[VIDEO] Mortal Shell Trophy Guides

BushidoCypher

Quick guide on how to easily defeat Hadern for the Face Off Trophy.

This may seem difficult at first but understand how to utilise the Harden mechanic and you can do it without even getting hit!

Definitely recommend Mortal Shell so far for any of you Soulsborne fans out there!

As I continue the game I'll be sure to add more to the thread. 

Cheers guys, any additional tips for others going for the trophies add them here :D
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, L0rdAceX said:

Thanks for this! Going to have a full guide up at some point? Many of us are particularly antsy about the shelless trophy. 

That's the plan mate! 
They did say they were going to be late with PS4 codes so I only got it earlier today. Finishing off my all in one Cuphead guide then I'll continue to work on this 

I'll be streaming some tonight as well so people can decide if it's something they might enjoy.

1 minute ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

That's the plan mate! 
They did say they were going to be late with PS4 codes so I only got it earlier today. Finishing off my all in one Cuphead guide then I'll continue to work on this 

I'll be streaming some tonight as well so people can decide if it's something they might enjoy.

Fair enough! I know I'll be working on it almost assuredly (since I try to platinum most 3D soulslkes) so I'll relay any tips if I have any!

Just now, L0rdAceX said:

Fair enough! I know I'll be working on it almost assuredly (since I try to platinum most 3D soulslkes) so I'll relay any tips if I have any!

That would be beyond appreciated mate, speeds up my work and gives me more time for proper editing/recording.

Huge Soulsborne fan as well, it's how my wife and I met when I was still in America so glad you enjoy them as well :D

• Like 2

12 hours ago, L0rdAceX said:

Many of us are particularly antsy about the shelless trophy. 

In all honesty, that trophy really isn't too bad. You get an insane amount of invincibility frames from dodge roll and can do it an absurd amount of times without a shell (on obsidian mode it's 40 in succession...), so you really only need to kill a small number of enemies/things and just do the bosses flawlessly. Like, I mentioned this as a negative in my review, but it's entirely possible to dodge roll from the main base to any temple if you're able to rest for like four seconds somewhere in the journey and I had enough stamina to go from checkpoint to checkpoint. The only hard one is the sky temple, since you can fall off, but you can still dodge roll through. 

I think in terms of actual progression, you need to kill like 20 enemies, four bosses and interact with like five items. Also, a lot of the hardest parts can be cheesed by buying bolts and just shooting enemies. 

7 hours ago, Admiralvic said:

In all honesty, that trophy really isn't too bad. You get an insane amount of invincibility frames from dodge roll and can do it an absurd amount of times without a shell (on obsidian mode it's 40 in succession...), so you really only need to kill a small number of enemies/things and just do the bosses flawlessly. Like, I mentioned this as a negative in my review, but it's entirely possible to dodge roll from the main base to any temple if you're able to rest for like four seconds somewhere in the journey and I had enough stamina to go from checkpoint to checkpoint. The only hard one is the sky temple, since you can fall off, but you can still dodge roll through. 

I think in terms of actual progression, you need to kill like 20 enemies, four bosses and interact with like five items. Also, a lot of the hardest parts can be cheesed by buying bolts and just shooting enemies. 

Hmm interesting doesn't sound too bad overall then. 

I did notice the harden mechanic alone makes things easier and like you said plenty of I-Frames, always makes things much easier.

I just finished the forever alone trophy. It's not that bad as your iframes are (thankfully) very forgiving as Admiralvic mentioned. The worst 2 parts are the final boss, which is extremely long and the sky temple, which has millions of the opposite of stormtroopers. I'll be cleaning up and attempting to get my platinum for 100% tomorrow, but I think I screwed myself as there seems to be only ONE baguette in the whole game and I missed it in NG (I jumped the gun to NG+ oops) and you need 2 for max familiarity...great.  

1 hour ago, L0rdAceX said:

I just finished the forever alone trophy. It's not that bad as your iframes are (thankfully) very forgiving as Admiralvic mentioned. The worst 2 parts are the final boss, which is extremely long and the sky temple, which has millions of the opposite of stormtroopers. I'll be cleaning up and attempting to get my platinum for 100% tomorrow, but I think I screwed myself as there seems to be only ONE baguette in the whole game and I missed it in NG (I jumped the gun to NG+ oops) and you need 2 for max familiarity...great.  

Using the ability of that certain shell, cant remember name, you would be able to max in 1!

1 hour ago, L0rdAceX said:

Be sure to use items as scholar but firstly learn the skill with him that enables you to do that. With him you need to use only one baguette.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 0:12 AM, L0rdAceX said:

I found 2 baguettes in my 1st playthrough. There is another one in the 2nd part of the Seal of Infinity area. You have to take one of the teleports when you are really high up to find it in a chest.