Megaman80

Is online doable still?

71 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, triebs2 said:

There were many weeks where I got zero or 1 win because it was not a good track or car for me. Lots of good tips in this thread, but the big one is get a good qualifying time, preferably top 100 or 200 for your region.

My final but most important advice is to pretend you are Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski and just chill out. 


Good advice here! I also had a week where the selection of races weren't my favourite; it's all good to let it go and get back into it the following week with new race/car combinations. If I were to try getting wins on tracks I didn't like, it'd be really tedious. 😅 
The second piece of advice there with maintaining a level of calmness is one that is very, very vital. 91 wins is a big task, and keeping your cool under pressure is an important aspect of racing. There's the objective factors of maintaining speed, the way you approach turns etc, but there's also that mental game of trying to hold the position you're in. When you lose that grip, you start to make mistakes, and this gives the person in 2nd a chance to catch up. 

Also, I see you just got your 91 wins too, congratulations! The platinum is within reach. 😀

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

today I managed to get the trophy of winning 91 times and the pole positions ... it took me 4 weeks, playing online every day since then ... you have to be patient and especially have good time on the track to start first.  Last week a track fell that I worked very well and I won an average of 45 victories.  Now I'm going to start the more grind part of the platinum, which is 322 runs and lvl 50

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i plat gt sport last year with my old account.... i always race in D or C performance ranking....and it was quite easy.... now i want to plat again with my new account... there's many people on line???? is it possible always drive in lowest levels...??? sorry for my english

Edited by Jaffar79
error
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jaffar79  Yes, there are still a lot of people online, mainly in the D and B rankings. I started playing at the end of December 2020 and took the trophy of 91 victories this week. So right now there are still a lot of people playing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for all you recent players, is it possible to get wins and poles with automatic transmission and using controller? I cant get used to manual and i dont want to expend money on a wheel, i think i just suck but even the D and E lobbys are full of really good players and the poles seem impossible, no matter how hard i try i always stay 2 s slower

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bdias10 said:

So for all you recent players, is it possible to get wins and poles with automatic transmission and using controller? I cant get used to manual and i dont want to expend money on a wheel, i think i just suck but even the D and E lobbys are full of really good players and the poles seem impossible, no matter how hard i try i always stay 2 s slower

Yes, you just gotta get good and practice.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2021 at 11:10 AM, bdias10 said:

So for all you recent players, is it possible to get wins and poles with automatic transmission and using controller? I cant get used to manual and i dont want to expend money on a wheel, i think i just suck but even the D and E lobbys are full of really good players and the poles seem impossible, no matter how hard i try i always stay 2 s slower

 

I use a controller in motion sensor steering mode, which is quite good. Controlling accel and brakes is still a challenge compared to pedals.

 

But manual transmission over automatic is highly recommended, as is traction control off. Some cars and some corners you are much faster in manual transmission. So I would say try to get used to that, maybe a few hours on blue moon oval just to get shifting to be natural, then a few hours on a short road course like Tsukuba or Miyabi, then maybe Brands Hatch and Monza. You should get the hang of it pretty quickly.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎31‎.‎01‎.‎2021 at 8:10 PM, triebs2 said:

Some cars and some corners you are much faster in manual transmission.

How does that work?
Is it because you can slow down more quickly?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lordidude said:

How does that work?
Is it because you can slow down more quickly?

 

Yes, manual downshifting sometimes. Or some cars shifting early accelerates faster. Or some corners you want to stay in a certain gear to maintain speed or rotate faster. Or sometimes you upshift to avoid wheelspin. All stuff that can shave a little bit off the lap time. Definitely worth mastering. Try to copy the gear shifts of the top 10 lap time replays.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2021 at 7:11 AM, Lordidude said:

How does that work?
Is it because you can slow down more quickly?

 

Manual transmission gives you better control on corner entry (you can select the best gear to keep the car tidy, for example), improves traction in corner out and is essential for Race C where sometimes is possible to go the whole race without going to the pits, just short-shifting in order to save fuel.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are also plenty of situations where an auto-transmission upshift would massively destabilize the car leading to a significant time loss. Last week's race A had a couple of corners where gear selection was critical, and different from what the automatic transmission would have done.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2021 at 4:10 PM, bdias10 said:

So for all you recent players, is it possible to get wins and poles with automatic transmission and using controller? I cant get used to manual and i dont want to expend money on a wheel, i think i just suck but even the D and E lobbys are full of really good players and the poles seem impossible, no matter how hard i try i always stay 2 s slower

 

Absolutely. There is next to zero reasons to buy a wheel to play GTSport. Only go for one if you'll play something like Assetto Corsa.

 

My tip is practice with Gr4 cars. They are slower and easier to learn how to handle the manual transmission.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need for manual guys, tbh i think is more buttons to worry about when you are disputing with the other players on critical moments and more shit to remember, i got 133 wins out 322 races just with automatic gears.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/04/2021 at 3:59 PM, bdias10 said:

No need for manual guys, tbh i think is more buttons to worry about when you are disputing with the other players on critical moments and more shit to remember, i got 133 wins out 322 races just with automatic gears.

 

Well, that deppends on how long are people willing to chase the trophy. Playing manual not only makes the game better and more rewarding, as it'll land you a bunch of wins you wouldn't get otherwise, making the whole ordeal way faster.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wowbagger_84 said:

 

Well, that deppends on how long are people willing to chase the trophy. Playing manual not only makes the game better and more rewarding, as it'll land you a bunch of wins you wouldn't get otherwise, making the whole ordeal way faster.

i got 91 wins and the trophy in 5 days with automatic, for me and a bunch of people i played automatic was way easier, it is not that important tbh, you dont have to learn manual to win at this game, that is what i was trying to say, to me automatic was better

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15.4.2021 at 5:19 AM, bdias10 said:

i got 91 wins and the trophy in 5 days with automatic, for me and a bunch of people i played automatic was way easier, it is not that important tbh, you dont have to learn manual to win at this game, that is what i was trying to say, to me automatic was better

 

True i have never used manual in a racing game and i have platinum at difficult racing games such at GT sports, GT5 and wipeout HD.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2021 at 6:46 AM, Megaman80 said:

 

True i have never used manual in a racing game and i have platinum at difficult racing games such at GT sports, GT5 and wipeout HD.

Tbh learning manual is not easy and like i said it is 2 more buttons to be aware of pressing and in a middle of a dispute for 1s or 2st place you can get nervous and most likely you will screw things up, automatic makes you maybe half second slower on worst case scenarios, and it will only count on competitive lobbies, you dont need that shit on rank D C or B , people suck at most on these lobbies

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try qualify as best as possible and then learn how to defend your position.

Block people from overtaking when they slipstream you.

Take turns close to the inner side, a lot of times if you take the turn from wider angles people will use u as brake dummy.

Brake a little bit earlier cuz  idiots will brake-ram you.

Take a car you can control easily.

I use Nissan GTR on Gr.4 i had a lot of battles where i could defend and keep traction because the Nissan GTR has very good traction even with TC on 0. so a 4WD will probaly make things a lot easier.

Also generally i found Race B to be easier to score poles and wins, because

1. You have rolling start,so you dont start bumper to bumper with everyone

2. You can choose a car you are comfortable within the required category unlike race A where u r forced with fixed cars

3. Penalties work better on Race B cutting corners or ramming are little bit more punishing, still the penalty system is inconsistent and total balls

 

And for the people who claim you CANT boost wins, thats wrong boosting is POSSIBLE but not easy:

 

1. Get a friend

2. have similar D and S ratings

3. have close qualify times to each other like 59.6xx seocnds and 59.7xx for example

4. queue for race 

5. hope one of you gets pole

6. pole guy goes for win

7. 2nd guy plays wingman and blocks people from catching up to pole guy

 

yes its very difficult but possible. i did this with a friend, we matched multiple times!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HamiTosh said:

Try qualify as best as possible and then learn how to defend your position.

Block people from overtaking when they slipstream you.

Take turns close to the inner side, a lot of times if you take the turn from wider angles people will use u as brake dummy.

Brake a little bit earlier cuz  idiots will brake-ram you.

Take a car you can control easily.

I use Nissan GTR on Gr.4 i had a lot of battles where i could defend and keep traction because the Nissan GTR has very good traction even with TC on 0. so a 4WD will probaly make things a lot easier.

Also generally i found Race B to be easier to score poles and wins, because

1. You have rolling start,so you dont start bumper to bumper with everyone

2. You can choose a car you are comfortable within the required category unlike race A where u r forced with fixed cars

3. Penalties work better on Race B cutting corners or ramming are little bit more punishing, still the penalty system is inconsistent and total balls

 

And for the people who claim you CANT boost wins, thats wrong boosting is POSSIBLE but not easy:

 

1. Get a friend

2. have similar D and S ratings

3. have close qualify times to each other like 59.6xx seocnds and 59.7xx for example

4. queue for race 

5. hope one of you gets pole

6. pole guy goes for win

7. 2nd guy plays wingman and blocks people from catching up to pole guy

 

yes its very difficult but possible. i did this with a friend, we matched multiple times!

What a fucking horrid approach to the game. That would do a perfect job of ruining the experience for everyone else in every race you are in. I'm ok with boosting/exploits for online trophies in private lobbies, but doing it at the expense of everyone else is shameful. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, barra333 said:

What a fucking horrid approach to the game. That would do a perfect job of ruining the experience for everyone else in every race you are in. I'm ok with boosting/exploits for online trophies in private lobbies, but doing it at the expense of everyone else is shameful. 

Be the hunter or be a prey thats your choice, i tried to play clean and all it got me was a bunch of losses on last turns with people ramming me out the track, this game is full of ♥s and dirty scumbags, so i did my thing. Got 133 wints out the 322, majority were clean , but a lot of races i played dirty too, i got sick of being a fool and trying to clean race while every other guy screwed me, if at least the penalty system was fair this game would be much better to play online. Dont give a fk tbh

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2021 at 0:18 AM, barra333 said:

What a fucking horrid approach to the game. That would do a perfect job of ruining the experience for everyone else in every race you are in. I'm ok with boosting/exploits for online trophies in private lobbies, but doing it at the expense of everyone else is shameful. 

It doenst matter wether I race clean or dirty, and there is enough people who alread manipulated matchmaking.So u never really on par with the people in the lobby.

I reached SR A or B easily its not difficult.

But I m not gonna waste my time by being polite and let myself get rammed offtrack,getting contacted on puropse etc. all this has nothing to do with real life legal racing.

So from this point if most people play this online racing with their own rules you either submit to this which makes you tolreate and agree with such behaviour.or u play the same get ur trophies and never to touch the online mode again.

because its just total garbage.

 

On 4/23/2021 at 0:25 AM, bdias10 said:

Be the hunter or be a prey thats your choice, i tried to play clean and all it got me was a bunch of losses on last turns with people ramming me out the track, this game is full of 2665.pngs and dirty scumbags, so i did my thing. Got 133 wints out the 322, majority were clean , but a lot of races i played dirty too, i got sick of being a fool and trying to clean race while every other guy screwed me, if at least the penalty system was fair this game would be much better to play online. Dont give a fk tbh

Same boat man,pen system is so friggin inconsistent. guy brakes randomly and too early i hit him accidently he rolls off track i get penalized 2.5 secs,other lap i get rammed no penalty for him.

i touch a piece of sand on side of track "penalty for ignoring trsck limit +1.5sec"

other guy cuts corner like with 75% of his car off track penalty system: "nah its alright man"😂😂😂😂

 

glad im at 45 Poles and 63 wins, 120 races after the online trophies the game is gonna collect some dust in my shelf lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.