PS4 Performance

mean_cheez

So far, the game is a lot of fun. It is exactly what you would expect from this type of game and as far as controls and such, they are pretty straight forward, a lot like Baldur's Gate . The load time between zones is a little slow at times. Another thing I noticed is that when I am trying to sell a bunch of items to the vendor it slows down and gets a little laggy at times. My biggest issue would be that the game tends to crash on me a lot when it comes to exiting the capital/ building menu.

• Like 1

It crashes on a regular basis during transitions. I haven't seen a pattern in the crashes yet. Basically everytime the game goes into a loading screen there is a chance for it to crash.

Overall the performance is pretty poor for a game that hasn't any kind of demanding visuals. It often stutters and in the capital (main plaza) it runs at really low speed (characters move almost in slow motion).

That all is really sad, because the game is otherwise a lot of fun.

• Like 2

On 19/08/2020 at 2:31 AM, mean_cheez said:

Looking for impressions from anyone who has picked this up already. How's the performance on base PS4? Really wanted to pick up PoE2 but heard nothing but bad things about the port, hoping this doesn't suffer the same fate.

POE 2 load times were horrific. Took so much patience to get that plat. Ive heard awful bugs break Pathfinder on Gamefaqs. Such a shame as Im still on the fence about buying it.

6 hours ago, mean_cheez said:

Ahh shoot, thanks for the impressions. Hopefully they can improve it with patches, and take the time to do it right.

I'm an idiot.

I couldn't resist. I ordered some food during lunch, wandered over to my local EB Games (Gamestop) and just grabbed a copy. I'm too much of a sucker for isometric CPRGs.

Desperados 3 is also calling out to me but I need to reign back my spending a bit.

21 hours ago, thekingsman123 said:

I'm an idiot.

I couldn't resist. I ordered some food during lunch, wandered over to my local EB Games (Gamestop) and just grabbed a copy. I'm too much of a sucker for isometric CPRGs.

Desperados 3 is also calling out to me but I need to reign back my spending a bit.

I think it is a good game. To be honest, if they iron out all the bugs it would be an amazing game. The biggest problem for me is the "Auto Save" and "Quick Save". You CAN NOT count on them at all. For example, I was in the middle of a mission and had to leave the house for a bit. I hit the "Quick Save" and once it finished, I shut down the system and left. When I came back, I was still in the same zone (which was a mission specific zone and you can only get here by starting the mission). However, the missions was never started in my journal. So, I had to exit and restart it. Only to find out that I was hours behind and had to redo so much of the game. I reloaded every single save file to find it and still, nothing. To make it worse, the map I was on was full of tough monsters. The bumble int he game left me alone in a party of just my main character. All other party members were there but none of them were in my party. They were just standing there. I really hope that they can fix this game. It would be a great game if they got it to run right.