like 2

On 8/18/2020 at 9:16 AM, FailGecko said:

Yeah, I preordered a physical copy off Amazon. The way physical games have been scarce since the pandemic started, I didn't wanna risk it. Amazon has it for $30, BTW!!!

Fun fact.. it is a $30 game lol. Amazon does not have it for a lower price compared to it's competitors. 

Edited by DuckSwimmer
  • Like 1

Game is $30 both digitally on PSN and retail disk (which surprised me). So i'll be getting it at Gamestop next week.

The trailer looks cute and i like the huge roster of creatures. The best part is that i'm unfamiliar with Nexomon franchise, so each monster will be completely new to me. Kinda like the feeling i got playing Pokemon Red for the first time as a kid. :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ryumoau said:

Game is $30 both digitally on PSN and retail disk (which surprised me). So i'll be getting it at Gamestop next week.

The trailer looks cute and i like the huge roster of creatures. The best part is that i'm unfamiliar with Nexomon franchise, so each monster will be completely new to me. Kinda like the feeling i got playing Pokemon Red for the first time as a kid. :)

I share that reason for excitement.  :) 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 0:29 AM, Ryumoau said:

Just throwing it out there, I hope you reserved a copy. Because this is a very niche title, stores seem like they only got what was reserved. This title wasn’t heavily supplied if nobody reserved it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

As a huge pkmn nerd is this worth getting?

Yes, i would say so.

I do love the pkmn games but nexomon does so much things right what pkmn didn't the last time/s. Especially in terms of difficulty and story. Even talking/interacting with npcs can be very very funny at times (you'll know when youre going through the game). I do also like the style of the gen 4/5 just with better graphics. Theres 381 nexomon to catch and IMO a lot of them are so damn nice and cool. Played now 40 hrs and i'm maybe half through the story. (with some hrs lv grinding).  The devs are also very close to the community on discord and reacting really fast to bugs.. even they're listening to further improvements that is wished by a lot of ppl.

So what i can say is I LOVE IT! Hope the devs/publisher do have success with this title to produce someday a sequel of it. 

1 hour ago, Dragonxlave said:

Yes, i would say so.

I do love the pkmn games but nexomon does so much things right what pkmn didn't the last time/s. Especially in terms of difficulty and story. Even talking/interacting with npcs can be very very funny at times (you'll know when youre going through the game). I do also like the style of the gen 4/5 just with better graphics. Theres 381 nexomon to catch and IMO a lot of them are so damn nice and cool. Played now 40 hrs and i'm maybe half through the story. (with some hrs lv grinding).  The devs are also very close to the community on discord and reacting really fast to bugs.. even they're listening to further improvements that is wished by a lot of ppl.

So what i can say is I LOVE IT! Hope the devs/publisher do have success with this title to produce someday a sequel of it. 

I personally never cared for difficulty in pkmn games as I focused on Shiny hunting and competitive battling. Its good to see this has a lot of content already though and that the devs listen.  Ill keep this on my list of games to buy though.