Neptunia ReVerse announced, launches December 17 in Japan & June 2021 in the West

Suminya

Interested to see how far Sony will let them go with the Waifus. It was never fan service heavy but I don’t imagine Sony’s current gatekeepers will allow vert to continue unmolested. But, never know, I may be pleasantly surprised. After all, they are wanting customers to pick their console over the Switch, which I imagine will also get a full version of the game.

29 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Interested to see how far Sony will let them go with the Waifus. It was never fan service heavy but I don’t imagine Sony’s current gatekeepers will allow vert to continue unmolested. But, never know, I may be pleasantly surprised. After all, they are wanting customers to pick their console over the Switch, which I imagine will also get a full version of the game.

They've already censored most of Compile Heart/Idea Factory's newer games, including Super Neptunia RPG, so I doubt anything interesting will happen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JaM said:

*cross fingers* Please don't be another spin-off.

On a side note: Is there any news for localization of Rebirth games for PS4 and VVV?

VVVtunia is rumoured to be coming West next March :).

17 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

They've already censored most of Compile Heart/Idea Factory's newer games, including Super Neptunia RPG, so I doubt anything interesting will happen.

That's why you get them for the Switch or PC if there's an uncensored version available elsewhere :).

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, JaM said:

*cross fingers* Please don't be another spin-off.

On a side note: Is there any news for localization of Rebirth games for PS4 and VVV?

I don't know about VVV, but for Re;Birth1+ there's probably no chance whatsoever. Re;Birth2 and 3 were never released on PS4; I can only imagine how poorly the first one must've sold for this to be the result.

Edited by Ariadne
  • Like 1

Compile Heart has announced Go! Go! 5 Jigen Game Neptune: re★Verse for PlayStation 5. Only the logo was shown, nothing else. They also launched a special 10th anniversary website, which can be found here.

Spoiler

hiSMaOT.png

Here's the announcement video for Go! Go! 5 Jigen Game Neptune: re★Verse.

Edited by Hanamaru Kunikida

I buy the PS5 the same day this game comes out in west. I wonder if it's going to be called "Gigadimension Neptunia 5 Re;Verse Go" or something in west. Saw someone say VVV here so here's the release date(at least the year.) and the west name.

VVVtunia is coming to the west as Neptunia Virtual Stars in 2021.

Spoiler

EZsTzGOUwAEPYMw?format=jpg&name=large

No news about Ninja-e btw but it might be the last Neptunia for PS4 .

• 4 weeks later...

The game has a release date.

Go! Go! 5 Jigen Game Neptune: re★Verse will launch for PlayStation 5 on December 17 in Japan for 7,600 yen, Compile Heart announced.

In addition to the standard edition, a “Go! Go! Edition” will be available for 9,600 yen, which includes an original storage box with an exclusive illustration; a 100-plus pages “Memorial Art Book”; a one-disc “Premium Soundtrack” featuring various new music, including arranged music; and two “Nep-Nep Deco Stickers.”

Pre-orders for either edition include an illustration card with a download code for Neptunia Shooter, which first released for PC via Steam in May 2019, and a lottery card to participate in the “Go! Go! 5 Jigen Campaign” for a chance to win one of several prizes.

Go! Go! 5 Jigen Game Neptune: re★Verse is a definitive edition of the original Hyperdimension Neptunia based on the May 2018-released Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Plus with additional arrangements. Visit the newly launched official website here.

Also, here's a wallpaper.

Spoiler

mainimg.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Suminya said:

Here's the western box art (and yes, it's been “adjusted for retail”, lol)

Neptunia-ReVerse_2021_02-19-21_001.png

For comparison, here's the original japanese box art:

71MjWU3d5jL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Too much cleavage on the Japanese cover for the western audience to handle, if they kept that for the western release the pedos over on ResetEra will start reeeeee-ing. 

• Like 1

Recently "ReVerse" sure is a popular... subtitle is it? The term for these things... I forget right now. 

4 hours ago, Venocide said:

Too much cleavage on the Japanese cover for the western audience to handle, if they kept that for the western release the pedos over on ResetEra will start reeeeee-ing. 

Looks to be a modifying on the level of Death End Re;quest 2 which was pretty good as for as these edits go. Like, there is censorship, and then there are improvements on fundamentally bad designs, especially when they're paired with that sort of young-looking anime style.

• 3 weeks later...