Is online doable still?

Megaman80

Im from europe, will i be racing against a lot of high class racers if i de rank myself on purpose, or will there just be fewer people on?

also, im wondering about the single player stuff. I tried the full lap on nurburgring, and was 25 sec off gold time after racing 3 times. How hard is this compared with GT5, i dont want to go trough the amg all over again, that was bad....

lastly, is there races that are very difficult on single player since the game have 9,0 rating og 10 on pstrophies? Or is that mainly the online trophies?

On 21/08/2020 at 3:29 AM, sma_online said:

To get the Ultimate Driver trophy, you better plan on another 7 years.

Yes!  Haha literally one of the longest grinds I've ever attempted.  Im still at level 43 don't get me wrong i don't play every day but ive put a hell of alot of hours into it. I don't think it helps that the main focus is online and the xp you get for online races is awful. 

The Nring gold medal is super lenient, nothing like Mission 34 or GT5 AMG stuff.

This was my run of it way back in 2017

Some more context this was my second run at the trial and my first was at 6:58:463 and if you know Nring and take note how I drive, I can't for the life of me be brave in the last sector after Karusell, but I still managed to get the gold medal so it's really super easy.

Edited by totallycrushed

10 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

The Nring gold medal is super lenient, nothing like Mission 34 or GT5 AMG stuff.

This was my run of it way back in 2017

Some more context this was my second run at the trial and my first was at 6:58:463 and if you know Nring and take note how I drive, I can't for the life of me be brave in the last sector after Karusell, but I still managed to get the gold medal so it's really super easy.

So is the full lap of nurburgring one of the more difficult ones or are the other two you mentioned much harder?

22 hours ago, Megaman80 said:

How is the ramkimgs on online? Is it a lot of A and S ranks in the lower ones?

Not sure if it's because of my region and maybe lack of players (I was on the AU/NZ/Asia servers), but I found that after the last update about a month or so ago that the matchmaking seemed to be completely all over the place. I spent most of my time as a DS, although I did move up to CS eventually, but I was getting paired with BS, AS and even SS drivers. Not the entire lobby, but usually at least half of the field were BS or above while I was only a CS. So a huge difference in their skill compared to mine. 

I got the trophy for completing 322 races, and I finished those with a grand total of 3 wins and 1 pole position. I'm not going back :) Good luck if you decide to commit to this plat!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

Not sure if it's because of my region and maybe lack of players (I was on the AU/NZ/Asia servers), but I found that after the last update about a month or so ago that the matchmaking seemed to be completely all over the place. I spent most of my time as a DS, although I did move up to CS eventually, but I was getting paired with BS, AS and even SS drivers. Not the entire lobby, but usually at least half of the field were BS or above while I was only a CS. So a huge difference in their skill compared to mine. 

I got the trophy for completing 322 races, and I finished those with a grand total of 3 wins and 1 pole position. I'm not going back :) Good luck if you decide to commit to this plat!

Wow, i read this a bit late, i cleared out nurburgring and a lot of the other tracks, as well as 100% in driving lesson, which was very easy. Im going hard for the platinum. Im quite sure i can do it!

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 11:30 PM, TheBarrowCasual said:

Yes!  Haha literally one of the longest grinds I've ever attempted.  Im still at level 43 don't get me wrong i don't play every day but ive put a hell of alot of hours into it. I don't think it helps that the main focus is online and the xp you get for online races is awful. 

I am lvl47 going from 46-50 is as much as lvl1-45. There are some races and config that if you have a clean race can get you 8250xp in 12 mins. If no clean race then is 5500xp.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tpapac said:

I am lvl47 going from 46-50 is as much as lvl1-45. There are some races and config that if you have a clean race can get you 8250xp in 12 mins. If no clean race then is 5500xp.

Yes I've been doing the blue moon race with the x bow car. Good xp in like you say 12 minutes. My only problem is it does get very tedious after a while. So im only doing it a couple of hours a day. I just  wish they would of made online a better payout with xp   seen as though that's the main focus of the game. One day i'll get to 50 don't know when but it will happen! Haha definitely one of the longest grind ive attempted. I've heard the later levels are ridiculous.

Good luck!

On 29.8.2020 at 8:31 PM, Sh1nj1-sempai said:

Waiting for events with Fiat 500 / volkswagen samba or other slow cars is the only easy way to get 91 victories and 65 pole positions now.

Events change every monday.

Is that because no elite racers like them?

anyways i got 3 wins in my 4 last races with a total of 3 hehe. Its offc my favorite track: Nurburgring using the Audi TT cup 16 gr4. Managed to have 7.22 which gets me many poles. Just need to keep at it while its still that track!

Just picked up this great game and I figure I'll try to get the 91 wins. Been doing the Autodromo Nazionale Monza and whew boy those first few turns are killers haha. You gotta pray other players don't knock you off track or it's over. Managed to get a win after around 20 races by improving my time and not getting sent to the shadow realm on that first turn, so just 90 to go. 

As of Thursday though, even with the E rank of the other drivers, they're getting insane qualifying times around now, so I look forward to what races will be held next week! I may grind out the missions in the meantime.  

Edit: Now at 35 poles and 18 wins, so far so good for the first week. especially since it's Monza with that first turn. :D 

Edit 2: From my experience, playing against E rank sr drivers is a double-edged sword. On one hand, it's generally simple to stay ahead of the pack given that a lot of people behind play bumper cars, but in the event that someone DOES catch up to you, you need to pray for dear life that they don't ram you into the shadow realm.

Edited by ShrubbaTub
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 4:01 AM, Sh1nj1-sempai said:

Waiting for events with Fiat 500 / volkswagen samba or other slow cars is the only easy way to get 91 victories and 65 pole positions now.

Events change every monday.

After the edit of my last comment, where I was up to 35 poles and 18 wins, I managed to get 5 more poles and a couple more wins right before the races changed over.
This week, I've managed to get around 5-ish poles putting me at 45 out of 65, but as for wins? Only one so far. ? I'm doing the Daily Race B, the Lago Maggiore. Not doing Daily Race A since I'm not a fan of the cars used in it.  
I'm thinking of waiting until Thursday for all the people with good times to naturally rank up dr/sr so I'm left with people who aren't somehow gods. 
Ironically, the one win I actually got was out of pure luck since the guy in 2nd spun out.

I reckon I'll follow your advice of waiting for events with slow cars, or Monza which I guess people stay away from due to the turn we all know and hate. 

The only thing that somewhat concerns me is how long the severs are gonna stay up. If I believe correctly, GT6's servers were only up for about half a year after Sport's release, so if GT7 is a launch title, then I assume Sport would shut down around April-May of next year. If I plan on only doing races when it's Monza/races with slow cars, then it's not a guarantee every week is going to yield good races, but I always prefer getting the more grindy trophies out of the way first so it conflicts. The uncertainty on time is what really stresses me. I wanna take it slow but without knowing how long the servers will be around, it's kinda pressuring. 

Edit: After looking through the GT Sports calendar, the FIA exhibition series which is starting September specifically says 2020/21, season 1.
I'm unsure as to whether it's due to the calendar simply not being updated that far, but the last foreseeable FIA exhibition event starts on November 1st.
I did a bit more research and used the 2019/20 exhibition series for the sake of comparison, and that likewise started in September 2019... but ended on February 2020. 

Now, completely theoretically, if this 2020/21 season is the last one, and if PD were to shut down online afterwards, then the deadline is February 2020. Of course though, if there do happen to be more FIA things next year, then we for sure have until November 2021. Only time will tell... 

Edit 2: It doesn't seem that GT7 will be a launch title after all, so there still seems to be a bit more time for the online trophies, and especially level 50.

Edited by ShrubbaTub

Yesterday i got all my 91 wins, and 98 pole positions. Got 55 wins the first 6 days in nurburgring, and the rest of the wins the next 8 days, so this can easily be done in 2 weeks. I mainly played from 20.00 to 24.00 every day, and a lot saturday and sunday. My record was 15 wins on one day.

normally the easiest races for me was the most difficult tracks, since you could seperate from the pack early.

love this game and looking forward to the platinum.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Megaman80 said:

Yesterday i got all my 91 wins, and 98 pole positions. Got 55 wins the first 6 days in nurburgring, and the rest of the wins the next 8 days, so this can easily be done in 2 weeks. I mainly played from 20.00 to 24.00 every day, and a lot saturday and sunday. My record was 15 wins on one day.

normally the easiest races for me was the most difficult tracks, since you could seperate from the pack early.

love this game and looking forward to the platinum.

Fantastic job mate! 

Usually people say to pick the easier tracks, but it's interesting to see you chose the difficult ones, so props for that! 
You got 15 wins in a single day, while so far it took me basically Thursday to Monday to get 20 off of Monza (usually averaging 4 wins per day), and only one other this week! 
If I may ask, did you also rank down for the wins, and did you stick with Daily Race C? 

Anyway, even though 200-ish renaming races may seem like a lot, you can rest easy knowing you don't gotta win anymore, and now you can now cruise from the back of the pack. The worst is over, the platinum is in sight! Well done again man. Major props for getting those wins so quick.  

On 23/08/2020 at 10:27 AM, willmill97 said:

I’m more interested in knowing if the platinum is still fun for the whole grind or if by the end of it it feels like your head is going to explode?

Grinding out wins was super fun to me. I didn’t get bored at all. The online is really competitive and feels great when you win! The only real pain about these trophies is the grind to level 50. I got lucky when i did mine as there was a little glitch out at the time where you could replay the same race and reverse into the pit lane for super quick xp. Even that still took me 40 hours to grind. I’m sure it would be longer now. 

With the races having just changed, I managed to somehow get a total of 14 wins from last week, even after only thinking I'd end up with just a single win.
I've only got 6 more poles to go for the Senna trophy too! As for wins though, I'm now at a total of 34... but I honestly don't think I'll get wins this week. Route X's design is technically one of the easiest in the game, but this makes it deceptively hard as everyone practically finishes within the second, and the Autopolis just has people with insane times right now. I've checked the person with the pole position in the few races I've done, and it's pretty much people with hundreds of wins; those who've played the game for years.
In this case, I'll try to probably focus on wins later in the week. 
Who knows though, I went in to last week's races expecting to only have a single win, but ended with 14, so we'll see how it goes. 
Unless Monza Gr.4 comes back as some form of miracle, I may just focus on those Fiat 500 events after all, heh. 

Edit: I also recommend N300 events too. I usually find cars like the Greddy Fugu Z a bit hard to control at first, but once you get the swing of things they can be really fun events. 

Edited by ShrubbaTub