Linkin Park just got dlc! Thoughts?

NomadDragon

3721864-linkinparkbeatsaber.jpg50225492708_6af52a6118_k.webpThey added a pack today for Linkin Park. I'm currently charging up my controllers, but I'm excited to try them out tonight. Let me know your thoughts on the songs and whether you found them easier or harder for Expert S ranks. I'll update my post later or reply to the subject. It's $13.99 USD.

Song list: Numb, One Step Closer, Given Up, Papercut, New Divide, In The End, Breaking the Habit, What I've Done, Somewhere I belong, and Bleed it out
Also Faint, thanks to ArmoredSnowman

Edited by NomadDragon
Missed a song
  • Like 4

Tried most of the songs out. I was surprised by the frequency of offbeat swipes, really made it tougher despite knowing the songs well. Very doable, I felt. Probably, again, because I know these songs so well already.

The shining piece of this dlc is the new arena/background. The aethetic changes the feeling quite a bit.

The song choice works well and the beat maps are very thoughtfully laid out, as usual. Would have liked High Voltage or the Encore Jay Z remix in there, but the list is longer than pretty much any other DLC pack available already.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, NomadDragon said:

3721864-linkinparkbeatsaber.jpg50225492708_6af52a6118_k.webpThey added a pack today for Linkin Park. I'm currently charging up my controllers, but I'm excited to try them out tonight. Let me know your thoughts on the songs and whether you found them easier or harder for Expert S ranks. I'll update my post later or reply to the subject. It's $13.99 USD.

Song list: Numb, One Step Closer, Given Up, Papercut, New Divide, In The End, Breaking the Habit, What I've Done, Somewhere I belong, and Bleed it out

Some great songs. Do wish they included the majority of Hybrid Theory/Meteora. Would've loved to play some Points of Authority or Place for my Head. Your song list left out Faint, which is def gonna be one of the songs I jam the most to. I guess they're releasing this dlc to coinside with the 20th anniversary edition disc set coming out in Oct from Linking Park. Hopefully the devs will release a second dlc for more songs. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Some great songs. Do wish they included the majority of Hybrid Theory/Meteora. Would've loved to play some Points of Authority or Place for my Head. Your song list left out Faint, which is def gonna be one of the songs I jam the most to. I guess they're releasing this dlc to coinside with the 20th anniversary edition disc set coming out in Oct from Linking Park. Hopefully the devs will release a second dlc for more songs. 

Ah, you're right. I must've missed that one due to the store showing Breaking the habit twice. I tried all the songs out and I gotta say I enjoy the new zone alot. I'm barely getting into expert on the base game so all the mixups threw me off. I had to resort back to hard to really enjoy them. I definitely look forward to getting better at them and just jamming out to Linkin Park

7 hours ago, NomadDragon said:

Ah, you're right. I must've missed that one due to the store showing Breaking the habit twice. I tried all the songs out and I gotta say I enjoy the new zone alot. I'm barely getting into expert on the base game so all the mixups threw me off. I had to resort back to hard to really enjoy them. I definitely look forward to getting better at them and just jamming out to Linkin Park

I'll likely go on easy mode. It's been ages since I've last played, and the gameplay videos looked intense. 

Right after Imagine Dragons, the better DLC around. Song choice is good, new aesthetics is really please to watch. 

But if you think this DLC will help you with trophies like the previous ones (Panic at the disco f.e.) you will be surprised. Mapping can be really harsh.

Overall: great value, we need more! :)

See you guys in 4 months for the next trickling of songs. ?

Beat Saber is one of the best games on the system (VR) but the post launch content has been soooooo starved. Yeah sure if you jump in today there's a decent amount of tracks but compared to other Rhythm games its so piecemeal. Especially now that they've got that Facebook money, I'd have hoped there would be a more steady stream of content. 

Edited by Boooda

On 8/18/2020 at 10:59 AM, Boooda said:

See you guys in 4 months for the next trickling of songs. ?

Beat Saber is one of the best games on the system (VR) but the post launch content has been soooooo starved. Yeah sure if you jump in today there's a decent amount of tracks but compared to other Rhythm games its so piecemeal. Especially now that they've got that Facebook money, I'd have hoped there would be a more steady stream of content. 

It is funny because I was just looking around for news the other day for what new DLC's we could expect in the future and I found nadda.And then I see this news published a few days ago on Playstation Blog.  So they are very tight lipped about what might be coming down the pipeline. I wish they did advertise more what to expect soon especially since updates are so rare. 

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/17/beat-saber-launches-linkin-park-music-pack-today/

Edit: Actually I just went on their twitter feed and they did announce a Song update on the 14th but did not give any specifics of what it was going to be. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

It is funny because I was just looking around for news the other day for what new DLC's we could expect in the future and I found nadda.And then I see this news published a few days ago on Playstation Blog.  So they are very tight lipped about what might be coming down the pipeline. I wish they did advertise more what to expect soon especially since updates are so rare. 

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/17/beat-saber-launches-linkin-park-music-pack-today/

Edit: Actually I just went on their twitter feed and they did announce a Song update on the 14th but did not give any specifics of what it was going to be. 

I would certainly enjoy more of a content roadmap than this drip feeding we are getting every few months. 

Really enjoying the tracks and like mentioned above, all the off-beat hits make them really interesting to play.

If I could go back and tell the teenage me that I'd one day be playing a VR beat saber game to Linkin Park, I'm fairly sure he'd be pretty happy. ?

• 1 year later...